In February 24 of the current year, a new Regulation for Radio Amateurs in Uruguay enters into force.
This new rules are being updated accordingly with international regulations and developments.
Radio Club Uruguayo highlights the following improvements:
• The bands and the sub-bands are adopted according to the recently updated IARU R2 band plan.
• New bands are authorized:
o 660m from 472 to 479kHz
o 60m from 5,351.5 to 5,366.5
o 6mm from 47 to 47.2 GHz
o 4mm from 77.5 to 78 GHz
• Frequency allocation is extended on 80m from 3,500 to 4,000 kHz and on 160m from 1,800 to 2,000 kHz
• New amateur radio bands are allocated in SHF (micro waves) and reserved them for future amateur radio satellites.
• It creates the category “BEGGINER” (novices) giving new amateurs the possibility of easy access.
• Exam questionnaires have been updated, eliminating technical questions (circuits) and replacing them with current issues and operating procedures.
• It creates a training program for new radio amateurs with mandatory operational practice on 80, 40, 10 and 2 meters.
• CV and CW prefixes are now available for permanent licenses.
• The maximum emission power for the “SUPERIOR” category is set at 1500W PEP.
• The possibility of adding future digital and digital voice communications systems is left open.
• It establishes the procedures for foreigners to apply and renew their licenses.
• Reciprocal permits are maintained for non-resident foreign amateur radio.
The official text of the new Regulation (available only in Spanish) can be found in the following link: https://goo.gl/CqYYZs
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 would like to congratulate Radio Club Uruguayo for it participation in the development of this new and avant-garde set of rules
Source: IARU R2
IC-9700 Manual Basic Manual http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-9700_ENG_Basic_0.pdf Advanced Manual: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-9700_AdvancedManual_ENG_0.pdf Read more
Once again RFinder and RT Systems have partnered to kick radio programming up a notch. This tutorial will show you how to get the most o... Read more
RFinder has worked with the DMR network Brandmeister to create new usability enhancements. The new dashboard just released includes coverage maps gene... Read more