The PowerGenius XL is a 100% duty cycle, legal limit (1500W ICAS) 1.8-54 MHz RF amplifier intended for both amateur and government use. It incorporates a pair of modern NXP 1K5H LDMOS transistors that are individually capable of 1.5 kW thus providing plenty of headroom for lowest IMD and spurious output. Efficiency and spurious performance are also enhanced through the use of diplexed filters.
Multiple band selection methods are supported including CAT, CI-V, BCD band decode and Ethernet. When connected to a FLEX-6000 transceiver, band selection is fully automated through the Ethernet connection. Even T/R control is provided over the Ethernet connection to further minimize wiring. In addition, all amplifier status reporting including power levels, fault conditions and resets are reported to the FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceiver using the SmartSDR API. SmartSDR client interfaces such as SmartSDR for Windows, Maestro and others can display power levels and other reported statuses.
For remote operation with other HF radio exciters, an Ethernet API or friendly Windows and Android applications can control the PowerGenius XL. For contest operation, the PowerGenius XL is SO2R capable with two inputs and two outputs for two sources and antennas and the rapid band switching eliminates the need for two amplifiers. A single FLEX-6700 and PowerGenius XL comprises a complete SO2R station at half the cost of competing solutions.
The Power Genius XL amplifier will be priced competitively with specific pricing and availability announced after FCC and CE certification has been achieved. Power Genius XL will be packaged to complement FlexRadio’s FLEX-6000 Signature Series transceivers.
Amplifier Feature Highlights
- 1.8–54 MHz coverage
- Full legal power 1500W (100% duty cycle ICAS), in all modes, up to 2000W
- First ever MEffA™ system (Maximum Efficiency Algorythm) control efficiency as function of output power
- Fully SO2R capable – 70dB nominal isolation between exciter inputs
- Smart control of cooling – real time settings of drain voltage, drive and fan speed for best thermal performance
- Exceptional spurious performance using of diplexed filters for carrier and harmonics
- Ultra fast SWR protection
- Remote control with desktop application in LAN or WAN networks
- CAT, Band decoder, LAN interface for operation with other exciters
- RF Power Output: 1500W (ICAS)
- Exciter Drive Level: 50W
- Transistors: NXP 1K5H x 2
- Exciter Inputs:1 SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Outputs: SO-239 x 2
- Antenna Impedance (w/o tuner): 50 Ohm Unbalanced
- Cooling: Thermostatically controlled fans
- Height: 5″ (13 cm)
- Width: 13″ (33 cm)
- Depth: 17″ (43 cm)
- Weight: 33 lbs (15 kgs)
- Operating Temperature Range: TBD
- Input Voltage:2 90 – 250VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply: Modular internal switching
Specifications subject to change without notice.
2-Maximum RF power output achieved using 220 VAC
“So many people have started using FT-8 on HF, but they leave all the other modes to die off, like Olivia. Olivia isn’t new, but it offers... Read more
Remote Desktop screencapture of my Raspberry Pi3 monitor receiver on 40m amateurradio band with WSJTx and decoding FT8,JT65 and JT9. Receiver hardware... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzM1AUHT0w Read more
WRTC Organizing Committee is proud to announce a 2023 edition of WRTC 2023 AWARD! This is NOT WRTC 2022 Contest that will be held in Bologna in July 2023! This is a WRTC 2023 AWARD for anybody who wants to have fun in radio chasing and look... Read more