To help and support radio amateurs who are isolated at home and would appreciate contact with other people, the RSGB Contest Committees are launching a new six-week initiative starting on Monday 6 April, called the ‘Hope QSO Party’. Open to every radio amateur, not just RSGB members, this contest will also welcome international participation with the scoring being on an “Anyone works Anyone” basis.
The initiative follows a recent survey to discover people’s views on how to support radio amateurs in these challenging times. By 1 April, 571 responses had been received and a significant majority of respondents wanted to participate in a series of short QSO party-style weekday contests. The committees appreciate that not everyone is keen on the proposal but the majority view supports this new activity on a temporary basis. The survey will remain open until Friday 3 April and we’ll present the full results next week.
The series format will be:
- A 90-minute event for single operators with an incremental start time each weekday, starting on Mondays at 8:30 UTC and incrementing to start on Fridays at 14:30 UTC
- A single mode will be used each day: SSB, CW, FT4, SSB, CW, RTTY, with this six-day cycle repeating
- The series will use defined frequency ranges on 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m with double QSO points scored on the highest two bands
- Results will be shown separately for UK&CD and non-UK entrants
- QSOs are encouraged before and after the contest periods
10-BAND HF/VHF 80-2M MOBILE ANT, 200W, 3/8-24 STUB The MFJ-1669 40-10 Meter Mobile Antenna with built-in Auto Tuner A brand new product from MFJ to ma... Read more
Yaesu SP-10 and SP-20 SP-10 and SP-20 On December 8, 2016, Yaesu Radio Co., Ltd. announced the external speaker “SP-10” (12,000 yen tax-ex... Read more
The FCC has granted ARRL’s request for a temporary waiver to permit amateur data transmissions at a higher symbol rate than currently permitted by sec... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) just stood down from another extended session — 71 hours of continuous operation — for Hurricane Paulette and Hurricane... Read more
The Engineering Model, the first development model, of the NANOMIRAX / CRON-1 nanosatellite carried out its environmental testing campaign at the Inte... Read more
This split image shows the difference between an active Sun during solar maximum (on the left, captured in April 2014) and a quiet Sun during solar mi... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYibU6gy3yw Read more