APRS Tracker/TNC With 7W Transceiver With External GPS Antenna
Device manual v1.03: English language
Built-in 38.5 dbm / 7 watt transceiver
APRS Voyager incorporates a built-in transceiver with 38.5 dbm / 7 watt power amplifier capable of transmitting and receiving APRS packets. The only thing you need to do is to connect a proper antenna to SMA connector. Output power is programable between 5 Watts and 7 Watts.
Mic-E/Base-91/Plain text position reporting
The main feature for an APRS tracker is position reporting. APRS Voyager allows you to select between three most common position reporting formats:
- Mic-E – uses both AX.25 destination address and information field for position report and is the most compact reporting method, giving the shortest packet length,
- Base-91 – second compressed method oriented to short report packet length,
- Plain text – in this method station position report is sent in human-readable plain text format,
You can also select between fixed time interval reporting which means that packets are sent every X number of seconds, and SmartBeaconing. SmartBeaconing is an algorithm which sends position reports with intervals dependent on speed and course, allowing for more accurate reporting especially in urban area. SmartBeaconing algorithm was first developed by Tony Arnerich KD7TA and Steve Bragg KA9MVA and now it is widely used by most APRS tracker devices.
Built-in Bluetooth interface
APRS Voyager integrates a built-in Bluetooth interface which can work in one of selectable modes:
- Serial console – similar to RS-232 serial console known from PLXTracker or PLXDigi, it outputs debuging information for device operation.
- KISS – allows to exchange packets with your laptop, tablet or smartphone with APRS software installed. This feature works great with APRSDroid available for Android phones and allows to plot received stations on a map. APRSDroid allows also to send and receive messages, beacons and SmartBeaconing position via APRS Voyager.
- GPS passthrough – if you have a GPS receiver connected to APRS Voyager RS-232 serial port, then you can forward NMEA stream to any other device using Bluetooth interface.
Simple alias-based APRS packet digipeater
With APRS Voyager you can do a simple alias-based APRS packet digipeating. Generally APRS tracker units should not be used as a full-featured digipeaters but with alias-based digipeater feature you can digipeat WIDE1-1 packets sent by other mobiles increasing their chance of reaching an I-Gate.
Weather station support
APRS Voyager allows you to receive weather data from compatible weather stations over RS-232 serial interface. Currently supported stations are:
- LaCrosse/Technoline WS-2300,
- LaCrosse/Technoline WS-2350,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 100,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 800,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000,
- Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100,
- Davis Vantage Pro (with RS-232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro2 (with RS-232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro Plus (with RS-232 datalogger),
- Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (with RS-232 datalogger),
External telemetry module support
You can use an additional telemetry module for reporting of voltages and electric current values of your installation. This is especially useful for monitoring of solar panel powered systems on remote sites. WXTelemetry module allows you to read 2 voltages, 2 currents and one temperature, then sends these values as APRS telemetry reports to RF.
Ziteng (Andy) Wang is a PhD student at the University of Sydney. He recently discovered an unusual radio signal coming from the direction of the Milky... Read more
ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR, in a written statement on the newly filed H.R.5378 before the US House Commerce Communications and Technology Subc... Read more
Eric demos the K4 along with its latest features. Read more
The Heil Sound Parametric Receive Audio System (PRAS) is a state-of-the-art audio system that enhances the internal audio systems of amateur radio, sh... Read more
Kenwood has upgraded their game and jumped onto the DSTAR bandwagon. This Triband HT includes the 220MHz band, and is capable of DSTAR on all 3 bands.... Read more
In this video, I will show you how I interfaced my 7100 with the Mobilinkd bluetooth TNC wireless to my PC to send emails on 144Mhz Read more
TYT MD-380 UHF 400-480MHZ Digital Radio(DMR) ■Remote kill/stun/activate ■Priority Scan ■Voice Prompt ■Complying with digital protocol ETSI TS10... Read more
Alinco FM Mobile Monoband Transceivers are the perfect choice for Amateur Radio operators. Whether you desire 10 meters, 6 meters, VHF, UHF or extende... Read more
Tytera shook the world of digital radio in 2015 with the introduction of the MD-380, a portable handheld capable of both DMR and analog operation at a... Read more
DX Hunter – The amateur radio App for DX-enthusiasts Description DX-Hunter is an application for amateur radio operators, short wave listeners a... Read more
Repeater Database “RepeaterBook – The Free Repeater Directory for the USA and Canada. Powered by the popular community database of... Read more