In March the 434 MHz and APRS balloon UBSEDS14 flew around the northern hemisphere. On Saturday, April 30 a new balloon UBSEDS15 will be launched by theUniversity of Bristol Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. The signal from the balloon may have a range of 400 km so should be receivable across the southern UK.
Richard Meadows M0SBU writes:
Another pico launch from Bristol this Saturday, April 30. The launch will be at 0900 ISH. As before the payload is transmitting on 434.600 MHz USB, with an output power of about +6dBm. Each transmission of Contestia 16/1000 will be preceded by 10 seconds of pips and RSID.
This payload uses solar panels to generate power. Hopefully the transmission rate will be once per minute during the day, and once every two minutes at night (if the payload operates at night). It’s also capable of transmitting APRS packets, but will only do so outside countries where the amateur license is not permitted airborne (like the UK)…..READ MORE
“First, we would like to thank you for your continued support of our company and products. As Heil Sound Communications continues to grow we wanted to help distinguish our Ham Radio division and our dedicated group of ham radio customers in their own right. With t... Read more
- Introducing SDRconnect – SDRplay Hamvention 2022 demo
- New at ICOM Hamvention 2022!
- AMSAT-UK announce the 2022 International Space Colloquium
- ICOM IC705 firmware 1.27 has just been released
- EVOLUTION PL-259 CONNECTORS
- 7 Things When Building Your Ham Radio Shack
- ACOM 2020S | Solid-State 1.8-54 MHz Linear Amplifier
- MKU PA 23CM-1200W A – Power Amplifier
- You are using the WRONG toroid for an EFHW Antenna, Maybe!
- 7 BAND HF COBWEB ANTENNA – 1 KW
- S.P.E Expert has been selected as the exclusive amplifier for the Bouvet DXpedition
- CW QSO Simulator for iPhone and Android
- ICOM will announce news at Hamvention
- Annual Armed Forces Day Cross-Band Exercise Set for May 14
- Antenna Genius
- Global Radio Guide: Summer 2022
- DIAMOND HF MOBILE “CL” SERIES ANTENNAS
- Diamond D3000N Super Discone Ultra-Wideband Antenna
- How to use Hamsticks in different ways for use on the HF bands in Ham Radio
- uSDX+ v2 8 – HF TRANSCEIVER
Earth Science Week What is hoped will be the first annual “Get Your Park ON” operating event will take place October 14 – 20, in celebration of Earth... Read more
At the request of the FCC, the ARRL on has filed supplemental comments urging the Commission to continue to make available via the Universal Licensing... Read more
ARRL Pacific Section Emergency Coordinator Clement Jung, KH7HO, has announced the activation of all four Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) distri... Read more
ARRL’s Logbook of The World has been updated to embrace FT4 contacts for the Digital Worked All States award — one of many digital WAS Endorsements. T... Read more
Friday the 13th turned out to be a lucky day for Colorado hams, as Gov John Hickenlooper signed into law an Amateur Radio antenna bill that mir... Read more
The World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) held in Geneva during November 2015 has recommended an agenda for the next WRC, to be held in 2019, to t... Read more