- Professional VHF UHF Radio: Dual band, dual watch, dual standby, up to 128 channels. Equipped with an 8.9-inch long antenna, this solid 5W radio can reach further and receives strong signals.
- Bluetooth Programming: In addition to the traditional PC programming, the GS-5B can be programmed with the dedicated APP via Bluetooth. Compatible with both Android and IOS systems. There also is keypad programming for all settings and functions. It’s cool to program your radio anywhere anytime especially when you are traveling.
- Improved Display: This radio has a much-improved display that features a full color screen, a signal strength meter, and other features. With the inverted dark background, the display is easy on the eyes, even in daylight.
- Rugged and Rainproof: Made of high-strength materials in the body and softer TPU material at the bottom, this radio is specially designed to be safe from drops. Rated IP56 waterproof is also a plus for outdoors, especially in harsh environments. Finally, the radio is orange, making it easier to locate and spot in low light scenarios.
- More features: Micro-USB charging, VOX delay, dual PTT, channel name edit, SOS function, DTMF function, 211 CTCSS and 51 DCS tones, 1750Hz tone, encryption and VOX for hands-free operation are all standard on this radio.
There’s an incredible amount of radio signals. It’s impossible to know them all, let alone recognize them. So why not get help from Signal... Read more
Win4IcomSuite is a windows control program for the Icom IC-7100, IC-7300, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850/51 and IC-9700 transceivers sup... Read more
“I typically paper log my Parks on the Air contacts during an activation. After I get home I will transcribe and edit the log with Fast Log Entr... Read more
A 5-year, $9.3 million National Science Foundation (NSF) grant will allow the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) Geophysical Institute to establish... Read more
Donald de Riggs, J88CD, on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, says that on April 13, the 42nd anniversary of the 1979 eruption of the La Soufriere v... Read more
The FCC has announced that rule changes detailed in a lengthy 2019 Report and Order governing RF exposure standards go into effect on May 3, 2021. The... Read more