“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
The IC-V86 gives you more audio, more RF power, more coverage and more battery capacity in a compact, MIL-STD portable. With 1.5W of receive audio pow... Read more
Icom IC-DPR100-vehicle type digital simple radio of easy-to-use high output 5W only registration process. Advanced operability, new IC-DPR100 with onb... Read more
Icom UK are pleased to provide this introduction to its RMS-Net Radio Management System which integrates desktop PCs, Icom hand portables, base statio... Read more
The latest edition of the VHF Newsletter has been mailed to all on the VHF mailing list and can be found here. The new version of the VHF Handbook, 8.... Read more
What is P25? P25 is a standard for the manufacturing of interoperable digital two-way wireless communications products. Sometimes also known as Pr... Read more
by Vinod Es “Well after a long time I am back with a new project ! This is an attempt to build an Antenna rotator controller using Arduino Mega... Read more
Vertical-Array is proud to present the vertical 8-bands HF 8 “SV 8 ” antenna. The SV8 working in HF for 4-6-10-11-12-15-17-20-30-40... Read more
The new HamPack from Alex Loop looks to be an interesting product. We check it out. Magnetic Loop Read more
“Lets check out Comet Antennas at Huntsville Hamfest 2021, and talk to Mick and let him show us across their line of VHF UHF even HF mobile ante... Read more
The HobbyPCB RS-UV3 radio module is a 144/220/450 MHz FM transceiver board. The RS-UV3 is a low cost transceiver solution for Packet Radio, repeaters,... Read more
OM4001A General description and the advantages of the OM4001A amplifier The OM Power model OM4001A is an automatic power amplifier, designed for use o... Read more
MFJ Antenna Swiches MFJ-1702C MFJ-2702 MFJ-2703 MFJ-2704 MFJ-1701 MFJ-1703 MFJ-1700C Read more
The KX-QRP 2nd L👀K is an accessory for use with the Elecraft KX2 or KX3 Radios. These radios have the ability to decode RTTY, PSK and CW signals (with... Read more
Autumn/Winter 2016 CQ DX! If you had an unlimited budget, how would you outfit your Dream Station? The DX Engineering team was hanging around the radi... Read more