The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
Five Wire Antennas Vying for Reference Station Read more
- A Super-Duper Tiny 3D-Printed HF Radio Antenna.
- Small Garden Vertical HF Antenna Installation
- An Unusual Jpole Antenna
- CHA MPAS LITE: CHAMELEON DESIGNS A NEW QRP COMPACT PORTABLE ANTENNA SYSTEM
- How I designed the Nebula eXtreme Multiband 18m DX Commander Antenna
- The repeter antenna of the ISS
- RigExpert Stick 230 Antenna Analyzer Review & Operation
- Portable Carbon Fiber Telescopic Antenna Mast With Premium Tripod, Review/Demo
- InnovAntennas invest in Ansys
- Ham Radio EMP Kit, The Tactical Trash Can
- Wolf River Coils Ham Radio Antennas. A Deep Dive
- HF PORTABLE – CHOOSING THE RIGHT ANTENNA
- CUSHCRAFT SR-5 – 5-BD, 9EL, 10/12/15/17/20 M, 5KW
- Rotating Tower For Ham Radio 30 Feet Tall At Jim W6LG’s House And Can Be Used For Emergency Comms
- Mobile Ham Radio Installations : From Jeep Wrangler To Motorhome
- Ham Radio Antenna Project: Ham Sticks on a Motorcycle!
- 2.4 GHz Dual Feed Helix Antenna For QO100
- UltraLight Magnetic Loop Antenna – NEW Original Packaging!
- Shakesphere INFL8-HAM Inflatable Dual Band Antenna – Sota – Emergency – Portable
- SUPER VERTICAL 8 ULTRA HF 4-6-10-11*-12-15-17-20-30-4
“I am a amateur radio operator and am a member of The Hurricane Watch Net. We have been in operation for 50 years and provide support to The Nat... Read more
The California state government through an unelected official has severed ties to ham radio repeater owners throughout the state. putting countless li... Read more
Amateur Radio television Pioneer and past ARRL Central Division Director Don C. Miller, W9NTP, of Waldron, Indiana, died March 22. He was 91. A... Read more
“Dear OM’s! In the second half of july the group of HAM’s, members of Russian Robinsons Club is planing expedition to Barents... Read more
K9EID – Bob Heil To Receive Honorary Doctorate From University of Missouri – Congratulations Bob! Read Full Article: Read more