ARRL is inviting nominations for awards that recognize educational and technological pursuits in amateur radio. Nominations are also open for the League’s premier award to honor a young licensee.
- The Hiram Percy Maxim Award recognizes a radio amateur and ARRL member younger than age 21, whose accomplishments and contributions are of the most exemplary nature within the framework of amateur radio activities. Nominations for this award are made through ARRL Section Managers, who will forward nominations to ARRL Headquarters. The deadline is March 31, 2020.
- The ARRL Herb S. Brier Instructor of the Year Award honors an ARRL volunteer amateur radio instructor or ARRL professional classroom teacher who uses creative instructional approaches and reflects the highest values of the amateur radio community. The award highlights quality of and commitment to licensing instruction. Nominations are due by March 16, 2020.
- The ARRL Microwave Development Award pays tribute to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who contribute to the development of the amateur radio microwave bands. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2020.
- The ARRL Technical Service Award recognizes an individual radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who provide amateur radio technical assistance or training. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2020.
- The ARRL Technical Innovation Award is conferred on an individual radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who develop and apply new technical ideas or techniques in amateur radio. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2020.
- The Knight Distinguished Service Award recognizes exceptional contributions by a Section Manager to the health and vitality of ARRL. The nomination deadline is April 30, 2020.
The ARRL Board of Directors selects award recipients, and winners are typically announced following the Board’s July meeting. More information about these awards on the ARRL website, or contact Steve Ewald, WV1X, telephone (860) 594-0265.
You asked for it, here it is: a live A/B test of the Wolf River Coil vs the Chameleon CHA-LEFS End Fed Half Wave antenna. Which will win in this Parks... Read more
The Chameleon CHA-MPAS 2.0 just might be the best portable Ham Radio antenna that you can get today, due to its versatile configurations and compact s... Read more
Common Mode Current can really mess with RFI and cause interference in the shack. In addition, you could also be receiving unwanted interference on th... Read more
Baofeng AR-152 VHF/UHF Ham Radio 15W Powerful 12000mAh Battery Portable Tactical Game Walkie Talkie AN /PRC-152 Two Way Radio Read more
“I’m taking a 10,000 FT look at three types of ham radio programing software. There’s so much to unpack here that a quick overview i... Read more
“The TIDRADIO bluetooth programmer application is one of the worst aplications I have had to deal with in ham radio. Its odd and makes no sense... Read more
Brand new from YAesu, dropping in October of 2021, is a new dual band Ham Radio, the FTM-6000r. This was announced today, so I wanted to get some rese... Read more
FTM-6000E – 50W transmitting power – Reception range from 108 to 999.995 MHz – New “E2O-III” user interface – Remo... Read more
Today we take a look at the Xiegu XPA125B QRP Amplifier and Auto Tuner hooked up to the Icom IC-705. This amp will work with a variety of QRP rigs inc... Read more
Brand new from Buddipole is an updated version of their solar charge controller, dubbed the PowerMini2. The POWERmini 2™ is described as a DC Power Ma... Read more
The LoRa Meshtastic T-BEAM device are small battery powered devices that will mesh with other T-BEAM and send messages and other data from your phones... Read more