“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Anytone AT-3208UV Features: 5 Watts VHF 4 Watts UHF RX & TX 136-174 MHz & 400-520 MHz Can operate VFO mode & Channel mode at... Read more
The RS-RP3C gateway software which is being rolled out across the globe is now available from Icom UK. The new software has significant improvements o... Read more
IC-9700 As well as have three working demonstration units of the forthcoming IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz transceiver, Icom Inc. will be unveiling other pro... Read more
Yaesu FT-70DR C4FM FDMA / FM 144/430 MHz DUAL BAND 5W Handheld Transceiver The FT-70DR is a compact System Fusion transceiver providing both conventio... Read more
The winner of the July 2015 QST Cover Plaque award is Steve Lawrence, WB6RSE, for his article “Rebuilding a Receiving Flag Antenna for 160 Meters.” Th... Read more
XR4 is what you get when you add 6 meter coverage to the great XR3 antenna (see above) with the same single feedline and a scarcely longer 11.5... Read more
Steppir Antenna Verticals are the only true ¼ wave continuous coverage antennas available for the HF bands. The SteppIR technology has had a pr... Read more
Vertical Dipole Bravo 7K 7 band coverage: 40-30-20-17-15-12-10 manual tune 20-17-15-12-10 meters are full size setting tubing lengths High Q... Read more
*sorry about quality image 1.244,0 Eur Weight: 21 kg Read more
OM4001A General description and the advantages of the OM4001A amplifier The OM Power model OM4001A is an automatic power amplifier, designed for use o... Read more
Expert Amps 2K FA Manual See More: Link Photos: Read more
Kenwood TS-480HX / 480SAT Tailor-made for DX’ing, the new TS-480HX HF transceiver raises the bar on portable performance. Despite its com... Read more
Ultra portable antenna tower Collapsible portable antenna tower. For ham radio, cellular, light, camera, satellite, radio communications etc. FOR SALE... Read more
The MFJ-1936 is a HOT new product from MFJ for those who wish to be QUICK with their antenna set-ups! For those hams on-the-go to their next adventur... Read more