Today we get to this at this new TX500 QRP Radio from Lab599 in Russia. This is a slim and sleek looking QRP radio that is great for SOTA and backpacking.
The Discovery TX-500 is an ultra compact all-mode transceiver ideal for travelling and portable use.
It’s compact size and light weight means that you can take this radio with you to remarkable places while creating unforgettable experiences.
The strong case offers protection against moisture and dust, ensuring the use of TX-500 in extreme conditions. While a sharp monochrome display will allow you to clearly see the information in either bright sunshine or low light, thanks to a multi-mode backlight.
The transceiver parameters and functions will also make it possible to successfully use the unit at a Home Station or in a Mobile/Portable Environment.
Record-low current consumption in reception mode (up to 110 mA) will extend the battery life, providing the user with longer operating time between charges.
Because the TX-500 is a software-defined radio (SDR), you can expand its capabilities using computer applications. New features will be added with free firmware updates.
The TX-500 Discovery has an integrated high-performance spectrum analyzer, allowing you to see signals before you hear them.
- 160-6-meter ham bands
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 – 56.0 MHz
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal)
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 2.5A typical in transmit
- High-contrast LCD with 256*128 px
- High-performance real-time pan-adapter (48 kHz wide)
- On-line firmware updates
- Tilted feet (rear), fold up for transportation
- Ultra-Compact Size: (H*W*D): 90 mm (3.5″) * 207 mm (8.1″) * 21 mm (0.8″)
- Weight: 0.55 Kg (19.4 oz)
- Sensitivity (MDS) -136 dBm (typ. with preamp on)
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (Software Defined Radio) Applications
- Reference Oscillator Specs: Production Units Are A TCXO At 2.5 ppm
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator
- 3-band receive audio equalizer
- 4 adjustable digital filters
- Automatic notch filtering
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking
- Audio Output ext. speaker, 3W typ.
- Adjustable output, 1 to 10W PEP
- Rugged, SWR and temperature-protected final amplifier stage
- Carrier Suppression > 50 dB typ.
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 50 dB below carrier
- CW Sidetone/Transmit offset 400-1200 Hz, adjustable
- Speaker-microphone with PTT
- 3-band microphone audio equalizer
- 2 adjustable digital filters
- DSP RF speech processing for excellent ‘punch’
* Specifications apply only within ham bands except as noted. All measurements taken with 13.8 VDC supply.
- Internal CW keyer with 10-300 CPM range
- Latest Firmware Update: Now Supports 4 CW message memories.
- 100 general-purpose memories store VFOs, modes, etc.
- Computer control via USB
- Full remote-control command set (with kenwood emulates)
- One-click online firmware upgrades (with free PC software)
“In this video I present the protection measures used in my amateur radio station to be able to connect several HF radios with several antennas.... Read more
Here is a video on some micro HF dipoles i found. Under 5 ounces, and multiple versions. They work exceptionally well, and will be in my go-kit video.... Read more
Modernization of multi-kilowatt RF communication and data transmission systems is pushing the requirements of what traditional vacuum electron devices... Read more
Today we take a look at the Xiegu XPA125B QRP Amplifier and Auto Tuner hooked up to the Icom IC-705. This amp will work with a variety of QRP rigs inc... Read more