CHA P-LOOP 2.0
The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 was designed with portability, ease of use simplicity, ruggedness and high performance in mind. Unlike any other similar antennas on the market, the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is made with premium materials that are precisely manufactured and assembled in the USA!
This is an exciting new product from Chameleon Antenna. Easily deployable HF magnetic loop antennas, also called small transmitting loops, have been routinely used for many years in military, diplomatic, and shipboard HF communication links, where robust and reliable general coverage radio communication is a necessity.
These antennas have only recently become commercially available for amateur radio. The real practical advantage of the small loop, compared to a short vertical whip tuned against earth or a full sized vertical antenna, is the loop’s freedom from dependence on a ground plane and earth for achieving efficient operation; this unique characteristic has profound significance for portable or restricted space antennas.
In comparison, the bottom of a vertically oriented loop does not need to be more than a loop diameter above ground, making it very easy to install in a restricted space location. There is no significant improvement in sky wave propagation performance when a small loop is installed high; all that matters is the loop is substantially clear of objects in the immediate area and oriented towards the desired direction of radiation.
The magnetic loop is different from typical antennas because it emphasizes the magnetic part of the radio wave (H field) rather than the electric part (E field) of the radio wave. It also has a high Q resonance of around 15 KHz on 40 meters, providing immunity from interference outside the bandpass.
The new CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is more rugged, lighter weight, and more weather resistant than previous versions and using the included power compensator, can handle higher power. We’re sure you will be amazed by the performance and agree that the CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is the most advanced portable magnetic loop antenna available today.
- 7.0 MHz to 30.0 MHz (40 – 10 meter ham bands)
- Power handling: 10W CW or 25W SSB
- Power handling with the POWER COMPENSATOR: 30W CW or 60W SSB (MORE INFO ON THE USER GUIDE)
- The CHA P-LOOP 2.0 is weather resistant to dripping water when mounted near vertically.
- The tuning box is equipped with a Picatinny rail for easy assembling of the unit.
- Proprietary solderless aluminum coupling loop. This coupling loop design can be used with any types of coax cable feed-lines. Because of its rigidity, the antenna tuning will remain stable, consistent and will prevent SWR fluctuations due to usual coupling loop deformation.
- The three sections collapsible portable mast allows easy storage, fast deployment and ease of use in all conditions. No need to play with multiple tubular PVC sections to assemble the antenna.
- The rubberized handle at the bottom insures a great antenna grip and an easy thumb tuning when operating the antenna handheld.
- The bottom of the telescopic mast is equipped with a stainless steel 1/4-20 threaded hole for easy tripod installation.
- The 12’ RG-58 with integrated RFI choke feed-line decouples the coupling loop from the radio which is essential to prevent SWR fluctuation while rotating the antenna or moving the coax cable around.
- Our custom made capacitors which are equipped with a 6:1 reducer, offer a smooth and consistent tuning while providing the highest efficient performance on the market.
- The cotton canvas classic military messenger bag offers easy storage, transportation and protection for the unit.
- The unit is now equipped with a NEW larger Delrin tuning knob for smoother tuning and operation.
- A 48″ diameter booster kit loop for 15M to 40M can be purchased separately.
The antenna system consists of:
1 X CHA P-LOOP 2.0 water resistant tuning box
1 X Stainless Steel base adapter 1/4”-20
1 X LMR-400 coax cable radiator
1 X Power Compensator
1 X 12’ with integrated RFI choke feed-line
1 X 100% Cotton canvas classic military messenger bag
1 X Proprietary coupling loop
1 X Folding Tripod
1 X User guide
Now the SWR can vary depending of location, metallic objects within the immediate vicinity of the antenna and antenna elevation. The elevation above ground was between 1/2 diameter to a full diameter of the P-LOOP 2.0.
This demonstrates turning an Android Tablet (or Android Phone) into a highly portable comms receiver or spectrum analyzer operating from Long Wave to... Read more
Josh Tanner, the Australian filmmaker who produced the thriller Decommissioned by Perception Pictures, has explained how he came up with the idea to... Read more
An article describing how radio amateurs can help fill the information “donut hole” by providing post-earthquake “did you feel it” (DYFI) reports via ... Read more
The amateur radio communications team of the Florida Baptist Disaster Relief has created a multi-site radio communications exercise dubbed “Whirlwind... Read more
ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) and American Red Cross volunteers joined forces in Texas under the ARRL/Red Cross memorandum of understan... Read more
ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA, will keynote the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo March 13 – 14 weekend. Minster’s talk — part of an 80+ speak... Read more
How to Connect a Modern Radio to a Legacy Tube Amp Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxuOtBMN2s Read more
Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen, Germany, was canceled last year because of the pandemic. Organizers for Europe’s International Amateur Radio Exhibition... Read more
“I Don’t Need a Ham Radio License In An Emergency!” Read more
The former president of Argentina, Carlos Menem, ex-LU1SM, died on February 14. He was 90. Menem took office in 1989, serving for 10 years. Menem was... Read more
At its Annual Meeting in January, the ARRL Board of Directors considered a motion to offer a new plan that would pay the new but not-yet-implemented $... Read more
Weather gone wild might be an apt description of the conditions in many parts of the US, with sub-freezing temperatures in areas not prepared for that... Read more
The RadFxSat-2/Fox-1E CubeSat has been designated as AMSAT-OSCAR 109 (AO-109). The satellite, which carries a telemetry beacon and a linear transponde... Read more