The tinySA is a small spectrum analyzer, primarily intended for 0.1MHz to 350MHz input but it has some nice other capabilities:
- Spectrum Analyzer with two inputs, high quality MF/HF/VHF input for 0.1MHZ-350MHz, lesser quality UHF input for 240MHz-960MHz.
- Switchable resolution bandpass filters for both ranges between 2.6kHz and 640kHz
- Color display showing 290 scan points covering up to the full low or high frequency range.
- Input Step attenuator from 0dB to 31dB for the MF/HF/VHF input.
- When not used as Spectrum Analyzer it can be used as Signal Generator, MF/HF/VHF sinus output between 0.1MHZ-350MHz, UHF square wave output between 240MHz-960MHz.
- A built-in calibration signal generator that is used for automatic self test and low input calibration.
- Connected to a PC via USB it becomes a PC controlled Spectrum Analyzer
- Rechargeable battery allowing a minimum of at least 2 hours portable use
- Due to the low cost and very small form factor there are certain relevant limitations.
Photo:K3RF Hy-Gains new AV-640 Patriot HF vertical is the best built, best performing and best priced multiband vertical available today. Make full us... Read more
Measure length of coax, etc. with your scope, a battery and a resistor – simple TDR Read more
Expert Electronics MB1 In this video I demonstrate how to update your Expert Electronics (SunSDR) MB1, for both software (ExpertSDR2) and firmware (as... Read more
Join Dave and Trevor discussing Ask Dave questions related to power supplies and other issues Read more
Mary Cousins, ex-W1GSC, who was the first woman in Maine to obtain an Amateur Radio license, celebrated her 108th birthday on September 20. Now a resi... Read more
Remote matching of antennas – less losses in the feed line. Designed for installation in a shack, under a shed, or in open (see mounting kit opt... Read more
Are you tired of using your keyboard or mouse for TX control? Enhance your remote experience; talk on a remote using your microphone with PTT or pound... Read more
The MK-4 Series of masts are, by far, our most portable masts for many reasons. The masts are light weight and short enough, when fully collapsed, to... Read more
Elecraft KX2 An 80-10 m SSB/CW/Data station that fits in your pocket! Our KX2 “stealth” transceiver can go wherever your imagination takes you. Thank... Read more
Image credit: Otava Tuomi. Early last year, when the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) first pushed much of the world into lockdown, one traditional... Read more
A 5-year, $9.3 million National Science Foundation (NSF) grant will allow the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) Geophysical Institute to establish... Read more
Donald de Riggs, J88CD, on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, says that on April 13, the 42nd anniversary of the 1979 eruption of the La Soufriere v... Read more
The FCC has announced that rule changes detailed in a lengthy 2019 Report and Order governing RF exposure standards go into effect on May 3, 2021. The... Read more