Slow-scan television (SSTV) transmissions from the International Space Station (ISS) are scheduled for December 8-9. The SSTV images will be transmitted from RS0ISS on 145.800 MHz FM as part of the Moscow Aviation Institute MAI-75 Experiment, using the Kenwood TM-D710 transceiver in the ISS Service Module.
MAI-75 activities have been scheduled on December 8, 1235-1800 UTC, and December 9, 1240-1740 UTC. These times correspond to passes over Moscow, Russia. ISS transmissions on 145.800 MHz FM use 5-kHz deviation, and SSTV transmissions have used the PD120 and PD180 formats.
Icom will be releasing new firmware for our IC-705, IC-7300 and IC-9700 transceivers. The updates are planned to improve the user experience and incorporate communication modes such as FT8. The firmware is due to be released around the end of January 2021 starting with... Read more
- $760 Ham Radio Shack From Aliexpress?
- Radioddity Raddy RW3 Go-Kit-Type Radio AM/FM/WX, Phone Charger and More
- PANADAPTER For Any Radio DC – 160 MHz SDR Antenna Switch
- Yaesu M-70 | Desktop Microphone
- New! Wattmeter HF/50 MHz FX773 3/5 kWatt
- PA500 ultra-compact RF amplifier with tuner
- Yaesu FTdx3000 Discontinued
- Icom AH-705 Announced on Christmas
- mAT-705 Tuner Introduction
- THE NEW MOUNTAIN TOPPER MTR-4B V2 BY LNR PRECISION
Shark Antennas Hamsticks are mono band HF antennas that consist of a fiberglass mast with integrated coil and 48 inch stainless steel whip. In this video I review the 10, 15, 20, 40, and 75 meter Shark Hamsticks and give a solution on how to fix the poor SWR of the 40 m... Read more
- Another Difficult Antenna Situation
- Ham Radio experiment – End fed half wave antenna sloper vs flat horizontal orientation
- British Columbia Radio Amateur Copies Signal from Mars-Orbiting Satellite
- Wideband Desktop Discone Antenna – 25 MHZ – 2000 MHz Coverage
- Where Can I Put My HF Antenna?
- Wolf River Coil Take It Along With Chameleon SS17 Ham Radio Antenna Whip
- Why Won’t My 80-Meter Dipole Cover the Whole Band?
- The most effective way to place a long wire antenna
- Testing My Mini 64:1 Half-Wave End-Fed Antenna Transformer.
- 100 ft Tilting Tower
S-Units” is the topic of the current (August 17) latest episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engi... Read more
Vintage Tech: The Simpson 260 VOM Volt-Ohm-Milliammeter family Read more
Hot on the heels of the last post about the 5400km TEP opening on 144 MHz between Argentina and the island of Aruba, we have details of some more cont... Read more