Photo Credit: Bill Hammond, AK5X
The XG3 RF Signal Source is a powerful programmable signal source that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Miniature RF source for shack or field use – only 2.5 x 4.4 x 0.9”
- Synthesized signal
- 1.5-200 MHz range, with a typical resolution of 1-24 Hz. (Up to 1400 MHz via harmonics)
- 12 programmable bands for 160-2 m (Or use as arbitrary memories on any frequency.)
- Four calibrated power output levels:107 dBm (1 uV)-73 dBm (50 uV, S9)
-33 dBm (S9+40)
- Two programmable sweep functions
- CW and RTTY Beacon Modes(see f/w 1.14 release notes below.)
- Computer Controllable; Downloadable firmware upgrades
- Includes RS-232 Cable. (See KUSB adapter for USB interfaces.)
Wide-Range Synthesized RF Source
The XG3 is a programmable, 160-2 m RF signal source with four calibrated output levels. It’s ideal for receiver calibration, sensitivity tests, signal tracing, and as a VFO for home-brew projects. It’s also useful outdoors—for antenna evaluation, field strength measurements, micro-power cw beacons for T-hunts, etc.
Power for the XG3 can be provided by its internal 9-V battery or by an external power supply. Auto power-off is provided to conserve battery life.
Remote Control and Programmable Sweeps
The XG3’s serial port allows you to use a computer to set up its frequency and output level, assign frequencies to band switches, and set up sweep step size and rate. You can use the supplied PC software, or write your own XG3 applications.
The XG3’s RS232 drive circuitry is intended for short cable lengths (6’ supplied). You can also use the Elecraft KUSB or other USB-to-RS232 adapters, greatly extending the usable cable length.
ARRL XG3 Review Video
- XG3 Manual (pdf)
See More: Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkZheUgugdQ Read more
By Mark Abrams PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — When Pope Francis arrives in the United States at the end of next month, a group of amateur radio operators from a... Read more
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqrznow.com%2Fxg3-rf-signal-source%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qrznow/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151