“Alright. Enough jib-jab. Here are the notable changes in 0.6:
* Version 0.6 is not backwards compatible with 0.5 so you should upgrade ASAP.
* FT8Call has a new icon!
* Retransmit (|) and Alert Dialog (!) commands have been removed for a combined Reply Dialog message (>)
* You can use the Reply Dialog message to relay between stations (and automatically configure the relay path back for a return message):
* KN4CRD>J1Y>10-4 GUD BUDDY!
* But, you don’t have to…you can communicate directly with a dialog using the same command: J1Y>HOWDY!
* There’s a new “Relay via” menu item to make configuration of relays easier.
* You will no longer automatically change to a new audio frequency offset when clicking on callsigns or responding to ALLCALLs. This is now a specific action you have to take in a right click menu. The only time FT8Call should change your audio offset is to BEACON to avoid QRM.
* With that…beacons now are _forced_ to transmit between 500Hz and 1000Hz. This should further help with the QRM and busted QSOs.
* Your station will no longer reply to ALLCALL? when you have a directed callsign selected. This should help prevent those automatic replies from busting your QSO.
* You can now customize the transmit and receive text fonts and colors and the textbox background colors.
* You can also configure a sound to be played on receipt of any directed message or alert message.
* You can now customize your CQ message (default CQCQCQ). You can also send CQ QRP, CQ DX, and CQ TEST with your grid locator and compound callsign in one transmission frame.
* You can copy and paste from the text boxes!
* There’s a new QSY function on the waterfall to center your passband at a specific signal (and you can configure your rig’s center frequency, defaults to 1500Hz).
* Sending of raw APRS packets now requires an APRS-IS passcode tied to your Amateur Radio Callsign. If you don’t have one of these, email me and I’ll generate one for you.
* APRS packets now maintain a more throttled delivery into the APRS-IS network, so you should get fewer timeouts.
* Squashed a ton of bugs!
I hope you enjoy testing this new version! Almost all of these changes above came from feature requests from other operators. Your great idea could be next! Email me if there’s anything I can help with.
Jordan / KN4CRD”
Looking to download FT8Call software? The below resources originate from the FT8Call mode creator Jordan / KN4CRD himself.
Baojie BJ-218 The function of the new development menu Personalized design operation Dual Display, Dual Standby & Dual Track Mini Size, Power Sup... Read more
Baofeng UV-XR 10W High Power Baofeng UV-XR Feature： 1. IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof. 2. High power 10W 3. Up to 128 memory channels. 4. Cross band r... Read more
IC-9700 Manual Basic Manual http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-9700_ENG_Basic_0.pdf Advanced Manual: http://www.icom.co.jp/wo... Read more
High power of the transmitted output 5W Specified low-power automotive operation was difficult in the transceiver, and effective in calling area expan... Read more
“I have been alerted by several hundred emails about the launch of the new Baofeng DM-5R (I am the President of the Toronto Baofeng users group... Read more
The ULTIMAX DXTREME end-fed antenna covers from 1.0 to 54.9 MHz continuous and is rated at 2 KW (SSB) , 1.2 KW CW & RTTY. The DXtreme com... Read more
The “Big Wheel” is a horizontal polarized omni directional antenna. Usually highly directional antennas are used on VHF and UHF, which hav... Read more
“I made this doublet connector from a piece of 6mm Nylon 66 I had knocking about. Seems easy enough. I just hope the 450 ohm behaves itself and... Read more
OptiBeam OB804020 10 Element Triple Monobander 80/40/20m Bands 80 / 40 / 20 Gain (dBd) * 3,8 / 4,8 / 8,4 ... Read more
2 Meter Halo Antenna Project Background & Goals There are two previous versions of my loop antenna that were built before the antenna you see now.... Read more
InnovAntennas have launched their new trailer mast division which provides budget trailer mast solutions from stock. The photo shows the first of thei... Read more
iPortable Pro2 Equipment Rack Systems are designed for portable communications and fieldwork. Each rack includes built-in speakers! These rack systems... Read more
“In this episode, Martin M1MRB is joined by Chris Howard M0TCH, Dan Romanchik KB6NU, Martin Rothwell M0SGL, and Frank Howell K4FMH to discuss th... Read more
The INRAD DMS-629 and DMS-650 microphones have been chosen by FlexRadio as the official desk microphones for use with all of our transceivers. M629 o... Read more
Gordon West WB6NOA interviews Kenwood Chief Design Engineer Toshio Torii JA6QXW on NEW Kenwood TS-890S during Hamvention 2018. Read more