The tinySA is a small spectrum analyzer, primarily intended for 0.1MHz to 350MHz input but it has some nice other capabilities:
- Spectrum Analyzer with two inputs, high quality MF/HF/VHF input for 0.1MHZ-350MHz, lesser quality UHF input for 240MHz-960MHz.
- Switchable resolution bandpass filters for both ranges between 2.6kHz and 640kHz
- Color display showing 290 scan points covering up to the full low or high frequency range.
- Input Step attenuator from 0dB to 31dB for the MF/HF/VHF input.
- When not used as Spectrum Analyzer it can be used as Signal Generator, MF/HF/VHF sinus output between 0.1MHZ-350MHz, UHF square wave output between 240MHz-960MHz.
- A built-in calibration signal generator that is used for automatic self test and low input calibration.
- Connected to a PC via USB it becomes a PC controlled Spectrum Analyzer
- Rechargeable battery allowing a minimum of at least 2 hours portable use
- Due to the low cost and very small form factor there are certain relevant limitations.
As reported on Spaceweather.com, Canadian radio amateur Scott Tilley, VE7TIL, has snagged another signal from deep space. His latest conquest has been... Read more
Electromagnetics, the W8JK Antenna, and the “Wow!” Signal Or, “My friend, the Ohio State Professor, Dr John Kraus, W8JK” Bob HoufK7ZB Antenna enthusia... Read more
The 40/80/160 Meter Coil-loaded Inverted V Dipole Antenna See all details: Link Read more
Every Amateur Radio stations needs a power supply, but not all supplies are created equal. “Power Supplies” is the topic of the latest (July 20) episo... Read more
WB2REM and K5PA Win the April 2017 QST Cover Plaque Award The winning article for the April 2017 QST Cover Plaque award is “DIY Remote Radio Now” by... Read more
BaofengTech has released a model called the UV-5X3, which is a Triband HT, including the 220MHz band. Let’s take a look at this radio, see how t... Read more
ICOM IC-7300 Features Frequency: 1.8～200MHz Power Range: 30/300/3000W Input Connector: N Female Cross needle SWR and Power indications in one meter un... Read more
Finally, affordable laboratory-grade accuracy. And a whole lot more. For about fifty years, SWR/power meters haven’t really changed at all. Un... Read more
WL2XUP is an FCC Part 5 Experimental station operated by Lin Holcomb, NI4Y, in Georgia. It’s licensed to operate with up to 400 W effective radiated p... Read more
“Chinese radios have come a long way, many have impressive feature lists, but those features seem to be stuck behind programming or poorly imple... Read more
“We are sorry to announce that Icom has discontinued the IC-7851 HF All Band Transceiver. Since its launch six years ago, the IC-7851 has been I... Read more