The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
Metropwr FX700 is a vector network analyzer 0.1/700 MHz used to measure all the parameters of an antenna. It has a large 4.3 “touch screen display and a very powerful 32 bit microprocessor that allows you to view graphics and smith diagrams. Metropwr FX700 can... Read more
- How to Attach Radials to a Radial Plate
- Comet HFJ-350M 160m-5m – Antenna Review
- Fan Dipoles
- How close can Antennas be?
- How to Build Cheap Wire Delta Loop Antenna
- Analyzing Analyzers
- 3-Band 6m DX, 2m DX, 2m FM Yagi Antenna PA50-144HV-17-3-3CB
- Do I need to Aim a Dipole?
- Keep Antennas in the Clea
- Ionopheric Propagation of Dipoles
- Receive Antennas, Contest University and Field Day
- AlexLoop HamPack
- Wimo X-Quad Antenna for 144 MHz 18010
- First Antenna Questions
- Tri-band 6 element HF Upper Bands and CB Radio Yagi Antenna 3B-222
- TN07 SFP-102 32′ Flagpole HF Ham Radio Antenna for POTA
- Chameleon CHA-RXL Stealth Receive Loop Antenna
- Antennas Vs Trees
- Review of Bilal Isotron 20m Single Band Antenna
- MAGNETIC LOOP 40M – 10M Built by 2E0ERO
Two major DXpeditions are on track to make many DXers happy campers this year. Just ahead is the KH1/KH7Z Baker Island DXpedition, which commemorates... Read more
The University of Washington’s HuskySat-1 3U CubeSat, launched November 2, 2019, is set to deploy on January 31 after the vehicle that carried it to t... Read more
Graphical Impedance Antenna Analyzer Review/Demo MFJ VNA Antenna Analyzer covers 1 to 230 MHz, 1Hz resolution. •Frequency sweep plots: SWR, Impedance,... Read more
Moonbounce The recent Market Reef OJ0B expedition resulted in 462 contacts via 2 meter Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) and meteor scatter activity with station... Read more
Earth Science Week What is hoped will be the first annual “Get Your Park ON” operating event will take place October 14 – 20, in celebration of Earth... Read more
Force12 Antennas – A super-compact dualband 7/10MHz WARC band Yagi with single feedpoint The 4-LFAR-40/30, an Excellent super-compact Du... Read more
How do I apply to take a remotely-invigilated exam? If you are rescheduling a postponed or cancelled exam, you can follow the process below yourself I... Read more