World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 (WRC-19) opens on Monday, October 28, in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt. WRC-19 is sponsored by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). Some 3,000 delegates from most countries around the world will attend the international meeting, which lasts 4 weeks, and will discuss and agree to changes to the ITU Radio Regulations.
The International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) will field a team of 14 from among its member-societies, representing the Amateur and Amateur Satellite services. WRC-19 has a wide-ranging agenda, with a few items that could affect Amateur Radio. Of particular interest to IARU are these Agenda Items (AIs):
- AI 1.1. To allocate spectrum in the 50 – 54 MHz band in ITU Region 1 (Europe, Africa, and the Mideast) to the Amateur Service.
- AI 1.13. To consider new spectrum for International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT), which could impact amateur spectrum in the vicinity of 47 GHz.
- AI 1.16. This could impact amateur spectrum in the vicinity of 5 GHz.
- AI 9.1.6. Addresses Wireless Power Transmission (WPT), where harmonics of WPT systems could impact the MF/HF radio spectrum.
- AI 10. To consider possible agenda items for WRC-23 that could impact the Amateur Service, including the 1240 – 1300 MHz band.
This meeting is the culmination of 4 years’ work by IARU in ITU and regional telecommunications organizations to protect and enhance Amateur Service frequency allocations. The IARU team will provide updates as the conference progresses.
The IARU has participated in ITU conferences since 1927 and is a member of the ITU Radiocommunication and Development sectors. — Thanks to the International Amateur Radio Union
Did you know, not all Toroids are created the same? They may look the same, but there is one big difference! UPDATE: I’m sorry, in the video I w... Read more
“In this video we cover the assembly, installation and testing of the 3000N Discone for use on an SDR and home scanner.” Ultra-wideband de... Read more
A short video about the Icom VE-SP1 desktop conference speaker microphone which enables a simultaneous voice conference in multiple locations by combi... Read more
A first look at the new Icom IC-T10. Dual Band Transceiver ICOM IC-10 PDF File https://icomuk.co.uk/files/icom/PDF/newsFile/IC-T10_A4.pdf Read more
This Hamradioguide has ALL KINDS of great information within!! For new ham radio operators, you can learn a lot from this. For the seasoned ham, there... Read more
Looking at the Venus Technologies SW-3B QRP CW Transceiver for 20/30/40 meters. Dimensions: 104*71*25mm (excluding the protruding part such as kn... Read more