Review of MFJ’s newest radio. MFJ is the sole importer of the new Xiegu X5105 160m-6m QRP SSB/CW/AM/FM radio with built in rechargeable battery and an amazing antenna tuner. I had lots of fun with this radio that MFJ loaned me. Sadly, now I need to send it back! In the video I go through what the radio can do, with a tutorial on the menu items.
MFJ is the exclusive North American Distributor of this new ultra-portable multimode HF transceiver.
Features a built-in highly efficient automatic antenna tuner, split frequency XCVR function, RIT receive fine tuning, NB noise suppressor, NR digital noise reduction, number notch, and computer-aided control functions.
Super lightweight and portable, you can take it anywhere! The X5105 is equipped for desktop or handheld use and covers all modes HF + 6-Meters, SSB/CW/AM/FM/RTTY/PSK-31.
Everything You`re Looking For! That`s what you get with XIEGU`s all-new X5105 ultra-portable multimode QRP transceiver marketed exclusively in the US by MFJ. Compare feature by feature, and you`ll quickly realize it`s like carrying a sophisticated full-sized station transceiver with you — in your pocket!
Here are some of the many reasons why you`ll want a X5105:
- General coverage receiver, 500 kHz to 30 MHz — plus 6 Meters 5-watts output, all bands, from 160 to 6 Meters (1.5-W AM).
- All mode operation: SSB, CW, AM, FM, plus digital Smooth tuning, 1-Hz VFO resolution, A/B split plus RIT Big 3.6″ LCD screen with rich display content, Noise Blanker, Digital Noise Reduction, plus Notch Filter!
- Multiple Band-Pass Filters plus selectable AGC speed Computer interface for digital modes Built-in Keyer and CW trainer, Multi-funcition microphone, Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner, High-capacity battery pack (3800 mAh)
- Use as a handy talkie, has built-in speaker microphone.
- Includes: Multi-purpose handheld microphone, DC power cord, USB cable, service card and instruction manual.
- Built-in battery charger automatically cuts off when battery is fully charged.
- Size: 6-5/8″ W x 3-5/8″ H x 1-7/8″ D Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Exceptionally Low Price: $669.99
PA0NHC – active, capacitive receiving antenna Wideband 30kHz-30MHz Read Full Article: Read more
Showing how easy and quick it is to design a custom center insulator for a dipole Here’s the 3D part if you want to print one for yourself.... Read more
VERTICAL ANTENNA Highly efficient end loading 1/2 Wave vertical covers bands: 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6 and 2 Meters. Requires no radials, no loss... Read more
by David Spero Some things in life you can never have too much of. But for this article, we’ll concentrate just on radio range/efficiency! There are... Read more
Walk-through steps for manually programming the BaoFeng handheld radios. Easily program your BaoFeng for Repeater or Simplex Channels along with addin... Read more
“Jim W6LG talks to G4AKC, David Starkie in England. David is Pedestrian Mobile running about 100 watts to a quarter wavelength long vertical mob... Read more
Some things to think about when you set up your first ham radio station operating position. A quick look at Larry WD0AKX’s console. ... Read more
“I’m a bit of a 220 aficionado, but decent 220 equipment can be hard to come by. The 1.25 meter band has some unique properties, blending the pr... Read more
MFJ-939 Plug&Play IntelliTuner Automatic Antenna Tuner Plug & Play Auto TunerPlug & Play! You won’t even know it’s there . . . MFJ-... Read more
1.5 – 31.5 MHz / 2500 Watts The GCS1D2GYV (SKU 4054) is suitable for HF broadband or band specific high power, CW and pulse Jamming applications... Read more