“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
The new version of the IARU Region 1 VHF Handbook 7.50 covering VHF, UHF and Microwaves is now available for download. The handbook has chapters on Ba... Read more
BaoFeng DM-5R DMR Digital Radio VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480Mhz 2000mAH High Capacity Battery High Power/Low power 21CM Dual Band Antenna 8-Level Stepped F... Read more
Retevis RT97 Portable Mobile Analog Mode Repeater Features: 1, Customizable: The TX and RX frequencies can be customized between UHF (400-470MHZ) 2,... Read more
The TYT TH-9800 QuadBand Transmit, Twin Receive, Dual Display FM Radio Transceiver for the 10 Meter, 6 Meter, VHF 2 meter & UHF 70cm Bands! * Load... Read more
Automated Portable Station for tracking the orbit of ham satellites, meteorologic satellites and International Space Station (ISS). The transce... Read more
This tool calculates the antenna capacitance and radiation resistance of small vertical monopoles at 475 kHz. It is by no means a replacement for ante... Read more
Type number KA1-211X KA1-408X KA1-411X Gain table / size Frequency (MHz) 14-50 7-50 7-50 The total number of elements 11 Elements 8 Elements 11 Elemen... Read more
DUO 8 15-20 SF is a fullsize antenna for 14 MHz and 21 MHz. No traps or adapting systems where used to obtain fantastic performances and the best band... Read more
Introduction: Acquired in 2014 by Alpha Antenna, the S9 Antennas have been completely improved and resigned. Years of perfecting the manufacturing pro... Read more
Custom Antenna Insulator online .STL creator You can generate own insulator for 3D printing online – precisely tailored of your diameter Read more
The INRAD DMS-629 and DMS-650 microphones have been chosen by FlexRadio as the official desk microphones for use with all of our transceivers. M629 o... Read more
Generating 100 Watts of output from as little as 5 Watts of input, the Model 418 Amplifier raises the bar for reliable and effici... Read more
Ham Radio GoBox by Karl-Heinz Krawczyk “In October 2017 I fulfilled my wish to have a digital amateur radio station as compact as possible in on... Read more
See What QST Has to Offer! QST is the monthly membership journal of ARRL. Each issue is your source for equipment reviews, technical tips, projects, n... Read more
“This is a new feature that was added to my IC9700 when I decided to update the firmware. It has been out for a few months now from what I have... Read more