Youth Contesting Program (YCP) – 2020
A youngster will probably be coming for the first time to the host country and will get the chance to experience this country and share amateur radio knowledge with local youngsters.
Contest locations 2020:
07.-08. March LX20I (@LX7I), ARRL SSB DX
28.-29. March 9A1A, CQ WPX SSB
27.-28. June EC2DX, King of Spain SSB
Are you interested? You can apply via this form.
- Young people aged under 26 years.
- Participant should be member of IARU R1 member society
- All levels of contest experience are accepted. A participant should have at least basic knowledge about contesting and using a transceiver.
- Member societies are asked to select young people who are willing to experience a contest in a “big-gun”station, eager to learn more about amateur radio and who are aiming to get the best results out of the contest. A group of ±6 international youngsters and ±6 domestic youngsters will take part per contest.
- Participants are asked to fund their own travel costs. All other costs will be covered.
In comments to the FCC, ARRL has argued that radio amateurs be allowed to continue shared operation in the 3.4 GHz band until 5G licensees who purchas... Read more
Connecting the MX-P50 amplifier and LDG Z11 pro tuner to the IC-705. Read more
The US Coast Guard has invited comments by January 21, 2021, on a proposal to discontinue HF voice watchkeeping. The proposal appeared on No... Read more
Tips on Operating Linear Amateur Radio Satellites (Part 2) Read more
The Airspy HF+ Discovery sets a new standard in terms of reception performance with extra pre-selectors for all the supported bands and a New DSP Core... Read more
“The Gathering” will be the theme for the 2021 Dayton Hamvention®. Hamvention General Chair Rick Allnutt, WS8G, said the theme reflects what has been... Read more
Antenna Analyzer Read more
< Who is Signal Stuff? In a world where Amateur Radio ought to be on the cutting edge of technology, far too often hams are seen as being “old s... Read more
Icom Mobile Antennas AH-760, Wide Frequency Heavy-Duty Moving Coil Antenna 200W PEP SSB, 125W PEP CW/DATA 1.6MHz–29.999MHz wide frequency coverage wit... Read more
EFHW-8010-1K ™ Multi-Band End Fed Half Wave Antenna This is an End-Fed Half-Wave (EFHW*) antenna for 80/40/30/20/17/15/12 and 10m bands. Unlike many... Read more
The antenna has a 50-ohm designed driver. The Yagi has a unique element called a ‘Open Sleeve’ which is a director very close to the driven element... Read more
These tests show that the signal strength of a local station can be many tens of decibels weaker than from a DX station. For the last several years I... Read more