“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Ailunce HD1 Dual Band DMR Digital DCDM TDMA Waterproof Two Way Radio Description: HD1 dual band digital radio uses Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Tier 2 S... Read more
“This will be the 4th or 5th video I have done on or about an RFinder device. This Android DMR and phone device has been my daily carry for abou... Read more
Alinco DJ-MD5T VHF/UHF 5W DMR DUal Mode Tier I/II HT Features: DMR Tier I and Tier II 1.77 inch TFT color LCD VFO/MR Switch Output Power Selection (5W... Read more
“Recently, the old VHF Ericsson handheld used for the digipeater on the ISS died and it was replaced with an equivalent UHF one. This is my firs... Read more
BF-F8HP: “BaoFeng’s Only TRI-POWER (1, 4, 8 Watt)” ExClusive Features that separate it from the UV-5R Series: It has 3 Power Levels... Read more
Introduction: Acquired in 2014 by Alpha Antenna, the S9 Antennas have been completely improved and resigned. Years of perfecting the manufacturing pro... Read more
InnovAntennas An Excellent Dual Band Yagi for 70/144MHz on a 2.4m boom and single feed point The 4-2-12 Dual Band Yagi has a total of 12 elements, 5 e... Read more
Antenna for 435MHz Skew-Planar antenna has had little attention in the amateur radio community despite being present in QST by Robert H.... Read more
Electromagnetics, the W8JK Antenna, and the “Wow!” Signal Or, “My friend, the Ohio State Professor, Dr John Kraus, W8JK” Bob HoufK7ZB Antenna enthusia... Read more
The winning article for the April 2019 QST Cover Plaque award is “A High-Power 160- and 80-Meter Transmitting Loop Antenna” by Steve Adler, VK5SFA. Th... Read more
Rotator Genius is a smart rotator controller that uses a magnetic sensor for reading azimuth. It can be controlled by a Windows or Android app. Motor... Read more
Yaesu SP-10 and SP-20 SP-10 and SP-20 On December 8, 2016, Yaesu Radio Co., Ltd. announced the external speaker “SP-10” (12,000 yen tax-ex... Read more
A2R is a switch with the capability to share one amplifier between two radios. If you have a Solid State amplifier with fast band switching, it can up... Read more
APRS Tracker/TNC With 7W Transceiver With External GPS Antenna Configuration software for Windows (STABLE firmware): APRS Voyager Configurator v1.08 (... Read more