RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54 are powerful antenna analyzers designed for testing, checking, tuning or repairing antennas and antenna feedlines.
Mainly, these are SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) and impedance measurement instruments (vector impedance analyzers).
Easy-to use measurement modes, as well as additional features such as connection to a personal computer (to plot Smith charts, etc.), make RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54 attractive for professionals and hobbyists. It is quite important that graphical display of various parameters over a wide frequency range is a key feature of these analyzers which significantly reduces the time required to adjust an antenna.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using RigExpert AA-30 and AA-54:
- Rapid check-out of an antenna
- Tuning an antenna to resonance
- Antenna SWR and impedance measurement and comparison before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.)
- Making coaxial lines or measuring their parameters
- Cable testing and fault location
- Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
- Frequency range: AA-30: 0.1 to 30 MHz, AA-54: 0.1 to 54 MHzFrequency entry: 1 kHz resolutionSWR measurement range: 1 to 10
SWR measurement for 50 and 75-Ohm systems
SWR display: numerical or easily-readable bar
R and X range: 0…1000, -1000…1000 in numerical mode, 0…200, -200…200 in graph modeDisplay modes:
– SWR at single or multiple (AA-54 only) frequencies
– SWR, R, X, Z, L, C at single frequency
– SWR graph, 100 points
– R, X graph, 100 points
– Connector type: UHF (SO-239)
– Output signal shape: rectangular, 0.1…10 MHz (AA-30) or 0.1…10.8 MHz (AA-54). For higher frequencies, third or fifth (AA-54) harmonics are used.
– Output power: about +13 dBm (at 50 Ohm load)
– Two 1.5V, alkaline batteries, type AA *
– Two 1.2V, 1800…2700 mA·h, Ni-MH batteries, type AA *
– Max. 3 hours of continuous measurement, max. 2 days in stand-by mode when fully charged batteries are used
– When the analyzer is connected to a PC or a DC adapter with USB socket, it takes power from these sources
– 128×64 graphical backlit LCD
– 6×3 keys on the water-proof keypad
– AA-54: multilingual menus and help screens, AA-30:menus and help screens in English language
– USB connection to a personal computer
Dimensions: 22·10·3.6 cm (9·4·1.5”);
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)
Weight (including batteries): 400g (14 Oz)
* Ni-MH batteries are not included with the analyzer. Users can purchase these batteries with a corresponding charging adapter.
See More: Link
Following on from our initial ‘Introduction to the IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1200 MHz Base Station SDR Transceiver’ video, we have put together a more in-depth,... Read more
“I’m reviewing the new MFJ-2289 Big Ear Portable rotatable dipole antenna this week. I’ve switched things up just a bit and I’... Read more
As you know I’ve been working on a series of highly portable, field going Ham radio boxes and the portable power boxes to juice them with. This articl... Read more
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqrznow.com%2Frigexpert-aa-54-hf-antenna-analyzer-0-1-54-mhz%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qrznow/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151