Icom’s new PoC (Push-to-Talk Over Cellular) radio system allows you to communicate with your two-way radio system over a 4G / LTE closed network. Now you can enjoy licence free nationwide coverage for your business without the use of repeaters thus reducing the cost of infrastructure and maintenance cost of a wide area radio network.
Icom’s new PoC radio system provides full duplex nationwide area communication using a 4G/ LTE closed, private network and instantaneous communication with PTT operation. The PoC radio system will fall back to a 3G network if 4G is unavailable. The closed system will operate from a private LTE mobile data network providing an extra level of security. ‘Individual calls’, ‘Group calls’ or ‘All calls’ can be made the same way as a conventional two-way radio.
The PoC radio system has been successfully deployed in Japan. The system has been running for over two years and has a huge amount of users already benefiting from the systems flexibility and ease of use. The network has proven to be extremely reliable and very robust.
The IP501H is the handset/radio that is used in Icom’s PoC solution. The IP501H is a compact and powerful radio filled with many features suitable for business users. The radio handles both simplex and full-duplex communications and, in addition, also conference calls in large groups, much like a two-way radio. IP501H is one of the market’s smallest professional radios measuring only 95 mm high and weighs only 205 grams. The radio is IPX7 waterproof and can handle 1 metre of water depth for 30 minutes.
The IP501H PoC radio is also equipped with an emergency button and emergency related features including Man Down and lone worker functions.
Icom’s new PoC radio system can be used at a business premises but has the flexibility to go out doors at a moment’s notice. This new solution will be ideal for a massive range of business sectors:
• Event companies that continuously move from site to site but don’t have the time to invest in infrastructure but need good quality radio communications, regardless of where they are.
• The security company that covers large areas and does not want to invest in infrastructure.
• Nationwide sales force that needs to be in contact with each other and head office.
• PoC (Push-to-Talk Over Cellular) is a perfect communications platform for a logistics company, providing an incredible range and a simple communication solution at reasonable cost.
• Hotel and conference centres are in many cases large, complex sites which may suffer from dropouts or dead zones with a typical radio system.
• It’s an excellent option for a sports event that covers long distances and need communication. It’s also a great solution if you plan to compete abroad.
• Traditional PMR446 users that want greater flexibility and more range.
The system will be available through the Icom authorised Business Radio dealer network with various monthly contracts available to suit differing customer requirements. Each contract will include a dedicated built-in sim card that covers the three leading UK mobile phone carriers (e.g. EE, Vodafone and O2).
If you are looking for regional or national communication scheme without the hassle or financial commitment of radio infrastructure, then the Icom PoC radio system with its great audio, full duplex communication and excellent health and safety features is your answer.
For more details about Icom’s new PoC radio system visit the dedicated web pages at http://icomuk.co.uk/LTE.
The new FTM-300DR provides stable and reliable 50W RF power output. As in recent YAESU mobile transceivers, the FTM-300DR is also equipped with a... Read more
The TH-8600 is a powerful dual band, dual display and dual standby transceiver with 20 watts of power on 400-470MHz UHF and up to 25 watts on 136-174M... Read more
Amateur Radio operators have relied on the RF-PRO-1B Active Magnetic Loop Antenna for decades. Now, it is manufactured and sold exclusively by DX Engi... Read more
A new “pre-release” version of WSJT-X now is available. This is the Amateur Radio digital software suite developed by Joe Taylor, K1JT, that includes... Read more