As well as have three working demonstration units of the forthcoming IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz transceiver, Icom Inc. will be unveiling other product innovations at the Tokyo Hamfair, taking place in Ariake, Tokyo on August 25th -26th.
They will be showing:
– IC-9700 (three working demonstration units)
– RS-BA1 Version 2 (Full dual band compatible)
– IC-7610 with updated firmware for I/Q output (demonstration with HDSDR + CW skimmer + N1MM Logger+ / CTESTWIN)
– IC-R30 new firmware and RS-R30A/I remote control software for iOS and Android
– “AI Speaker” demonstration (concept only: controls radios via voice command using Amazon Alexa service)Icom Inc. has kept this information under wraps, so we don’t know too much at the moment. As soon as we have more details we will post them on all our media channels.Please note that these products are only demonstration/prototype versions, and we will confirm final product features, cost and availability as soon as we have them.
“You can now use your Yaesu FTM-100DR, FTM-400DR and the F2DR as a Wires-X hotspot (PDN) or IP radio without buying the HRI-200 or another C4FM... Read more
Part 1 of 2. Jim recommends in detail how he believes grounding should be installed in the typical Ham Radio Statio Read more
“The AnyTone AT-D878UV is a dual band analog FM and DMR (tier I and II) portable radio, it supports APRS, DMR Roaming and DPRS. This radio is de... Read more
TH-D74A KENWOOD D-STAR HT (144/220/430MHz) KENWOOD D-STAR HT (144/220/430MHz) FCC Part15B(CSR) TEST REPORT FCC ID: K44440900 This device is certified;... Read more
The French administration has renewed its attack on the Amateur Radio 144-146 MHz band ahead of a key CEPT ECC CPG meetingin Ankara, August 26-30. In... Read more
The ARRL Board of Directors, committees, and Headquarters administrative staff are continuing efforts to enhance the venerable Amateur Radio Emergency... Read more
The WIA report the FCC has issued a $39,000 + Forfeiture Order against a man from North Carolina, for intentional misuse of a local public safety radi... Read more
The 34th meeting of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL) Permanent Consultative Committee II (PCC.II) concluded a week of meetings... Read more
Following the direction of the ARRL Board of Directors, ARRL has incorporated changes to the rules for all ARRL-sponsored contests and DXCC, prohibiti... Read more