DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes
The present-day DX Engineering was launched in the year 2000. To celebrate our 20th Anniversary in the year 2020 we have developed a new line of Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Introducing DX Engineering “Maxi-Core® 20” Baluns and Feedline Chokes. They reduce or eliminate currents on the outside of your feedline allowing you to hear and to be heard much better. They keep more RFI/BCI out of your antenna and receiver and transfer more of your transmitted signal to the antenna for higher efficiency, the best antenna pattern and maximum performance.
Signaling a new era of RF performance across the 1.8 to 54 MHz frequency range, DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes handle full-legal-power-plus and provide higher common mode impedance (CMI) across a greater frequency range than competing models and even previous DX Engineering and Comtek models. Years of R&D coupled with major advancements in test equipment and techniques combined with custom ferrite materials have allowed our engineering team to design the DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Chokes have high CMI across the AM Broadcast band and the HF/6M spectrum, which is essential to provide sufficient suppression of unwanted transmitted and received RFI/BCI current on the feedline shield exterior. Hear and be heard with DXE Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Choose superior performance from these models:
* DXE-MC20-1-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Current Choke Balun – For all HF-6m balanced antennas with a 50 ohm feedpoint, including resonant dipoles, loops, Yagis, beams, etc.
* DXE-MC20-FC Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Feedline Choke – This high CMI line isolator is perfect for use in line on 50 ohm coaxial feedlines, at the antenna, tower or shack end of the feedline.
* DXE-MC20-1-1T Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Current Choke Balun – This 1:1 “T” model is for force feeding antennas with a tuner. Use it at the end of ladder line of any impedance or mounted on a coax fed non-resonant antenna. This model tolerates operation at high SWR on non-resonant multi-band antennas.
* DXE-MC20-C4-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 4:1 Current Choke Balun is for use on antennas with a 200 ohm feedpoint and at the end of any impedance ladder line, especially on antenna systems with higher impedance. This model tolerates operation at high SWR on non-resonant multi-band antennas.
* DXE-MC20-V4-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 4:1 Voltage Balun is a 200 ohm to 50 ohm transformer for use on random long-wire and OCF antenna applications. This true voltage balun is intentionally designed with low CMI for antennas that need a transformer without RF choking for easier antenna tuner operation and it tolerates elevated SWR.
Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes are built into a convenient weather resistant NEMA enclosure that is mounted easily with optional brackets. They feature 1/4-20 stainless steel hardware and a high quality silver-plated PTFE dielectric SO-239 (UHF female) input connector. The SO-239 connector limits power handling to 5 kW at low SWR and reduced power at elevated SWR. These baluns and the feedline choke exhibit very low insertion loss and inherently low SWR.
Optional mounting brackets are available for use on wire antennas or for verticals, Yagi and beam antennas. See the Suggested Parts tab after clicking “More Detail” on the model of interest. Combination packages that include balun or choke and mounting bracket are also available.
The ID-52E Dual-Band D-STAR Digital Transceiver has only been available to buy for just a short time, and you may have already purchased one or be in... Read more
After this story was posted, ARRL announced that it has validated the 222-MHz WAS application of John Swiniarski, K1OR, for WAS # 13. His last contact... Read more
The EASAT-2 and Hades satellites are scheduled to launch on January 13 on a SpaceX TR-3 flight, AMSAT has reported, citing information provided by AMS... Read more
“I have never tried a Loop RX antenna actually on the Ground! So today I tried it out for my Ham Radio station. This is the installation video a... Read more
Short teaser of the on-board measurement equipment. This is by far not the final software, but it shows the hardware features we have, making life for... Read more
Solar Bright Regions Bloom & Dust Storms Build on Mars Read more
“Our Sun is popping some big flare potential this week, with no less than seven numbered regions on the Earth-facing disk (up that to nine, as o... Read more