In this video, we take an introductory look at a newer Vector Network Analyzer, the LibreVNA. This particular model was sent to me free of charge from AURSINC in exchange for this video review.
- ✔ [FAQ] Some customers mentioned that there is no individual heatsink for LibreVNA, because it is designed to dissipate heat through the metal case itself. When it reaches to a full operation, the device will preheat up to around 60°, which is considered a normal situation and the heat won’t damage the device, but do pay attention to be temporarily away from the LibreVNA and avoiding the direct touch when it is heaten up, the heat will disappear in several minutes.
- ✔[Full S-Parameters Measurements] In the Vector network analyzer operating mode, the VNA takes all 4 S-Parameters measurements. A source signal is generated and alternately applied to the RF ports. This incoming signal at both RF ports is measured, resulting in the four S-parameters S11&S21(when signal routes to Port 1), as well as S12&S22(when signal routes to Port 2)
- ✔[Upgraded Version IMPROVED FREQUENCY ALGORITHM] Measurement range 100KHz-6GHz (previous vna analyzers are around 10KHz-3GHz), Above 3GHz, the performance decreases with increasing frequency, and the port isolation is only 50dB at 6GHz. Below 1MHz, the performance decreases with decreasing frequency, and the effective dynamic decreases to 70dB at 100kHz
- ✔[3 In 1 Device] Although the VNA hardware is not designed to be used as spectrum analyzer and signal generator, the general hardware architecture of a spectrum analyzer and signal generator are similar enough to that of a VNA to implement basic spectrum measurements and output a CW signal, which might suffice if no other equipment is available. The main differences to a real spectrum analyzer and signal generator please refer to the product description
- ✔[Comparable to Lab-grade Nano VNA] The ultra-low noise power supply design and the use of 16bit ADC, together with the precision CNC’s aluminum shielded housing, achieve up to 100dB of effective dynamics. [USB Based Full Dual-port Measurements] Using 3 ADCs to sample data simultaneously and using FPGAs for signal processing, Libre VNA handheld antenna Analyzer is capable of scanning over 10,000 points of full dual-port measurements in less than 1 second
“I have never tried a Loop RX antenna actually on the Ground! So today I tried it out for my Ham Radio station. This is the installation video a... Read more
You asked for it, here it is: a live A/B test of the Wolf River Coil vs the Chameleon CHA-LEFS End Fed Half Wave antenna. Which will win in this Parks... Read more
MEF-330-1K Multiband EFHW Antenna Transformer, Covers 8 Bands / 80-10m / 1kW-max. / NO TUNER needed / wire not included/one End Insulator inc... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abbSuqz59co Read more
Yaesu FTdx-101MP HF+50 MHz 200W Transceiver Radio enthusiasts know the iconic model number “101” which comes from the legendary and best-selling FT-10... Read more
Yaesu FT DX10 Unboxing, First Impressions and Visual Comparison to the Icom IC-7300 / FTDX10 FT-DX10
Yaesu FT DX10 Unboxing, First Impressions and Visual Comparison to the Icom IC-7300 / FTDX10 FT-DX10 Read more
Flex-6400M and Flex-6600M Read more