The Rotator Illuminator kit by Idiom Press is a three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain control boxes. Buy this kit and never have to worry about finding scarce 28 VAC bulbs, and never have to change the bulb ever again!
- Soft, even illumination
- LEDs last far longer than incandescent bulbs
- Uses less than 1 W, far less than the stock incandescent bulb
- Three user-selectable brightness levels
- Uses three LEDs evenly spaced over the meter
- LEDs rated for 140° viewing angle, 500 mcd @ 20 mA each
- Designed by a professional display engineer
- Circuit includes rectifier with 100 µF filtering capacitor, insuring absolutely no visible flickering
- Focuses all the light on the meter, rather than wasting it in unwanted directions like the incandescent bulb
- Simple to build, the only tools required are a soldering iron, a screwdriver, wire cutters and wire strippers; the only supplies needed are solder and vinyl electrical tape. Everything else is included.
Have you heard about our Rotor-EZ enhancement for your Hy-Gain rotator? It is an add-on circuit board that will turn your rotator to the bearing you want without you holding the buttons! Optionally it can be controlled by your computer via a serial connection. Have a look at the Rotor-EZ here.
It has come to our attention that some companies supply LED lamps that plug directly into the lamp socket. At first this seems like a very attractive alternative to the incandescent bulb. We tested two different LED lamps ourselves, and found them to be not very suitable. Both LED lamps focus their light in a narrow cone straight ahead. This is appropriate for a flashlight. However in the control box the lamp socket is pointed forward at the back of the front panel and not downward at the meter, and most of the light is wasted and the meter is not illuminated very well at all. (There is not room inside the control box for a lamp and socket pointed downwards at the meter.) The Rotator Illuminator was designed especially for illuminating the meter in your Hy-Gain control box, and works much better.
The Rotator Illuminator kit was designed for meters with a single bulb above a meter with clear plastic edges, which are the vast majority of meters in service. If you have the new-style meter that has two built-in bulbs and has opaque edges, then unfortunately this kit will not work for you. See more: http://www.idiompress.com/illuminator.php
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqrznow.com%2Frotator-illuminator-kit%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qrznow/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151