- Professional VHF UHF Radio: Dual band, dual watch, dual standby, up to 128 channels. Equipped with an 8.9-inch long antenna, this solid 5W radio can reach further and receives strong signals.
- Bluetooth Programming: In addition to the traditional PC programming, the GS-5B can be programmed with the dedicated APP via Bluetooth. Compatible with both Android and IOS systems. There also is keypad programming for all settings and functions. It’s cool to program your radio anywhere anytime especially when you are traveling.
- Improved Display: This radio has a much-improved display that features a full color screen, a signal strength meter, and other features. With the inverted dark background, the display is easy on the eyes, even in daylight.
- Rugged and Rainproof: Made of high-strength materials in the body and softer TPU material at the bottom, this radio is specially designed to be safe from drops. Rated IP56 waterproof is also a plus for outdoors, especially in harsh environments. Finally, the radio is orange, making it easier to locate and spot in low light scenarios.
- More features: Micro-USB charging, VOX delay, dual PTT, channel name edit, SOS function, DTMF function, 211 CTCSS and 51 DCS tones, 1750Hz tone, encryption and VOX for hands-free operation are all standard on this radio.
There’s an incredible amount of radio signals. It’s impossible to know them all, let alone recognize them. So why not get help from Signal... Read more
The latest beta release of the WSJT-X digital software suite includes digital protocols particularly designed for communication on LF and MF... Read more
After an activation that lasted more than 9 hours, the Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) suspended operations on October 28 at around 0130 UTC. “Although Zeta... Read more
The Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB) has filed a freedom-of-information request to UK telecommunications regulator Ofcom in an effort t... Read more
Charles Clifford “Cliff” Kayhart, W4KKP, of White Rock, South Carolina, died on October 26, a few days past his 109th birthday. An ARRL member, he was... Read more
Pittsburgh radio station KDKA will celebrate 100 years of radio broadcasting in November, and Pennsylvania radio amateurs will honor that milestone... Read more
Radio amateurs in New Zealand no longer have access to 60 meters, effective on October 24. Use of the band by radio amateurs in New Zealand is provisi... Read more