To help and support radio amateurs who are isolated at home and would appreciate contact with other people, the RSGB Contest Committees are launching a new six-week initiative starting on Monday 6 April, called the ‘Hope QSO Party’. Open to every radio amateur, not just RSGB members, this contest will also welcome international participation with the scoring being on an “Anyone works Anyone” basis.
The initiative follows a recent survey to discover people’s views on how to support radio amateurs in these challenging times. By 1 April, 571 responses had been received and a significant majority of respondents wanted to participate in a series of short QSO party-style weekday contests. The committees appreciate that not everyone is keen on the proposal but the majority view supports this new activity on a temporary basis. The survey will remain open until Friday 3 April and we’ll present the full results next week.
The series format will be:
- A 90-minute event for single operators with an incremental start time each weekday, starting on Mondays at 8:30 UTC and incrementing to start on Fridays at 14:30 UTC
- A single mode will be used each day: SSB, CW, FT4, SSB, CW, RTTY, with this six-day cycle repeating
- The series will use defined frequency ranges on 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m with double QSO points scored on the highest two bands
- Results will be shown separately for UK&CD and non-UK entrants
- QSOs are encouraged before and after the contest periods
Introducing the W8AMZ 80–6m OCF / Windom Multi-Band Antenna using a 4:1 Balun and rated for 2 KW. The SWR is generally below 1.5:1 on 6, 10, 20, 40... Read more
Waters & Stanton, the SDR Transceiver pioneer supplier in the UK announced today the launch of the new Flex 6400 and 6600 series radios which will... Read more
Product Description The Pixie “micro-power Telegraph transceiver kit instructions This is a very small volume of a simple 40 meter band micro-po... Read more
From Hans G0UPL: Great excitement here at QRP Labs Towers just half an hour ago, middle of the QCX challenge (from which I am abstaining this month)... Read more
Callum has created quite an impressive line of antennas that fit various ham radio use cases. Today we look at his portable offering The Expedition an... Read more
Solar Flux Hits New High & Big Flares Possible Now | Space Weather News 11.26.2020 Read more