Peter Waters G3OJV, takes an In-Depth look at this new transceiver. He also gives his views on what may have been a hoax review.
The G106 is based on an SDR architecture with 16bit sampling to deliver superior performance.
It has a digital CW filter with three bandwidths to help you fight interference and get more clear reception of weak signals.
With the optional external DE-19 digital adapter, it can be connected to a PC for working digital modes including FT8.
As an entry-level portable SDR transceiver, G106 will be the perfect HF transceiver to start explore the bands with SSB, CW and exciting digital modes like FT8.
- High-performance SDR core circuit
- Compact and robust structure
- Transmission and receiving of all amateur frequency bands within 3.8~29.7MHz
- WFM broadcast receiving
- Shortwave full-range continuous receiving
- Amateur data communication available
- Computer online control available
Please read the Operator Manual carefully for a better experience and full understanding on operation of the G106.
- Receiving frequency: 0.55kHz~30MHz 88~108MHz (WFM)
- Transmitting frequency: 3.5~3.9MHz 10.1~10.15MHz 18.068~18.168MHz 24.89~24.99MHz 7.0~7.2MHz 14.0~14.35MHz 21.0~21.45MHz 28.0~29.7MHz
- Operating mode: SSB/CW/AM , WFM (receive only)
- Receiving sensitivity: CW: 0.25uV @10dB S/N SSB: 0.5uV @10dB S/N AM: 10uV @10dB S/N
- Frequency stability: ±1.5ppm within 30min after power on @25°C: 1ppm/hour
- Transmitting power: ≥5W @13.8V DC
- Transmitting spurious suppression: ≥50dB
- Audio output power: 0.3W
- Operating voltage: 9~15V DC
- Standby current: 0.37A @Max
- Transmitting current: 2.8A @Max
- Dimensions: 120x40x135 (mm)
- Weight: About 720g (only host)
Xiegu G106 In the Box :
- G106 radio unit
- 12 Volt DC power cord
- English manual
- Xiegu Service Card
- Full list of accessories to be updated later.
Describing and demonstrating an end-fed multiband antenna for portable use. It’s a full-sized half wave on 20 metres and a loaded half wave on 4... Read more
The C3S-JK (Tribander) has been re-designed, optimized & Improved from the very popular Force 12 Tribander Here are the important changes/features... Read more
Using my ID-5100A in the vehicle, I’ll show you how the app works, group texting and then send a picture back and forth over D-STAR to John KM4M... Read more
The Elecraft K4 is the latest and greatest HF Ham Radio Transceiver from Elecraft and today I get to sit down in front of one and go through some menu... Read more
“A lot of viewers asked to see how bad the interference was on my receive when my RV is running off-grid with solar only. In this video I was ac... Read more