The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
- I Found & Eliminated My QRM / RFI (Radio Frequency Interference)!
- HF Antennas for Beginners: Tuesdays with Tim and Jeff
- New Product MFJ-4713
- New portable antenna from Comet Japan
- How To Make a Doublet Antenna for Ham Radio – No Talking – ASMR style
- Build your own Roll Up Slim Jim Antenna for the 2 Meter Ham Radio Band.
- New Antenna Physics Book from ARRL!
- KM4ACK End Fed Half Wave Antenna Build And Review
- Five Wire Antennas Vying for Reference Station
- A Super-Duper Tiny 3D-Printed HF Radio Antenna.
- Small Garden Vertical HF Antenna Installation
- An Unusual Jpole Antenna
- CHA MPAS LITE: CHAMELEON DESIGNS A NEW QRP COMPACT PORTABLE ANTENNA SYSTEM
- How I designed the Nebula eXtreme Multiband 18m DX Commander Antenna
- The repeter antenna of the ISS
- RigExpert Stick 230 Antenna Analyzer Review & Operation
- Portable Carbon Fiber Telescopic Antenna Mast With Premium Tripod, Review/Demo
- InnovAntennas invest in Ansys
- Ham Radio EMP Kit, The Tactical Trash Can
- Wolf River Coils Ham Radio Antennas. A Deep Dive
The Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) program is seeking proposals from schools and formal or informal educational institutions... Read more
“The Sun launched a solar storm that is now en route to Earth and expected to hit May 26. Prediction models show the impact should be sometime a... Read more
The bhi GroundBreaker audio unit isolates the grounds on your bhi DSP noise cancelling product or other ancillary equipment from those of the radio sy... Read more
Baofeng BF-UVB2 Plus Two-way Radio Handheld Walkie Talkie VHF/ UHF DUAL-BAND TWO WAY RADIO . Dual-band handheld transceiver with display func... Read more
Retevis RT87 Main feature： lIP67 dustproof and waterproof Dual band (VHF&UHF) 128 channel,25FM radio channel FM radio VOX function Scan function R... Read more
AMSAT is urging satellite enthusiasts to get their FoxTelem telemetry software up and running, in anticipation of the launch on November 14 of RadFxSa... Read more
The ARRL DXCC Department has approved for DXCC credit the unexpected P5/3Z9DX “demonstration” operation from North Korea last December. Well-traveled... Read more