In February 24 of the current year, a new Regulation for Radio Amateurs in Uruguay enters into force.
This new rules are being updated accordingly with international regulations and developments.
Radio Club Uruguayo highlights the following improvements:
• The bands and the sub-bands are adopted according to the recently updated IARU R2 band plan.
• New bands are authorized:
o 660m from 472 to 479kHz
o 60m from 5,351.5 to 5,366.5
o 6mm from 47 to 47.2 GHz
o 4mm from 77.5 to 78 GHz
• Frequency allocation is extended on 80m from 3,500 to 4,000 kHz and on 160m from 1,800 to 2,000 kHz
• New amateur radio bands are allocated in SHF (micro waves) and reserved them for future amateur radio satellites.
• It creates the category “BEGGINER” (novices) giving new amateurs the possibility of easy access.
• Exam questionnaires have been updated, eliminating technical questions (circuits) and replacing them with current issues and operating procedures.
• It creates a training program for new radio amateurs with mandatory operational practice on 80, 40, 10 and 2 meters.
• CV and CW prefixes are now available for permanent licenses.
• The maximum emission power for the “SUPERIOR” category is set at 1500W PEP.
• The possibility of adding future digital and digital voice communications systems is left open.
• It establishes the procedures for foreigners to apply and renew their licenses.
• Reciprocal permits are maintained for non-resident foreign amateur radio.
The official text of the new Regulation (available only in Spanish) can be found in the following link: https://goo.gl/CqYYZs
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 would like to congratulate Radio Club Uruguayo for it participation in the development of this new and avant-garde set of rules
Source: IARU R2
Baofeng DM-5R DMR Digital Radio VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480Mhz 2000mAH High Capacity Battery High Power/Low power 21CM Dual Band Antenna 8-Level Stepped Frequency Selection Auto power saving function,Super-Long Standby Compatibility Of Digital... Read more