“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
ntroducing the ComLink™ BCR FM Repeater System by BridgeCom Systems, Inc. The BCR Repeater provides a feature rich, extremely reliable repeater/base s... Read more
International Space Station “I talked to space today! Astronaut Serena Auñón-Chancellor has made random unscheduled contacts on some of the Satu... Read more
2017 Digital Replica Edition The VHF/UHF DX Book was written in the early to mid-1990s by a team of experienced VHF/UHF DXers and equipment developers... Read more
Version 2.00 NEW FEATURES Updated the Memory Book to include eight customizable Memory Groups Updated Scan Band selection “ALL BAND” scans both... Read more
Yaesu FT-65R The Yaesu FT-65R is a rugged, lightweight and compact VHF/UHF handheld transceiver that offers up to 5W of output power along with lower... Read more
Read great article from VE3VN – 40 Meters 4-element Wire Yagi : Read more
Mobile Antenna Model 100A-HP When properly installed on your vehicle the Model 100A-HP will provide continuous coverage from 3.2 to 29 MHz with the su... Read more
Building the 6 Meter Moxon Antenna As the late spring and summer months heat up, six meters comes alive. Known as the Magic Band, the six meter band c... Read more
ACOM, Bulgaria manufactures a range of 8, 10 and 12 element HF log-periodic antennas. Their main features are: designed and produced to give top perf... Read more
The JK2040 Hawk has phenomenal performance characteristics on 20m and 40m. The 38ft boom 20m Yagi has been optimized for high gain and a good F/R with... Read more
The DX-Patrol is a Software Defined Radio (SDR) receiver with a very wide receiving frequency range. In contrast to the usual cheap USB DVB-T sticks t... Read more
Coax Cable Stripping Tools DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213LR Coax Cable Stripping Tools have been designed to properly prepare coaxial cable for use... Read more
ACOM 1500HF Easy to operate The TRI is a powerful tuning aid that, together with the automatically controlled input attenuator, helps the operator to... Read more
Allows you to read the frequency or band data from your transceiver and switch output relay(s) by the defined rules . Another feature allows you to se... Read more
“Our inflatable antenna/video towers let you quickly put up antennas and/or video packages to extend or reinforce your coverage in a range of si... Read more