“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
The newest DMR Handheld Ham Radio from Anytone is the AT-D878UVII Plus HT, which incorporates 500,000 contacts and 10,000 talkgroups into the same, gr... Read more
Icom Inc has issued preliminary details of a new D-STAR mobile radio called the ID-4100E. The radio will come with the new terminal and access point m... Read more
VHF Air Band Mobile Radio Icom’s A120 air band mobile introduces two new features: Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) and Bluetooth® capabilities. The newl... Read more
2017 Digital Replica Edition The VHF/UHF DX Book was written in the early to mid-1990s by a team of experienced VHF/UHF DXers and equipment developers... Read more
ntroducing the ComLink™ BCR FM Repeater System by BridgeCom Systems, Inc. The BCR Repeater provides a feature rich, extremely reliable repeater/base s... Read more
This video shows how easy is is to set up an end-fed HF antenna and a fiberglass pole, even in non-ideal weather. Sorry for the water on the lens; the... Read more
11 BEAM antenna elements 3 bands Frequency [Frequency]: 28, 21, 14 MHz Number of elements [Number of elements]: 28 MHz – 5 el. 21 MHz – 3... Read more
Robert P Brady, K5RPB, asks “Is an analyzer a primary purchase for building antennas or should I rely on engineering practices?” What anal... Read more
AH-521, is a halo antenna of small size but high performance. Supports an RF level between 140 and 210 W. Covers bands used between 12 and 30 M... Read more
We are with John Miller, N7JDM from Chameleon Antenna to talk about the latest offerings! Read more
The IC-R8600 is a new, advanced communication receiver with the capability of covering a huge range of radio spectrum from 10kHz to 3GHz as well as ha... Read more
Heil PR 10 Set From the amateur radio division of Heil Sound, Ltd., we bring you the Heil PR10 Package. This small but mighty microphone will bring yo... Read more
Icom are now able to provide a high quality ATEX approved PTT Headset that is approved to work with the IC-F3202DEX and F4202DEX series of ATEX radios... Read more
“In Celebration of the Season… Morse Express presents the 2014 Christmas Key Fourteenth in the popular annual series, our 2014 Christmas... Read more
BridgeCom Systems, Inc is pleased to announce the availability of the BCS-200 Speaker Mic for the amateur and commercial radio markets. Introducing th... Read more