Amateur Radio Licence – Notification of Ofcom’s proposal to revoke the licence
1) This web notification of our proposal to revoke an Amateur Radio licence is addressed to the holder of any Amateur Radio Licence described in (a), (b) and (c), below. The affected licences are:
a) Any Amateur Radio Licence that was due to be revalidated between September 2012 and January 2013 respectively, both months being inclusive (“revalidated” means that, by no later than five years after the date of issue of the Licence, the licensee confirmed to Ofcom that the details set out in Section 1 of the Licence remained current and accurate);
b) Any Amateur Radio licence falling under the description in (a) above but which has not been revalidated as described in (a) above; and
c) Any Amateur Radio licence falling under the description in (b) above where the licensee has not received a letter from Ofcom, notifying the licensee that Ofcom proposes to revoke the Licence on the grounds contained in Clause 4(5) of the Licence, that is, for a breach of Clause 6(3) of the Licence.
2) We are giving you this notification by way of a notice published on Ofcom’s website because letters and/or e-mails that we have sent you in the past have been returned to us, undelivered. Despite repeated efforts, therefore, it has not been possible to contact you by post or e-mail.
3) UK Amateur Radio Licences remain valid unless surrendered by the licensee or revoked by Ofcom. The grounds on which Ofcom may revoke an Amateur Radio Licence are contained in Clause 4 of the Licence. Under Clause 4(5) we may revoke a licence if the licensee fails to revalidate it as required by Clause 6(3) of the Licence and described in paragraph 1(a) above.
4) We require licensees to revalidate, to ensure that our records are accurate (eg changes of address). Inaccurate records make the administration of Amateur Radio more difficult and costly. We must also know where stations are located, to enable us to manage the radio spectrum.
5) Our records show that you have not revalidated the Licence as required by Clause 6(3) of the Licence and described in paragraph 1(a), above. In accordance with paragraph 7 of Schedule 1 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 (“the Act”) and Clause 4(5) of the Licence, therefore, we are notifying you that we propose to revoke the Licence.
6) If Ofcom wishes to revoke a wireless telegraphy licence, it must:
- notify the licensee of the reasons for which it proposes to revoke the licence;
- specify a period in which the licensee may make representations;
- decide whether or not to revoke the licence within one month of the end of that period; and
- notify you of its decision within a week of making it.
7) We have no record that you have revalidated the Licence as required by Clause 6(3) of the Amateur Radio Licence and described in paragraph 1(a), above. We therefore believe that you are in breach of this licence condition and, for this reason, we propose to revoke the Licence, on the grounds in Clause 4((5).
8) You have until 17th November 2015 to make representations about Ofcom’s proposal to revoke the Licence. Representations should be sent to Ofcom, using one of the methods described below.
By post to:
FAO: Spectrum Licensing (Amateur)
2A Southwark Bridge Road
London SE1 9HA
By fax to 020 7981 3990
By e-mail to email@example.com
9) If you wish to keep your licence, you must revalidate it immediately. You can do this by contacting us as set out above or
By phone: 020 7981 3131
Online at: https://services.ofcom.org.uk/
10) Ofcom will consider any representations that you may make before coming to its decision and will, in accordance with Clause 4(3) of the Licence, notify you of that decision.
14th October 2015
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) just stood down from another extended session — 71 hours of continuous operation — for Hurricane Paulette and Hurricane... Read more
SteppIR Antenna This video shows the SteppIR UrbanBeam’s step-by-step assembly and installation in the tower, several hours in minutes. The Urba... Read more
Press Release #5 In about a month, the Palmyra Team will be assembling in Hawaii on the first leg of their journey to Palmyra and our excitement is gr... Read more
There are no ads, please add some
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqrznow.com%2Frevalidation-notification-of-ofcoms-proposal-to-revoke-amateur-radio-licences%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qrznow/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151