Warning: This is pre-release software and you install it in the knowledge that it will have bugs and issues. We are looking for feedback on this version as we move towards the full release of 1.4
Before installing 1.4 RC3, we recommend that you create a backup copy of your SDRuno.ini file. To do this open Windows Explorer and enter %Appdata%\SDRplay in the address bar. This will open the folder where the SDRuno.ini file is stored. Copy this file to a new file named SDRuno_bak.ini. This will create a backup of your .ini file, which meas that should you need to reset it in the future, you will always be able to restore the position you were at before installing v1.4 RC3
• The API installer may take some time to complete due to the installation of the Microsoft VS2008 redistribution package. Do not cancel the installation and wait for it to complete.
• The plugin system has only been tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10 – feedback on other versions of Windows, from XP to Vista would be very useful.
• The plugin window frames look different between Windows 7 and Windows 10 (possibly will be on other versions of Windows as well) – we will address this in a future update of the plugins.
• This version of SDRuno will install API 3.07 of the API – this may make other software that have been designed to work on 3.06 or below to not work. Reinstall SDRuno 1.33 to put API 3.06 back on the system. Note, API 3.06 and API 3.07 cannot co-exist on the same system, so you will need to be mindful of that when deciding what version of SDRuno you want to use.
Things we are already aware of and will be addressed before final release:
• Extra error reporting to be added to the status bar.
• Status bar debug messages to be removed.
• The user manual is being updated.
• DAB Plugin – DAB+ playback stutters after a short period of time
• Additional changes to the plugin system (dual IQ streams, audio IQ fixes for multiple VRXs and line support for the annotation system).
Release notes for all versions of SDRuno can be found by clicking here
Note: the known issues will be addressed in future versions of SDRuno. The effect of the IF output mode issue, is that you will NOT be able to click on the spectrum to select the tunable frequency with the mouse pointer. You will ONLY be able to either use the mouse scroll wheel (or other scrolling device) or the direct frequency input method.
In downloading this software, you understand and accept that the issues above are temporary and will be addressed in a future release.
Feedback on this release candidate version can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org – please note that all feedback will be read but we are unable to reply to all messages received. We may contact you if we need clarification on an issue you have reported.
FT8 is a mode in the WSJT-X software developed by Dr Joe Taylor K1JT. In this video I show how to get started and make contacts with FT8, introduction... Read more
A short video about the Icom VE-SP1 desktop conference speaker microphone which enables a simultaneous voice conference in multiple locations by combi... Read more
A first look at the new Icom IC-T10. Dual Band Transceiver ICOM IC-10 PDF File https://icomuk.co.uk/files/icom/PDF/newsFile/IC-T10_A4.pdf Read more
Yaesu FTM-200DR “Join us for today’s lunchtime livestream as I welcome John Kruk from Yaesu back onto the channel to talk about the brand... Read more
Dayton Hamvention® is offering a free mobile app for smartphones and tablets to help attendees navigate the large-scale event, which runs May 20 – 22... Read more
The LINX platform consists of the mobile app, dispatch dashboard, and specialized equipment so your team can transmit voice, data, and send emergency... Read more