The Yaesu FTM-6000 was released at the end of October 2021. It is the spiritual successor to the FTM-2900 Its a listed as a basic mobile radio, but it has some features that I think you should think about. It’s also drawing some angry comments online and I’d like to talk about that.
The new FTM-6000R is a basic feature packed mobile transceiver employing a new User Operating Interface – E2O-III (Easy to Operate – III). The FTM-6000R delivers reliable and stable 50W transmit performance. – The heavy-duty heat sink is equipped with FACC (Funnel Air-Convection Conductor).
– The speaker delivers 3W of clear and crisp receive audio which has been specifically tuned for radio communication.
– The front panel of the FTM-6000R is detachable and can be mounted at the most desirable operating position.
– The new FTM-6000R supports optional Bluetooth® wireless operation using the SSM-BT10* Headset or a commercially available Bluetooth® headset*.
– E2O-III provides three (3) user-intuitive operating modes to assign functions and settings: (1) The most frequently used function can be registered to the “F1” key and then recalled with a single touch of the “F1” key.
(2) Other frequently used functions can be assigned to a Function List and then recalled by simply pressing the “F Menu” key and rotating the dial.
(3) All functions and items other than those registered to “Most frequently” or “Other frequently’, are selectable by pressing and holding the “F Menu” key and rotating the dial Up to 5 channels can be registered in PMG (Primary Memory Group). Frequently used PMG frequencies can be shown in an easy-to- distinguish display just by pressing the “PMG” key.
– The MAG (Memory Auto Grouping) function automatically groups memory channels so they may be easily recalled by band: All memory channels; AIR band (108MHz – 137MHz); VHF band (137MHz – 174MHz); UHF band (400MHz –480MHz); and other bands (174MHz – 400MHz / 480MHz – 999.995MHz). – The new FTM-6000R VFO Band Skip Function permits unused bands to be skipped, while the registered memory channels can be recalled; even if the frequency is in the skipped band. – By pressing “SQL BACK” key when the memory channel is displayed, the contents of the currently selected memory channel can be transferred into the VFO register.
Depending on the operating situation, either the VFO or Memory channel operations are separately useable. – Some of the other features of the FTM-6000R are: Wide-range receive coverage from 108MHz to 999.995MHz; 1100 Memory channels with alphanumeric tags; supplied DTMF microphone – SSM-85D; Scanning Functions – VFO Scan, Memory Scan, PMG Scan, Programmable Memory Scan.
Carston Esch, DL6LAU, Sales Manager for Wimo will join us on this weeks episode of the Manufacturers Showcase with Tim, K3LR Read more
“” “The SteppIR CrankIR is portable a vertical HF and 2 meter antenna, it’s lightweight, high performance, extremely portable... Read more
About 5 years ago, M2 Antenna Systems introduced a high power solid state amplifier for 6 meters (model 6M-1000) capable of a full kilowatt of output.... Read more
Airspy The Airspy is a $200 USD software defined radio that has a frequency range between 24 – 1700 MHz, bandwidth of up to 10 MHz and a 12-bit ADC. W... Read more
The KAT500 is a high power autotuner that can be used with both the K3/KPA500 and all other HF amplifiers and transceivers. The KAT500 uses the same... Read more
Generating 100 Watts of output from as little as 5 Watts of input, the Model 418 Amplifier raises the bar for reliable and effici... Read more
“After several attempts to build a multiband C-Pole I finally ended up with the Multiband H-Pole. C-Poles for different frequencies on one pole... Read more
DX Hunter – The amateur radio App for DX-enthusiasts Description DX-Hunter is an application for amateur radio operators, short wave listeners a... Read more
Description Functional overview of the application DR functions You can use some transceiver’s DR functions. Share pictures Send and receive vo... Read more