“Hello fellow radio enthusiasts,
with great excitement I would like to announce the availability of OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 as public release. This is the first release of the project in some time, and the first release since I started working on it, so I’m more than happy to bring this to you.
What’s new? Quite a lot, actually. For those that haven’t had the chance to follow the progress of the project in the past months, here’s a quick overview:
- Most of the server code has been rewritten for better flexibility, stability and performance. The project is now fully based on Python 3.
- Large parts of the frontend code have been updated or polished.
- The new core now supports multiple SDR devices simultaneously, as well as switching between multiple profiles per SDR, allowing users to navigate between multiple bands or frequencies.
- Added support for demodulation of digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN).
Added support for digital modes of the WSJT-X suite (FT8, FT4, WSPR, JT65, JT9).
- Added support for APRS.
- Added support for Pocsag.
- Bookmarks allow easy navigation between known stations.
- Background decoding can transform your receiver into an automatic reporting station, including automatic band scheduling.
- The integrated map shows digimode spots as well as APRS and YSF positions.
OpenWebRX 0.18.0 is available via the following channels:
Please check out our updated Setup Guide along with the rest of the documentation on the Wiki!
Questions, ideas, problems? Get in touch with the community at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Best regards and vy 73s
We’re so glad to see that this excellent software isn’t dead in the water and is in fact thriving. We will continue to follow the Jakob’s and the OpenWebRX communities’ future developments. If you are interested, you can follow OpenWebRX development on the OpenWebRX groups.io forum.”
Check out this custom solution for Ralph’s Icom IC-705 Read more
The Secret Government Radio Signals Read more
Students from the Crop Protection Student Association at the University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez participated in a communications practice session a... Read more
Android SDR App SDR MUST be plugged in before starting SDR++ and you MUST press refresh in the SDR source you’re using befor... Read more
Dayton Hamvention® is offering a free mobile app for smartphones and tablets to help attendees navigate the large-scale event, which runs May 20 – 22... Read more
The ACOM 2020S is a state-of-the art 1500 W heavy-duty, solid-state linear amplifier, covering all amateur bands from 1.8 to 54 MHz. It features a Rem... Read more
WiMo Antennen und Elektronik GmbH (WiMo) will be the exclusive distributor for the complete 4O3A product
Effective October 1st 2022 WiMo Antennen und Elektronik GmbH (WiMo) will be the exclusive distributor for the complete 4O3A product family, including... Read more