The Lab599 Discovery covers 160-6 meters, all modes, with a maximum power output of 10 W. It comes with true desktop-radio features, like auto-notch, noise reduction, and RX/TX EQ. The transceiver has a built-in fast pan-adapter, for easier search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions wherever you are, at any time.
The Lab599 Discovery unique form-factor allows you to operate from anywhere. The transceiver is only 30 mm thick, including knobs, weighing only 0.58kg. Fold out the tilted-feet at the rear for use on a desktop or picnic table.
Discovery TX-500 has 11 discrete RF bandpass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters — any out-of-range signals are rejected
The transceiver features a built-in high-performance pan-adapter, for better search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions — wherever you are, at any time.
The transceiver’s body is made of durable aluminum by the method of precision milling, to ensure a unique shock protection and provide good heat removal from the output part of the transmitter.
Toachieve high sensitivity of the transceiver, separate functional units are isolated from mutual influence and external interference by partitioning walls installed in the device case.
Thanks to the liquid-protected housing and the absence of through-holes, spatter resistant plugs, valcoders with sealing rings, the transceiver will work reliably in extreme conditions, giving you real pleasure from traveling.
The case is also covered with a layer of black anodizing substance, to maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, even during extreme operation.
- 160-6-meter ham bands;
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 – 56.0 MHz;
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM;
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP;
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal);
- External power supply DC 9-14V, 1 to 2A typical in transmit;
- High-contrast LCD with 128 * 64 px
- High-performance real-time pan-adapter (48 kHz wide);
- On-line firmware updates;
- Tilted feet (rear), fold up for transportation
- Ultra-compact size (H*W*D): 90 mm (3.5″) * 207 mm (8.1″) * 21 mm (0.8 “);
- Weight: 0.57 Kg (20 oz).
- Sensitivity (MDS) -136 dBm (typ. with preamp on)
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (software defined radio) applications;
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard;
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator;
- 3-band receive audio equalizer;
- 4 adjustable digital filters;
- Automatic notch filtering;
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking;
- Audio Output ext. speaker, 3W (RL 16Ohm) typ.
The ICQ Podcast has announced a partnership to establish an annual “Homebrew Heroes Award” to recognize individuals, groups, or organizations that hel... Read more
The WSJT Development Group has announced the “general availability” release of WSJT-X version 2.1.0. This major upgrade formally introduces FT4 as a f... Read more
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) accepted the European Radio Amateurs’ Organization (EURAO) as a sector member at the recent meeting of... Read more
ARRL-initiated efforts for rival parties to reach consensus on some of the issues they raised in the so-called “Symbol Rate” proceeding have ended. In... Read more