Compatible digital radio protocols and networks
- DMR (BrandMeister, DMRplus, DMR-MARC, Phoenix, XLX, TGIF)
- D-STAR® (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX)
- System Fusion®/C4FM (FCS, YSFReflector)
- NXDN® (NXDNReflector)
- P25 (P25Reflector)
- POCSAG (DAPNET)
- APRS® messaging and location data forwarding (APRS-IS)
Supports cross modes with built-in hardware transcoding (example: talk with your D-STAR® radio on DMR, and with your DMR radio on D-STAR® networks).
See the product specifications here.
- Built-in Li-ion battery with up to 10 hours of operation (can be extended by turning on additional power saving)
- Built-in hardware transcoding* for the best voice quality in cross mode operation
- Built-in extended range Wi-Fi and radio antenna
- Built-in beeper with audible status tones
- Web-based easy and fast Quick Setup
- Call audio playback on the web interface
- No additional hardware required, works out of the box without a computer
- All accessories included you need to have the openSPOT3 up and running (USB-C cable and 120V/230V USB power supply for charging)
- Designed for 24/7 continuous use even in your vehicle with extreme fast bootup and USB power supply tolerance
- User manual available online
- 2 year warranty** with official support in email / community forum
- Web interface for configuration and monitoring
- HTTP/WebSocket API with documentation for developers
- Create your own private radio network using our open source server application
* The list of cross modes which are using the hardware transcoder can be found here.
** The internal battery has one year long warranty period.
Icom is allowing the download of 3D data of the exterior case of the IC-705 HF/VHF/UHF Mobile Transceiver allowing customers to create their own relat... Read more
“I met Mary at the Huntsville hamfest showing SwapMyRigs.com with her Father AE4S. This is a unique product that allows you to remote your ham r... Read more
Modernization of multi-kilowatt RF communication and data transmission systems is pushing the requirements of what traditional vacuum electron devices... Read more
This is an educational presentation I gave on setting up a solar system for use with amateur radio. It goes into the components necessary and talks on... Read more
“Our amateur radio club provides health and welfare communications for the participants of the Wausau Marathon. This year I was the ‘bike... Read more
Checking out the SunSDR2 Pro by Expert Electronics, a full DUC/DDC HF/VHF software defined radio that will please even the most demanding ham radio op... Read more
The Yaesu FT5D is IPX7 rated. What that means is it should be capable of being fully submerged in water at 3 feet for 30 minutes. I just had to test i... Read more