The Rover Vehicle:
A 2002 Ford Explorer
– A 6M quarter wave whip for 6M FM operation.
– A 2M 5/8 wave whip for 2M FM operation.
– A 1.25M quarter wave whip for 1.25M FM operation.
– A dual band 2M/70cm whip for 70cm FM operation
– A 6M LMN loop mounted on the rear mast at 12ft above ground for 6M SSB operation.
– A 2M/70cm LMN loop mounted facing front on the rear mast at 11 1/2ft above ground for 2M SSB operation.
– A 1.25M LMN loop mounted on the rear mast at 11ft above ground for 1.25M SSB operation.
– A 2M/70cm LMN loop mounted on the rear mast at 9 1/2ft above ground for 70cm SSB operation.
Icom IC-900 with 6M, 2M, 1.25M and 70cm modules – full time monitoring of 446.0 FM.
Kenwood TM-3550 220 MHz moble – Full time monitoring of 223.50 FM.
Kenwood TM-2550 2M moble – Full time monitoring of 146.55 and 146.58 FM.
Yaesu FT-450D – Full time 6M SSB operation
Yaesu FT-736R with 6M and 1.25M modules – Divided operation between 2M SSB and 220 SSB.
Icom IC-7000 – Divided use between 6M FM and 70cm SSB. Mostly monitored FM but at touch of button was ready for calling or sked on 70cm.
“Vacuum Tubes” is the topic of the current (February 15) episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! More than a half-mill... Read more
” Back in April we posted about some new products made by Japanese RTL-SDR experimenter and product manufacturer Nobu. Nobu’s new product... Read more
“Hello Operators. I’ve received so many questions about the solar powered Field Station, I thought It would be a good time to publish an u... Read more
BaoFeng DM-5R PLUS Transceiver Compatible with Motorola VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480Mhz 2000mAH High Capacity Battery High Power/Low power Repeater Mode Ti... Read more
RatPak VHF – Six antenna 1 kW remote switch for 2 meters VHF band without controller, N-type connectors
The Array Solutions RATPAK System – Remote VHF Antenna Switch Features Six antennas to one feed line All Aluminum WX proof and RF proof construc... Read more
“The 2015 editions of the Icom Amateur radio and D-STAR catalogues are now available to download from this website. Both catalogues have been up... Read more
TH-D74 Kenwood Industry’s first*1 portable amateur radio, supporting on both APRS and D-STAR® JVCKENWOOD will release a new high-end 144/430 MHz... Read more