The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
Antenna Tracker A self contained antenna rotator and radio controller. Natively controls Icom and Yaesu rotators and can interface with PSTRotator. No computer required! That’s right, no computer – no software, no com ports, no files. All you need is a web b... Read more
- VHQ HEX BEAM ANTENNA
- Cheap Tilt-Over Vertical Antenna
- Installed a HUGE 90m (300 feet) Receive Loop
- Measuring Balun Ratios
- Resonant Frequency of Antennas
- RX Antenna – I Installed a Loop On Ground (LOG) for Ham Radio
- GA-450 Portable Active Small Loop HF Antenna
- InnovAntennas DXR3-MKII 6 Element Tri-Band Yagi 20/15/10m
- Tuning the Buddistick Pro Antenna
- RigExpert Stick Pro | Best Portable Antenna Analyzer
- Do antenna tuners help with shortwave listening?
- GRA-ULT01 Lightweight Portable Antenna Mast Mount Tripod Tower UHF SO239 Connector
- 5-Band Frame Anetnna – How to Made
- Comet announce the release of the HF multi-band mini GP UHV-10
- What’s the best antenna for in the attic?
- DIY $4 QRP Multiband Endfed ultra simple + lightweight 40/20/10 (30/17/12)
- Deep Dive Into The RigExpert AA-2000 ZOOM Antenna Analyzer, SWR/TDR/Cable Loss And MORE
- Baluns VS Antennas : What’s best for What?
- Switching Rigs Instead of Antennas
- Overview of the Chameleon MPAS 2.0 [ 6M – 160M ]
World Amateur Radio Day (WARD) on Tuesday, April 18, will mark the 92nd anniversary of the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU), and radio amateur... Read more
High Performance, Ultra-Rugged 30m Through 10m 6 Band (With Feedpoint Mounted ATU) Vertical Dipole Under 16 Feet Tall! No Radials! Force 12... Read more
Centenary of World War I Armistice Several countries around the world have authorized the use of special call signs or prefixes to mark the centenary... Read more
New Black Retevis RT95Dual Band 200 Channels Mobile Car Radio Description: RT95 Mobile Radio has nice housing, stoutness & stability, advanced and... Read more
Adding an amp is not as straightforward as it sounds. There is much to consider, including AC power. Read more
The CloudSDR is a stand-alone, high performance 9 kHz – 1200 MHz SDR with a built-in internet server. The radio performs the tuning and d... Read more
HRD Software, LLC HRD SOFTWARE, LLC ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE OF CO-FOUNDER, RICK RUHL, W4PC TO PURSUE OTHER INTERESTS Tampa, FL; Dallas, TX; St. Paul, MN —... Read more
The Red Cross continues to request Amateur Radio volunteers to support communication at shelters housing evacuees from flooding of historic proportion... Read more
1.3 KW Solid State Fully Automatic Linear Amplifier RF SOLUTIONS is the authorised dealer for Australia/New Zealand Power: up to 1.5 KW (1.3KW typ.).... Read more