Review of MFJ’s newest radio. MFJ is the sole importer of the new Xiegu X5105 160m-6m QRP SSB/CW/AM/FM radio with built in rechargeable battery and an amazing antenna tuner. I had lots of fun with this radio that MFJ loaned me. Sadly, now I need to send it back! In the video I go through what the radio can do, with a tutorial on the menu items.
MFJ is the exclusive North American Distributor of this new ultra-portable multimode HF transceiver.
Features a built-in highly efficient automatic antenna tuner, split frequency XCVR function, RIT receive fine tuning, NB noise suppressor, NR digital noise reduction, number notch, and computer-aided control functions.
Super lightweight and portable, you can take it anywhere! The X5105 is equipped for desktop or handheld use and covers all modes HF + 6-Meters, SSB/CW/AM/FM/RTTY/PSK-31.
Everything You`re Looking For! That`s what you get with XIEGU`s all-new X5105 ultra-portable multimode QRP transceiver marketed exclusively in the US by MFJ. Compare feature by feature, and you`ll quickly realize it`s like carrying a sophisticated full-sized station transceiver with you — in your pocket!
Here are some of the many reasons why you`ll want a X5105:
- General coverage receiver, 500 kHz to 30 MHz — plus 6 Meters 5-watts output, all bands, from 160 to 6 Meters (1.5-W AM).
- All mode operation: SSB, CW, AM, FM, plus digital Smooth tuning, 1-Hz VFO resolution, A/B split plus RIT Big 3.6″ LCD screen with rich display content, Noise Blanker, Digital Noise Reduction, plus Notch Filter!
- Multiple Band-Pass Filters plus selectable AGC speed Computer interface for digital modes Built-in Keyer and CW trainer, Multi-funcition microphone, Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner, High-capacity battery pack (3800 mAh)
- Use as a handy talkie, has built-in speaker microphone.
- Includes: Multi-purpose handheld microphone, DC power cord, USB cable, service card and instruction manual.
- Built-in battery charger automatically cuts off when battery is fully charged.
- Size: 6-5/8″ W x 3-5/8″ H x 1-7/8″ D Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Exceptionally Low Price: $669.99
“Are you looking for a fun and easy antenna project? The 1/4 ground plane might be just the ticket. This particular ground plane is constructed... Read more
Design goals Like many fellow radio amateurs, I own a fairly standard shortwave radio station consisting of a 100W HF transceiver driving a 1kW... Read more
On the 1st of December 2019, there was an extensive Sporadic-E opening on 144 MHz in the south-eastern part of Australia. While this allowed contacts... Read more
U4 Digital & Analog Smart Radio 1．Description A new generation of Comart U4 series Digital & Analog smart portable, which was taken as... Read more
ARRL has established an agreement with RFinder, the creator of a web and app-based directory of Amateur Radio repeaters worldwide, to be its preferred... Read more
For restricted spaces, 5-Bands: 20/17/15/12/10 Meters . . . Restricted space spoiling your operating fun? MFJ Cobweb puts your call back on the map! T... Read more
Icom IC-7300 by AB4BJ “I have been having a great time at Orlando Hamcation that this year features the ARRL National Convention. One of the hi... Read more
Professional VHF UHF Radio: Dual band, dual watch, dual standby, up to 128 channels. Equipped with an 8.9-inch long antenna, this solid 5W radio can r... Read more
Icom are now able to provide a high quality ATEX approved PTT Headset that is approved to work with the IC-F3202DEX and F4202DEX series of ATEX radios... Read more
t last! A large screen panadapter for your IC-7300! Radio Analog PTRX-7300 IF Interface Modules provide an innovative method to sample filtered receiv... Read more
The CD-45II handles 8.5 sq. feet mounted inside a tower, or 5 sq. ft. with mast adapter. Low temperature grease good to -30 F degrees. Bell rotator de... Read more