“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
High power of the transmitted output 5W Specified low-power automotive operation was difficult in the transceiver, and effective in calling area expan... Read more
TYT TH9800 Take a look at the new version of the TH9800 which incorporates the 220MHz band. Read more
Specifications Covers 144-148 and 430-450 MHz transmit with 118-524 MHz (Band A) 136-524 MHz and 800-1300 MHz (Band B) less cellular receive Dual rece... Read more
The new version of the VHF handbook is available in the “Resources” section of the website and can be accessed at IARU Region 1 VHF Manage... Read more
8elm70cm+6elm144MHz Quad Details GB 8elm70cm+6elm144MHz Quad for mounting Horizontal or Vertical Turning: 1,20m (4ft) Boom:2,05m (6,7ft) Aluminium (2... Read more
One of the most asked questions when it comes to antennas is what kind of wire should I use. The answer is as varied as the people who put them up. O... Read more
“In this pictorial I’m showing you how to make a 16dBi very powerful wifi antenna for under 10 dollars. I’ve already posted a movie... Read more
This is OCF antenna also known as Windom antenna fed at 19% of one end. Current type 4:1 (200:50 Ohms) BALUN is another product designed for OCF anten... Read more
100MHz to 750MHz Log Periodic Array Description InnovAntennas design and build Log Periodic Arrays for any bandwidth and for any purpose. Our LPDA... Read more
Elecraft KX2 An 80-10 m SSB/CW/Data station that fits in your pocket! Our KX2 “stealth” transceiver can go wherever your imagination takes you. Thank... Read more
It’s been a while since I built an amp for HF; I’d have to go back to the 60’s and a pair of the venerable 3-500z tubes that I put t... Read more
Ameritron ATR-20 Antenna Tuners are versatile, high-power antenna tuners. The ATR-20’s roller inductor “T” matching network continuo... Read more
XR44COPA – Copa América 2015 Special Call celebrationof Copa América Chile 2015 Team Chilean Pacific Dx Group worked : XR44COPA 2015 CE3MMT -CE3... Read more
Vibroplex The Code Warrior Keys are uniquely serial numbered and dated. With a base measuring only 2 1/2″ by 3″, this small iambic model... Read more