- Logic updated, should work with any AD sample rate.
- Gain menu corrected, extraneous entries removed.
- Works with 822x which must be in single channel mode.
- Plays chained HDSDR recording files correctly (gain was too low), chaining not working.
- I have made the analog S-meter scaling, so if set to medium or large and there isn’t room for it to display correctly it is automatically reduced in size.
- Found and fixed a reproducible bug related to the analog S-meter where the program could display Please Wait when closing..
- Better zooming with narrow bandwidths.
- Various startup fixed for floating windows.
- Less flicker when scrolling the waterfall.
Extra options which are not enabled are now not initialised (save startup processing):
- Digital decoder
- Geostationary beacon
When closing SDR Console, disabled Extras windows are now closed before the window state is saved.
- Better diagnostics
- More robust change of settings
- General Radio Pane UI update.
- Transmit support improved.
- Sidetone added for CW when key / keyer connected direct to the HL2.
- Increased number of identities from 4 to 8. The selection window shows either 4 or 8 depending on the definitions.
- Restored HF support
- Improved frequency integrity with Lime MINI
- A bug has been fixed in the rrnoise project, rrnoise is the engine used in NR3.
- Audio recording in WAV format now starts a new file after 1 GB has been written.
Added three preset definitions for the Data recorder.
From the ribbon bar select Options (see screenshot). Press Preset 1 … 3 to display the Recording Definition window.
Playback of chained HDSDR (WINRAD format) and SDRuno recordings now works correctly. Allowed up to 5 seconds between the internal times in the metadata chunk.
- Improved reliability.
- Fixed problem with loss of audio.
- TLE now works with Unclassified, Classified and Secret (was previously only Unclassified).
- If an API call fails it is retried 4 more times with a 25 millisecond interval between retries.
- At least 10 milliseconds between consecutive API calls.
- AGC now restored correctly from previous session.
- Obscure timing problem with Meter display resolved.
- De-emphasis time constant was wrong, now set to 530µs (300 Hz).
- Gain adjusted, limiter added to avoid overload with over-modulated transmissions.
- Squelch updated to have a short tail (2ms) on strong signals and a long tail (150ms) on weak signals, this is to reduce the squelch ‘flutter’ when a signal is weak.
- Improved, most noticeable with low-power (< i5) systems.
- Fixed fatal errors when zooming with fast screen speeds.
- Added better sanity when stopping / starting radios – for example when changing the bandwidth.
Serial port (CAT)
- NR4 reset now resets the DSP as well as the sliders.
- Added SD which returns the signal level in dB above S0
- Fixed SM, now returns correct values
ELADAdded support for the DUO(r).
EttusUpdated support to use the 3.15 LTS library from Ettus.SE MORE:LINK
RF noise is a frequent discussion topic among radio amateurs. A proliferation of electronics has cluttered and complicated the noise environment; it’s... Read more
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) International Chair Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, reports that the ARISS team has been working closely... Read more
We take a look at one of the most recent HF transceivers to come onto the ham radio market. Could this be the new FT-101E that was one of the best sel... Read more
Responding to comments and recent videos here on Youtube. Is there a big threat to amatuer radio operators fourth amendment rights? Are we opening out... Read more
Baofeng UV-9R TP 18-watt HT Ham Radio Unboxing and power testing – let’s see if this 18-watt HT does what it is advertised to do! Read more
An Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) contact between youngsters and youth in Moldova and an International Space Station (ISS) c... Read more
The winning article for the February 2021 QST Cover Plaque award is “Create Your Own 1:1 Coax Choke Balun,” by John Portune, W6NBC. The... Read more
Josh Tanner, the Australian filmmaker who produced the thriller Decommissioned by Perception Pictures, has explained how he came up with the idea to... Read more
An article describing how radio amateurs can help fill the information “donut hole” by providing post-earthquake “did you feel it” (DYFI) reports via ... Read more
The amateur radio communications team of the Florida Baptist Disaster Relief has created a multi-site radio communications exercise dubbed “Whirlwind... Read more
ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) and American Red Cross volunteers joined forces in Texas under the ARRL/Red Cross memorandum of understan... Read more
ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA, will keynote the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo March 13 – 14 weekend. Minster’s talk — part of an 80+ speak... Read more