World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 (WRC-19) opens on Monday, October 28, in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt. WRC-19 is sponsored by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). Some 3,000 delegates from most countries around the world will attend the international meeting, which lasts 4 weeks, and will discuss and agree to changes to the ITU Radio Regulations.
The International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) will field a team of 14 from among its member-societies, representing the Amateur and Amateur Satellite services. WRC-19 has a wide-ranging agenda, with a few items that could affect Amateur Radio. Of particular interest to IARU are these Agenda Items (AIs):
- AI 1.1. To allocate spectrum in the 50 – 54 MHz band in ITU Region 1 (Europe, Africa, and the Mideast) to the Amateur Service.
- AI 1.13. To consider new spectrum for International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT), which could impact amateur spectrum in the vicinity of 47 GHz.
- AI 1.16. This could impact amateur spectrum in the vicinity of 5 GHz.
- AI 9.1.6. Addresses Wireless Power Transmission (WPT), where harmonics of WPT systems could impact the MF/HF radio spectrum.
- AI 10. To consider possible agenda items for WRC-23 that could impact the Amateur Service, including the 1240 – 1300 MHz band.
This meeting is the culmination of 4 years’ work by IARU in ITU and regional telecommunications organizations to protect and enhance Amateur Service frequency allocations. The IARU team will provide updates as the conference progresses.
The IARU has participated in ITU conferences since 1927 and is a member of the ITU Radiocommunication and Development sectors. — Thanks to the International Amateur Radio Union
Jim Heath W6LG shows what happened to RG8X that had 1500 applied. Watch the subsequent episodes for more information about coax. Read more
AMSAT’s Engineering and Operations Teams have announced that AO-109 (RadFxSat-2/AMSAT Fox-1E) is now open for amateur use. AMSAT advises operators to... Read more
Radioddity has a new Mini Mobile DMR Radio about to be released which they are calling the DB-25-D. This is a small dual band DMR radio with 20W power... Read more
Today I go over the features and do some power testing on the Baofeng UV-10R Dual Band HT Ham Radio Specification: Brand Baofeng Power 10W Frequency V... Read more
Switching Power Supply, 30 A At 13.8 Vdc Peak Output, Front Panel Powerpoles, Fan Cooled, Meters, 115/230 Vac Input Int. Sw., Each Read more
“This video took me a few months to put together while testing it in different environments and locations. Today we are looking at the HamBuilde... Read more