“We are looking at the *first* production X6100 radio from Xiegu and Radioddity. This radio covers 120 through 6 meters and is the spiritual successor to the X5105.
WHAT’S NEW FROM X5105 TO X6100?
1. Analog – SDR Radio
Software-defined radio (SDR) system uses software for the modulation and demodulation of radio signals. Processing via a computer or other digital devices with software, the X6100 can provide you more info in real-time, complete complex operations and process data faster.
2. 5W Upgrade to 10W High Power
From 5W to max 10W, the Xiegu X6100 is a more powerful RIG than the X5105. In general, a higher wattage allows for greater range. Working with the XPA125B power amplifier, the X6100 can meet your long-rang talking requirement.
3. 3.6in LCD Screen – 4in Color Screen
The Xiegu X6100 HF transceiver comes with a 4-inch large color screen with 800*400 high resolution, helping you see all the important information at a glance.
4. Wireless Operation – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB Host, Mouse, Keyboard Operation
In addition to traditional connecting ports to connect with extended devices , the Xiegu X6100 also supports modern connection methods like mouse and keyboard control via Bluetooth.
5. Voice Call | Preset Message | Digital Noise Reduction | Data Modem | SWR Scanner
6. Built-in High-stability TCXO Internal Clock Source
6100 is an ultra-portable shortwave transceiver. It adopts the SDR software radio platform architecture of excellent performance, which carries powerful baseband and RF unit, integrating rich and diversified operating functions, bringing you a brand-new recognition and experience on amateur radio. With its compact structure and tiny appearance, you can immediately set forth on a journey with it, get close to nature and enjoy the fun of outdoor communication.
– SDR Structure
– HF/50MHz Full Mode (supporting data communication)
– Transmitting Power: External power supply: 10W | Battery power supply: 5W
– 4″ (3.46 x 2.13in) High-resolution Color Screen, 800*480
– Built-in 3000mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery
– Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner
– Integrated SWR Scanner & Voice Call
– Integrated Modem, Preset message, CW Automatic Call
– Built-in Bluetooth/Wifi function, enable wireless audio/keyboard/mouse operation
– Integrated USB control/transmission, supports USB HOST
– Built-in high-stability TCXO internal clock source
Frequency Receiving: 0.5MHz~30MHz | 50MHz~54MHz
1.8～2.0MHz | 3.5～4.0MHz | 5.3MHz (60 Meters)
7.0～7.3MHz | 10.1～10.15MHz
14.0～14.35MHz | 18.068～18.168MHz
21.0～21.45MHz | 24.89～24.99MHz
28.0～29.7MHz | 50.00～53.99MHz
Operation Mode: USB/LSB (J3E), CW (A1A), FM (F3E), RTTY(F1B), AM (A3E)
Minimum Frequency step: 10Hz
Frequency Stability: ±1.5ppm
External Power Supply Voltage: DC 9.0V~15.0V, negative ground
Frequency Stability: ±1ppm (20 minutes after start)
Antenna Port Impedance: 50Ω
Antenna Interface Type: BNC
Working Temperature: 0℃～+55℃
Transmission power: External power supply: 10W | Battery power supply: 5W
Current consumption: Standby: 330mA (Max) | Transmit: 3A (Max)
Overall dimensions: About 180*86*49mm
10W (SSB/CW/FM) @13.8VDC | 5W @battery
2.5W(AM) @13.8VDC | 1.5W @battery
Stray Suppression: 1.8~29.6MHz: ≥50dB | 50~54MHz: ≥60dB
Sideband Suppression: ≥50dB
Microphone Impedance: 200~10kΩ (600Ω in general)
Circuit Type: ZIF
Sideband Suppression: ≥50dB
|50.0 ~ 54.0MHz||0.20uV||0.22uV||2uV|
Antenna tuner initial tuning time: ≤15s
Antenna tuner tuning read time: ≤0.2s
“The new Rig-Pi from MFJ, model MFJ-1234, is the next logical step in remote operation. For a low price, it will remote control almost any rig a... Read more
“Heil Pro 7 vs Sennheiser HMD 300 Pro. This is pretty in-depth – you may need a coffee and a sit down to watch! This was heavier than I ex... Read more
A2R is a switch with the capability to share one amplifier between two radios. If you have a Solid State amplifier with fast band switching, it can up... Read more
Liquid-based antennas offer unique advantages over metal ones By Michelle Hampson A new antenna that uses saltwater and plastic instead of metal to sh... Read more