How do I apply to take a remotely-invigilated exam?
- If you are rescheduling a postponed or cancelled exam, you can follow the process below yourself
- If you are making a completely new booking you should contact your local club and ask the Exam Secretary to make the booking on your behalf. If you’re not sure of the club’s details, use our Course and Exam finder facility or an online search engine, such as Google, to help you
- We expect the initial demand for remotely-invigilated exams to be high so you must email the Exam Department first to agree a booking date and time before you submit your application form: email@example.com
- Once you have an agreed date, you can complete the application form on our website. You don’t need to sign or print the form.
- Pay for the exam via our online shop
- Once you have received confirmation of your payment, enter your receipt number in the comments section and email a copy of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are not accepting postal applications at this time
- Our usual ten-working-day notification period will apply to all new applications
In the unlikely event that you want to make a new exam booking and your local club is unable to apply for you, then you can follow the process above yourself.
We appreciate your patience during this process.
Devin, KM4ENW, asks how to ground his 2m/70cm radio in his RV. I show how to use the frame of the RV as a good counterpoise. Read more
Here we take a look at the brand new L-Band Patch antenna from RTL-SDR Blog. This antenna is designed to work with Inmarsat, Iridium and GPS signals. Read more
Comparing the Elecraft KX2 and the Icom IC-705. Which should I buy? Read more
Brand new from Wouxun is the KG-UV8H Handheld, which features a different screen than earlier models, an 8-watt output power, and a 3200mAH battery. L... Read more
Nick, KC3PWJ, has a flagpole and also a pole that holds up his VHF/UHF discone. He’d like to string a 20m dipole between the two poles, but is w... Read more
A slightly different form of hybrid is the Chameleon Emcomm II.The Emcomm II is a portable antenna, which can also be very good to use as a base stati... Read more