In March the 434 MHz and APRS balloon UBSEDS14 flew around the northern hemisphere. On Saturday, April 30 a new balloon UBSEDS15 will be launched by theUniversity of Bristol Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. The signal from the balloon may have a range of 400 km so should be receivable across the southern UK.
Richard Meadows M0SBU writes:
Another pico launch from Bristol this Saturday, April 30. The launch will be at 0900 ISH. As before the payload is transmitting on 434.600 MHz USB, with an output power of about +6dBm. Each transmission of Contestia 16/1000 will be preceded by 10 seconds of pips and RSID.
This payload uses solar panels to generate power. Hopefully the transmission rate will be once per minute during the day, and once every two minutes at night (if the payload operates at night). It’s also capable of transmitting APRS packets, but will only do so outside countries where the amateur license is not permitted airborne (like the UK)…..READ MORE
- ARRL Foundation Announces the Frankford Radio Club Scholarship
- Sun unleashes biggest flare since 2017. Is our star waking up?
- RFinder B1 Manual Programming – RFinder Android Radio
- The SDR.hu project has been finished
- Astronauts Bob Behnken, KE5GGX, and Doug Hurley Settling in after Historic Flight
- How To Build A V Dipole For Receiving Weather Satellites
- Update on the long wave monster antenna project
- Balloons with APRS Payloads to Race Across North America in Educational Challenge
- Social Distancing Exam Sessions Demonstrate Pent-Up Demand for Testing
- ATMEGA328 SSB SDR FOR HAM RADIO
- New RSGB Online exam remote invigilation FAQ
- Amazing opening on 144 MHz from Cape Verde Islands to Poland
- The K7RA Solar Update
- Temporary Rule Waivers Announced for 2020 ARRL Field Day
- Fldigi v4.1.13 now available
- CQ WPX Contest CW : May 30 – 31
- K3LR Antenna Project
- Abbree Foldable Tactical Military Antennas – 18.5″, 28.5″ & 42.5″ Comparison!
- One Radio Amateur Aboard Historic SpaceX Launch
- Hurricane Exercise Carried Out in Southeastern US
In what it calls an “extremely urgent complaint” to the FCC, ARRL has targeted the interference potential of a series of audio/video transmitters used... Read more
Congress recently passed HR 636 FAA Extension, Safety & Security Act which serves as a one-year budget extension for the FAA and contains several... Read more
ARRL has released a “white paper” that provides some context to explain proposed alterations to the Articles Of Association and By Laws that the Execu... Read more
The ARRL has honored veteran AMSAT personality and Amateur Radio digital pioneer Tom Clark, K3IO (ex-W3IWI), with its President’s Award. ARRL Presiden... Read more
Amateur Radio will be upgraded on August 6 from secondary to primary in the 1900-2000 kHz segment of 160 meters in the US. That’s the effective date o... Read more
Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) Manager Bobby Graves, KB5HAV, says the 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season has been relatively quiet up until now, but September... Read more