DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes
The present-day DX Engineering was launched in the year 2000. To celebrate our 20th Anniversary in the year 2020 we have developed a new line of Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Introducing DX Engineering “Maxi-Core® 20” Baluns and Feedline Chokes. They reduce or eliminate currents on the outside of your feedline allowing you to hear and to be heard much better. They keep more RFI/BCI out of your antenna and receiver and transfer more of your transmitted signal to the antenna for higher efficiency, the best antenna pattern and maximum performance.
Signaling a new era of RF performance across the 1.8 to 54 MHz frequency range, DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes handle full-legal-power-plus and provide higher common mode impedance (CMI) across a greater frequency range than competing models and even previous DX Engineering and Comtek models. Years of R&D coupled with major advancements in test equipment and techniques combined with custom ferrite materials have allowed our engineering team to design the DX Engineering Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Chokes have high CMI across the AM Broadcast band and the HF/6M spectrum, which is essential to provide sufficient suppression of unwanted transmitted and received RFI/BCI current on the feedline shield exterior. Hear and be heard with DXE Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes.
Choose superior performance from these models:
* DXE-MC20-1-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Current Choke Balun – For all HF-6m balanced antennas with a 50 ohm feedpoint, including resonant dipoles, loops, Yagis, beams, etc.
* DXE-MC20-FC Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Feedline Choke – This high CMI line isolator is perfect for use in line on 50 ohm coaxial feedlines, at the antenna, tower or shack end of the feedline.
* DXE-MC20-1-1T Maxi-Core® 20 – 1:1 Current Choke Balun – This 1:1 “T” model is for force feeding antennas with a tuner. Use it at the end of ladder line of any impedance or mounted on a coax fed non-resonant antenna. This model tolerates operation at high SWR on non-resonant multi-band antennas.
* DXE-MC20-C4-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 4:1 Current Choke Balun is for use on antennas with a 200 ohm feedpoint and at the end of any impedance ladder line, especially on antenna systems with higher impedance. This model tolerates operation at high SWR on non-resonant multi-band antennas.
* DXE-MC20-V4-1 Maxi-Core® 20 – 4:1 Voltage Balun is a 200 ohm to 50 ohm transformer for use on random long-wire and OCF antenna applications. This true voltage balun is intentionally designed with low CMI for antennas that need a transformer without RF choking for easier antenna tuner operation and it tolerates elevated SWR.
Maxi-Core® 20 Baluns and Feedline Chokes are built into a convenient weather resistant NEMA enclosure that is mounted easily with optional brackets. They feature 1/4-20 stainless steel hardware and a high quality silver-plated PTFE dielectric SO-239 (UHF female) input connector. The SO-239 connector limits power handling to 5 kW at low SWR and reduced power at elevated SWR. These baluns and the feedline choke exhibit very low insertion loss and inherently low SWR.
Optional mounting brackets are available for use on wire antennas or for verticals, Yagi and beam antennas. See the Suggested Parts tab after clicking “More Detail” on the model of interest. Combination packages that include balun or choke and mounting bracket are also available.
Best GMRS Handheld Radio 2021 – GMRS Radio Comparison Read more
Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) and its partners are troubleshooting a failure within the on-board NA1SS amateur station in t... Read more
In 2020, a project between AMSAT-UK, AMSAT-NL, and Swiss universities got under way with the aim of equipping two Swiss satellites — for now under the... Read more
https://youtu.be/BgEtQOS8mY0 Read more
As reported on Spaceweather.com, Canadian radio amateur Scott Tilley, VE7TIL, has snagged another signal from deep space. His latest conquest has been... Read more
“Here we take a look at the Skyscan Desktop antenna with a rated frequency range of between 25 Mhz up to 2 Ghz. We test the antenna indoor and o... Read more
Icom will be releasing new firmware for our IC-705, IC-7300 and IC-9700 transceivers. The updates are planned to improve the user experience and incor... Read more
Radioddity Raddy RW3 Go-Kit-Type Radio AM/FM/WX, Phone Charger and More [Small Size But All-Purpose] Unlike other FM/AM/NOAA radios, the RW3 is a Blue... Read more
PANADAPTER For Any Radio DC – 160 MHz SDR Antenna Switch Read more
A direct hit! The #solarstorm our #Sun launched is confirmed to be Earth-directed! NASA prediction models show impact early February 23. Because Earth... Read more
A new study in the research journal Space Weather considers what might happen if a worst-case coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth — a “perfect solar... Read more
Fast Solar Wind Coming in Waves | Solar Storm Forecast 02.04.2021 Read more