Youth Contesting Program (YCP) – 2020
A youngster will probably be coming for the first time to the host country and will get the chance to experience this country and share amateur radio knowledge with local youngsters.
Contest locations 2020:
07.-08. March LX20I (@LX7I), ARRL SSB DX
28.-29. March 9A1A, CQ WPX SSB
27.-28. June EC2DX, King of Spain SSB
Are you interested? You can apply via this form.
- Young people aged under 26 years.
- Participant should be member of IARU R1 member society
- All levels of contest experience are accepted. A participant should have at least basic knowledge about contesting and using a transceiver.
- Member societies are asked to select young people who are willing to experience a contest in a “big-gun”station, eager to learn more about amateur radio and who are aiming to get the best results out of the contest. A group of ±6 international youngsters and ±6 domestic youngsters will take part per contest.
- Participants are asked to fund their own travel costs. All other costs will be covered.
Josh Tanner, the Australian filmmaker who produced the thriller Decommissioned by Perception Pictures, has explained how he came up with the idea to... Read more
An article describing how radio amateurs can help fill the information “donut hole” by providing post-earthquake “did you feel it” (DYFI) reports via ... Read more
The amateur radio communications team of the Florida Baptist Disaster Relief has created a multi-site radio communications exercise dubbed “Whirlwind... Read more
ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) and American Red Cross volunteers joined forces in Texas under the ARRL/Red Cross memorandum of understan... Read more
ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA, will keynote the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo March 13 – 14 weekend. Minster’s talk — part of an 80+ speak... Read more
SteppIR Antenna This video shows the SteppIR UrbanBeam’s step-by-step assembly and installation in the tower, several hours in minutes. The Urba... Read more
An Isotron Antenna Solves Virtually Any Restricted Space Problem – For example, a 40 Meter Isotron measures only 22 inches x 16 inches x 15 inch... Read more
This 40 and 80 meter inverted V antenna is made with loading coils. It is a full size antenna on 40 meters and a shortened 80 meter antenna. The anten... Read more