“Hello fellow radio enthusiasts,
with great excitement I would like to announce the availability of OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 as public release. This is the first release of the project in some time, and the first release since I started working on it, so I’m more than happy to bring this to you.
What’s new? Quite a lot, actually. For those that haven’t had the chance to follow the progress of the project in the past months, here’s a quick overview:
- Most of the server code has been rewritten for better flexibility, stability and performance. The project is now fully based on Python 3.
- Large parts of the frontend code have been updated or polished.
- The new core now supports multiple SDR devices simultaneously, as well as switching between multiple profiles per SDR, allowing users to navigate between multiple bands or frequencies.
- Added support for demodulation of digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN).
Added support for digital modes of the WSJT-X suite (FT8, FT4, WSPR, JT65, JT9).
- Added support for APRS.
- Added support for Pocsag.
- Bookmarks allow easy navigation between known stations.
- Background decoding can transform your receiver into an automatic reporting station, including automatic band scheduling.
- The integrated map shows digimode spots as well as APRS and YSF positions.
OpenWebRX 0.18.0 is available via the following channels:
Please check out our updated Setup Guide along with the rest of the documentation on the Wiki!
Questions, ideas, problems? Get in touch with the community at email@example.com!
Best regards and vy 73s
We’re so glad to see that this excellent software isn’t dead in the water and is in fact thriving. We will continue to follow the Jakob’s and the OpenWebRX communities’ future developments. If you are interested, you can follow OpenWebRX development on the OpenWebRX groups.io forum.”
Xiegu G90 (GSOC) remote head controller currently in development at the coding stage.. Read more
With one month to go before 2020 ARRL Field Day, June 27 – 28, the ARRL Programs and Services Committee (PSC) has adopted two temporary rule waivers f... Read more