Icom Inc has issued preliminary details of a new D-STAR mobile radio called the ID-4100E. The radio will come with the new terminal and access point modes that will be incorporated into its other new D-STAR handportable, the ID-51E PLUS2. The Callsign routing terminal mode feature will allow each radio to be connected like an access point to the worldwide D-STAR repeater network through the internet*.
Planned features include:
• Terminal & Access Point Mode (Optional data cable and free-download application required)
• DR (D-STAR Repeater) Function
• Full Dot-Matrix Display
• Easy-to-Read Characters and Icons
• Compact and Detachable Controller for Flexible Installation
• Bluetooth Hands-Free Operation (Optional Bluetooth unit and headset required)
• Integrated GPS and microSD Card Slot (microSD card required)
• Enhanced Remote Control Apps for Smart Devices (Optional Bluetooth unit and free-download application required)
An ID-4100E preview brochure is available to download on the side of this page. To download a high resolution version of this image, please visit our image bank at: www.icomuk.co.uk/imagebank.
Currently we do not have any details about its price or when it will be available in the UK. When we have those details, we will add them to our website and notify customers via social media and through our newsletter.
The ID-4100, born from the concept of “D-STAR is more fun and more comfortable”, corresponds to the terminal mode / access point mode for the first time with a mobile device. With this function, D – STAR communication via the Internet is possible even from locations where D – STAR repeater can not be accessed.
With the adoption of a new user interface, ID-4100 has drastically improved both operability and visibility compared with conventional models. Equipped with a DR function that allows you to easily set up calls simply by specifying the repeater and other station. In addition, the full dot display that can display kanji clearly displays letters and icons, making it easy to read information with a large amount of information such as GPS.
In addition, the controller is compact with a width of 122.5 × height 40 × depth 29.7 mm (not including protrusions), it can be removed from the main body. By installing the main body in the empty space, you can effectively utilize the space in the radio room as well as in the car and a small space.
Furthermore, with cooperation with smart devices, the range of pleasure is further broadened such as image transmission, linkage with map application, D-PRS operation, message transmission / reception, DR function setting.
In addition, hands-free operation by Bluetooth, sound recording / re-recording by microSD card, mass data storage such as GPS log, reception of various utility radio including VHF / UHF band air band, built-in GPS receiver that can grasp the distance to the destination in real time It is packed with convenient functions such as. Of course, it also supports conventional analog FM communication.
ID-4100 is a familiar mobile transceiver that meets the needs of a wide range of amateur radio operators, from beginners challenged for D-STAR operation to power users who want to relax and sit down.
· Mobile mode first terminal mode / access point mode compatible.
· Easy call setting only by designating repeater and other station by DR function.
· Kanji display realized by adopting expressive full-dot display.
– The degree of freedom of installation widens with a removable controller.
– Linking with smart devices, image transmission and interlocking with map applications are possible.
· Hands-free operation, built-in GPS receiver, sound recording by microSD card, log saving, reception of various utility radio including VHF / UHF band air band, etc. are packed with useful functions.
※ Optional data communication cable <OPC – 2350LU> and dedicated application (free download) are required for access point / terminal mode.
* In conjunction with smart devices, an optional Bluetooth unit <UT – 137> and special application (free download) are required.
※ For hands-free operation, you need the optional Bluetooth unit <UT-137> and headset <VS-3>.
<Pricing and Availability>
– suggested retail price: 56,800 yen + tax (20W type: ID-4100), 59,800 yen + tax (50W type: ID-4100D)
– Release Date: 2017 March 15 (planned)
– Estimated annual sales number: 2,500 vehicles / year
ES-4 COMES AS A CONTROL UNIT AND A BASE (SWITCHING) UNIT THE BASE UNIT RECEIVES 12V POWER AND HAS ALL THE HEAVY COAXIAL CABLES CONNECTED TO IT. THER... Read more
DESCRIPTION Rugged Portable DC Power Management System with built-in High-Efficiency Battery Charger! > High contrast OLED display > Power man... Read more
The KAT500 is a high power autotuner that can be used with both the K3/KPA500 and all other HF amplifiers and transceivers. The KAT500 uses the same... Read more
DX Engineering Universal Copper Grounding Clamps DXE-UCGC-Z DX Engineering Universal Copper Grounding Clamps are custom designed to provide a ground r... Read more