“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
“You’ve seen these printed on QSO cards, but what do they mean. I’m talking about grid squares, a unique method of geolocation that is popular w... Read more
NEW ARRIVAL High Quality Mobile Car Radio WireLess Microphone Product Description 500M Wireless Mobile Radio Microphone Freely move... Read more
TDMA-Based Dual Mode: VHF 136-174MHz/ UHF400-470MHz. RD-5R has two bands 2m and 70cm. True dual time slot DMR, Tier I & II, compatible with Motoro... Read more
Ray Novak and George Thomas compare the IC-2730A to it’s predecessor, the IC-2720. Read more
TYT just released the first ever image of the upcoming TYT MD-2017 dual band DMR handheld radio. TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR Dual time slot for point to... Read more
G3TXQ 6 Band Hexbeam 40m single element add on kit Some of you may remember the 7 band Hexbeam that was in production a few years ago. Due to the comp... Read more
See Q52 20 17 15 12 10 5-band Remote Switched 2el Yagi Coverage band in 2 segments whole band whole band whole band >1.1MH... Read more
The Ultimate Contest Tribander: fourteen elements delivering superior performance on 20, 15 and 10 meters! Click here to download a PDF of the XR6 pro... Read more
This multiband vertical designs provide 9 band coverage encompassing the 6, 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40 and 80 meter bands. Cushcraft achieved a majo... Read more
The MB8 15-20 SF is a fullsize antenna for 14 MHz and 21 MHz. No traps or adapting systems where used to obtain fantastic performances and the best ba... Read more
Using a well-known circuit, I show you how to build a simple computer interface so that your logging software can send CW through your radio. The logg... Read more
ES-4 COMES AS A CONTROL UNIT AND A BASE (SWITCHING) UNIT THE BASE UNIT RECEIVES 12V POWER AND HAS ALL THE HEAVY COAXIAL CABLES CONNECTED TO IT. THER... Read more
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM – Antenna and Cable Analyzer 100 kHz to 230 MHz The analyzer is designed for measuring SWR (Standing Wave Ratio), Return... Read more
The Palstar SP30H ultimate communications speaker is a custom engineered speaker designed to match the sonic characteristics of the human voice. The... Read more
Yaesu FT-DX101D HF/50MHz 100W SDR Yaesu FT-DX101D HF/50MHz 100W SDR Reservation ** Get in line! Reserve yours today, risk free! ** This radio has NOT... Read more