“Two Chinese companies, Radioddity and Baofeng, have teamed up to bring you the US$75 dual-band FM/DMR radio housed in the old UV-5R package. The video provides additional material to help understand DMR, and shows how to program the radio, and includes a sample QSO”
Baofeng RD-5R is a cooperation model and “RD” represents Radioddity, who is the only distributor to honor the manufacturer waranty. RD-5R continues the classic functions of UV-5R’s FM radio and VFO mode. Besides, it is decided to meet all your needs when using or learning DMR with the most cost-effective price. Now for the person who wants everything in one small neat package and just entering into DMR this is it!
Supports Digital & Analogue Mode：
As a radio operating under DMR system, Radioddity x Baofeng RD-5R is perfectly compatible with both digital and analogue mode. It can smoothly turn from one into the other. Radioddity X BAOFENG RD-5R can communicate with Motorola DMR Radios, it can also support DMR repeater function: both DMR Tier I and Tier II.
1. Text receiving and sending with at most 64 characters.
2. Manual programming: Support VFO Mode
3. Frequency editing under Channel mode
4. Digital Monitor Mode: support communication when frequency, time clot and color code is paired, regardless of Contact ID, RX Group list
5. Customize shortcut keys: including long-press and short-press with Side Keys. Edit shortcut keys with Programming Software.
6. FM Radio
7. LED Flashlight
8. Support analog repeaters and digital ones
9. Driver-free programming cable, plug and play
10. With SMA-Male antenna base, compatible with all SMA-Female antennas
11. Dual-standby and dual display
12. The radio has the ability to operate on GMRS, FRS and listen in on public safety. (Not in all areas)
Analog & Digital DMR Tier I & II
Battery Capacity: 1800 mAh, 7.4V 13.3W/hs
Black-and-white LCD screen with high definition
Contact ID: 256
RX Group: 64, each group has 16 contact ID
Zone: 250, each zone has 16 channels
Scan list: 250, each scan list has 32 channels
Ham Radio Hotspot “So this is a very popular question among my audience, due to my recent videos explaining some hotspots and reflectors. Hopefu... Read more
EMTRON DX-1SP General Description The NEW DX-1SP with 1200 Watts CW, 1500 Watts PEP of clean signal output is Emtron’s latest and smalles... Read more
Introducing the SteppOut Vertical High-performance 1/4-wave HF Antenna From 14 to 30 Mhz By Bill, AA4BQ
From price to performance, the SteppOut Vertical is a true 1/4-wave vertical for 20-10m and for under $50! Let’s have some fun. The end product... Read more
“Antenna Rotators” is the topic of the new (August 2) episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engine... Read more
“Hello fellow radio enthusiasts, with great excitement I would like to announce the availability of OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 as public release.... Read more