The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description Overview It will be 5 elements twin loop antenna of amateur radio 1200Mhz band for mobile. Decomposed and we try to carry. Connector will be the SMA connector. Element is also assembled easily at the time of the movement are adapted to fasten with screws by... Read more
- 40M UltraLight QRP magnetic loop antenna + TEST [ XIEGU X5105 ]
- Resonant Antennas, HF Mobile, MFJ-1668 Screwdriver
- PST-RR55D-PRO – Ring Rotor
- Log Periodic Antennas – “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn!
- Engineering the Doublet Antenna
- The AMSAT SA 2 m / 70 cm dual-band Yagi antenna is now available
- Ground Plane Antennas [ “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast ]
- Electromagnetics, the W8JK Antenna, and the ‘Wow!’ Signal
- Fixing a brand new Cushcraft A3S beam antenna
- 2018 QST Antenna Design Competition Winners Announced
- R7AB’s 12 el 14 Mhz band yagi. Boom lenght 40m. Selfsupported tower 42 m high
- Tarheel Mobile HF Antennas – Model 200A-HP
- Hy-Gain AV-680 9 Band Vertical Update Video
- SteppIR UrbanBeam and SDA 2000 – full review (HF antenna)
- InnovAntennas 5/7 (12) element 144/70MHz Yagi (2.4m)
- 9+ BAND HEXTENNA™ FULL-SIZE HF+2M/220/440MHZ
- Bushcomm Ranger HF-2 – Portable HF Antennas
- Do You Really Need a Tower? [ ARRL PODCAST ]
- Building a 40 Meter Rotatable Dipole
- Elecraft AX1 Multi-Band Whip Antenna
The word from Santa Claus World near the North Pole in Finland is that the elves at OF9X will try remote operating to generate more contacts in North... Read more
Yaesu FTM 100DR Interface Dayton 2015 See More: Link Read more
Amateur Radio Satellites by Hans van de Groenendaaal In the early days of satellites, not many years after the launch of Sputnik One in 1965, amateur... Read more
“The Retevis RT52 may look quite familiar on the outside, it has the same dimensions and look as the Retevis’ RT3S dual band HT. In fact, just a... Read more
As now-Category 4 Hurricane Harvey bears down on his state, ARRL South Texas Section Manager Lee Cooper, W5LHC, reports that all 97 South Texas counti... Read more