EM100XT Digital Compact Receiver
Compact radiomonitoring from 9 kHz to 7.5 GHz. Weather proof IP67
- Same functionality as R&S®EM100
- IP 67 weatherproof housing
- Integrated heating device for operating temperatures as low as –25 °C
- Integrated GPS module for enhanced frequency and timing accuracy
- LAN interface for remote control and data output
- Data buffering to internal SD card for time-shifted data output via LAN interface
- High receiver sensitivity, high signal resolution
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing for high receiver sensitivity and detection of extremely weak signals without any loss in processing speed
- Significantly superior receiver sensitivity and signal resolution (compared with conventional analog broadband receivers)
- Retrieval of information through demodulation and operation as handoff receiver
- Analog-modulated signals demodulated directly in the receiver; contents audible using headphones
- Digitally modulated signals converted to the baseband by means of I/Q demodulation and exported via LAN
- Offline analysis of digital signals, e.g. with the R&S®CA100
- Monitoring receiver and signal analysis in a compact system
- Online LAN transfer from an R&S®EM100 to a PC and to the R&S®CA100 analysis software, for example, to operate an efficient small system for signal reception and analysis
- Recording of captured data using R&S®CA100; provision of data for documentation, replay or subsequent additional evaluation
- Efficient operation via remote control
- Remote control of all receiver functions via LAN interface (SCPI command set in line with IEEE 488.2)
- LAN interface for providing the maximum measured data rate during receiver operation; efficient remote operation in unattended monitoring stations (interface essential, especially for system integrators who need to incorporate the receiver into existing software environments)
- Convenient R&S®EM100-Control remote control software
- Short learning curve due to straightforward menu structure and simple operation
- Parameterization of displayed signals (depending on task), optimum display on screen
- Remote control of receiver via PC, recording of measured data on hard disk, and replay of data on PC for analysis purposes
- Expansion of remote control software functionality through options and add-ons from the R&S®RAMON software suite
- DF functionality with R&S®EM100-DF upgrade kit
The R&S®EM100 supports DF functionality when upgraded with the R&S®EM100-DF upgrade kit. Using the patented Rohde & Schwarz single-channel correlative interferometer DF method (above 173 MHz), it provides DF accuracy and immunity to reflections comparable to that of direction finders with two or more receive paths. In the frequency range below 173 MHz, the Watson-Watt direction finding method is used. This method offers high DF accuracy even for small DF antennas. In combination with the R&S®EM100-DF upgrade kit, the R&S®EM100 becomes an accurate, compact and cost effective DF solution.
The R&S®EM100 is combined with R&S®ADD107 and R&S®ADD207 compact DF antennas to provide users with a wide direction finding frequency range from 20 MHz to 6 GHz. Both the R&S®ADD107 and R&S®ADD207 compact DF antennas come with an integrated GPS system and an electronic compass that can be used to display DF results on a map. When used with the R&S®ADD17XZ3 vehicle adapter with magnetic mount or the R&S®ADD17XZ6 wooden tripod, the solution allows quick and easy setup of DF stations and mobile direction finders.
- Compact design and low power consumption
- Compact size and low weight for effective integration in small systems
- IP 67 weatherproof housing
- Future-ready investment
- Wide frequency range and outstanding performance
- Capable of receiving and processing signals of current and future radio services
- The weatherproof R&S®EM100XT digital compact receiver has inherited all the functionality of the R&S®EM100. In addition, the R&S®EM100XT with IP 67 protection class enables cost-efficient outdoor fixed or mobile radiomonitoring.
The receiver is operated via the same user-friendly remote control software (R&S®EM100-Control) that is used for the R&S®EM100.
The robust receiver’s weatherproof enclosure makes it suitable for short and long-term outdoor deployment. It is well protected against rain and dust. With the R&S®EM100XT-IG option, a GPS module can easily be installed in the device to transform the receiver into a TDOA sensor node. The R&S®EM100XT-DF option can also be added for direction finding tasks. When both options are installed (plus a GPS antenna and DF antenna), the R&S®EM100XT becomes a hybrid solution for effectively and accurately determining the direction from which an emitter is transmitting.
The mounting brackets (R&S®EM100XT-BR) were specially designed for conveniently fixing the device to any pole or wall structure. The tilted top-plate functions as a sun shade. Well-fitted side handles (R&S®EM100XT-HD) are available for easy transportation.
RF data Frequency range base unit 9 kHz to 3.5 GHz with R&S®EM100-FE option 9 kHz to 7.5 GHz RF input Impedance 50 Ω Preselection 9 kHz to 30 MHz 30 MHz lowpass filter 20 MHz to 1.5 GHz tuned bandpass filters 1.5 GHz to 7.5 GHz highpass/lowpass filter combination IF data IF spectrum display range 1 kHz to 10 MHz,
Display modes normal (clear/write), average, max. hold, min. hold IF demodulation bandwidths 15 filters (specified values indicate 3 dB bandwidth) 150/300/600 Hz,
Demodulation modes all demodulation bandwidths AM, FM, PULSE, I/Q demodulation bandwidth ≤ 9 kHz USB, CW demodulation bandwidth ≤ 9 kHz LSB demodulation bandwidth ≤ 15 kHz ISB demodulation bandwidth ≤ 9 kHz CW Scan modes Frequency scan (FScan) start and stop frequency, step width user-selectable scan speed up to 150 channels/s Memory scan (MScan) memory locations 1024, user-programmable scan speed up to 150 channels/s Panorama scan (PScan) start and stop frequency user-selectable resolution bandwidths (bin widths) 125/250/500/625 Hz,
scan speed (RBW = 100 kHz, measurement time = 500 μs, IF spectrum = normal, clear/write, display mode = IF spectrum) up to 1.8 GHz/s DF mode Frequency range 20 MHz to 6 GHz DF method 20 MHz to 173 MHz Watson-Watt 173 MHz to 6 GHz correlative interferometer
A second beta version of WSJT-X version 1.9.0 has been released, the WSJT development group announced this week. The “release candidate,” as it’s call... Read more