In March the 434 MHz and APRS balloon UBSEDS14 flew around the northern hemisphere. On Saturday, April 30 a new balloon UBSEDS15 will be launched by theUniversity of Bristol Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. The signal from the balloon may have a range of 400 km so should be receivable across the southern UK.
Richard Meadows M0SBU writes:
Another pico launch from Bristol this Saturday, April 30. The launch will be at 0900 ISH. As before the payload is transmitting on 434.600 MHz USB, with an output power of about +6dBm. Each transmission of Contestia 16/1000 will be preceded by 10 seconds of pips and RSID.
This payload uses solar panels to generate power. Hopefully the transmission rate will be once per minute during the day, and once every two minutes at night (if the payload operates at night). It’s also capable of transmitting APRS packets, but will only do so outside countries where the amateur license is not permitted airborne (like the UK)…..READ MORE
SteppIR Antenna This is another video from Pacificon 2022. I will interviewing another vender. John Mertel, WA7IR, for SteppIR. Watch to learn more. Read more
- Using A Uniden Wireless Mic For ICOM Radios??
- I Love It! Game Changing Wolf River Sporty Forty Coil review
- What secrets is it hiding? FX-4C
- WRTC 2023 AWARD : January 2023…headset on!
- ACOM 2020S | Solid-State 1.8-54 MHz Linear Amplifier
- N1MM + Morse Runner Contest set up
- Icom IC-705 Custom Made Portable Go-Case, by Ralph. QRP Day In Vero Beach!
- Icom IC7300 vs Yaesu FT991a
- Dayton Hamvention Announces Theme for 2023
- SPECTRAN V6 X
- PT-GP1 Multiband HF Vertical Portable Antenna
- WiMo Antennen und Elektronik GmbH (WiMo) will be the exclusive distributor for the complete 4O3A product
- Top 7 PORTABLE Ham Radio Antennas on Amazon
- What’s a CTR2-Mini?
- Single Tip – How to Tune Dipole, Vertical or Loop
- The IC-905 Debut! Ham Expo Walkthrough
- The giant Collins HF discone antenna at the Titan Missile Museum
- Resonant Frequency Often Not Lowest SWR
- The 2023 ARRL Calendar
- The Secret Government Radio Signals I Heard Today!
ARRL offers a series of six posters that promote Amateur Radio to the general public. These were originally designed by ARRL for the 2017 National Sco... Read more
“Dr. Philip J. Erickson, W1PJE, is an assistant director and head of the Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences group at Haystack Observatory, operat... Read more
After travelling for more than 110,800 km (68,696 mi) aloft, the record-setting pico balloon PS-46, carrying an Amateur Radio payload, completed its s... Read more
Hurricane Center MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Believe it or not, 100 year old technology plays a special role during hurricane season at the National Hurricane... Read more
Eleven schools across the US launched helium-filled balloons carrying amateur radio payloads on October 9. The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum live-s... Read more
If the partial lapse in federal government funding continues, the FCC will suspend most operations on Thursday, January 3, at mid-day. At that time, e... Read more
The ID-31E UHF digital D-STAR handportable provides a great jumping on point into the fabulous world of D-STAR Digital Amateur Radio. This radio will... Read more
The man known as the “Father of Competitive Radio” in the former Soviet Union, Boris Stepanov, RU3AX (ex-UW3AX), of Moscow, Russia, died on July 28, a... Read more