“Hello fellow radio enthusiasts,
with great excitement I would like to announce the availability of OpenWebRX Version 0.18.0 as public release. This is the first release of the project in some time, and the first release since I started working on it, so I’m more than happy to bring this to you.
What’s new? Quite a lot, actually. For those that haven’t had the chance to follow the progress of the project in the past months, here’s a quick overview:
- Most of the server code has been rewritten for better flexibility, stability and performance. The project is now fully based on Python 3.
- Large parts of the frontend code have been updated or polished.
- The new core now supports multiple SDR devices simultaneously, as well as switching between multiple profiles per SDR, allowing users to navigate between multiple bands or frequencies.
- Added support for demodulation of digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, YSF, NXDN).
Added support for digital modes of the WSJT-X suite (FT8, FT4, WSPR, JT65, JT9).
- Added support for APRS.
- Added support for Pocsag.
- Bookmarks allow easy navigation between known stations.
- Background decoding can transform your receiver into an automatic reporting station, including automatic band scheduling.
- The integrated map shows digimode spots as well as APRS and YSF positions.
OpenWebRX 0.18.0 is available via the following channels:
Please check out our updated Setup Guide along with the rest of the documentation on the Wiki!
Questions, ideas, problems? Get in touch with the community at email@example.com!
Best regards and vy 73s
We’re so glad to see that this excellent software isn’t dead in the water and is in fact thriving. We will continue to follow the Jakob’s and the OpenWebRX communities’ future developments. If you are interested, you can follow OpenWebRX development on the OpenWebRX groups.io forum.”
AnyTone AT-D578UVIIIPRO Tri-Band Amateur DMR Mobile Radio with Bluetooth, GPS and BridgeCom University Want the latest and greatest DMR radio? We ar... Read more
Ofcom’s spectrum assurance team recently solved a sky-high interference case that took more than a little detective work to crack. The team were conta... Read more
The West India Zone Regional Coordinator for AMSAT-INDIA, Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP, is offering students and others the opportunity to learn about amateu... Read more
“Something you’ll stumble onto is the need to power more and more devices in your shack. This particuarly happens when you start buying mo... Read more
We are very excited to offer this new mounting solution for the Kenwood TM-D710. It will also work with Kenwood TM-D700A TM-D700E TM-D710E. There are... Read more
Built by popular demand, the DX Engineering Ladder Line Surge Protector is ready to be placed in line with your balanced feedline antenna system! For... Read more