The IC-A220T, Icom’s next generation 8.33kHz* air band panel mount transceiver, is now TSO / ETSO approved** and available for sale. The long awaited successor to the manufacturer’s celebrated IC-A200 provides effective radio communication in the air and features a slim stylish design, bright white display, enhanced squelch control and easy installation for pilots.
The IC-A220T has a large, bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with white key backlighting. An auto-dimmer function adjusts the OLED’s brightness for ideal daytime or night-time operation. The IC-A220T also features one-action squelch operation and automatic/manual squelch control.
The IC-A220T has the same dimensions as many previous panel mount radios such as the popular IC-A200. It can be installed into a standard panel radio slot allowing for a trouble free upgrade.
The radio features a standard D-SUB 25 connector on the rear panel. An MBA3 adaptor is available to convert to the radio card edge connector, allowing for further flexibility and ease of installation.
The IC-A220T is now available from sale from all authorised Icom Aviation Dealers with a suggested retail price of £1794.00 inc.VAT.
For further details about this new product, visit the IC-A220T Air Band Panel Mount VHF Radio Product Page.
*Further information about 8.33 kHz channel spacing
The IC-A220T meets 8.33kHz requirements for aircraft radio which will be enforceable from 1 January 2018. To find out more about these changes visit either:
**Further information about TSO/ETSO approval
1. The IC-A220T radio is TSO certified for a Class 23 (CS-23A) fixed wing aircraft – Normal Category airplane 1494 registered in the UK as of 1st Jan 2016. Following an agreement between EASA and the FAA, from the 2nd March 2016, each organisation now mutually recognises TSO/ETSO approvals for certain aircraft products, which includes VHF radio communications equipment. In Europe there is no longer a requirement for a manufacturer to separately approve a piece of equipment that holds a TSO; the equipment can be installed and used as if it has the corresponding EASA approval. Further details on the scheme are on the EASA website.
2. Click on ‘TSO Index of Articles’ for approval details and number for the IC-A220T.
Icom UK Sales: email@example.com
“The Legendary G5RV Antenna” is the topic of the new (August 15) episode of the ARRL The Doctor is In podcast. Listen…and learn! Read more
- BUILDING A DIY 2.4 GHZ HELICAL FEED FOR THE QO-100/ES’HAIL-2 SATELLITE
- 3/3 (6) element 50/70MHz Yagi (1.2m)
- JVP Antennas back to the market!
- UltraLight MLA antenna ver. 4 designed for lower HF bands.
- Antenna Polarization [ ARRL PODCAST ]
- Chameleon MPAS 2.0 Modular Portable Antenna System
- K7RL on Camano Island overlooking the Pacific
- 3 element 50MHz LFA-Q Super-Gainer Quad Style Yagi
- Vertical Antenna 8 bands trapped (10-12-15-17-20-30-40-80m) with wire radials 1/4 lambda for each one band.
- Elecraft AX1 Portable QRP Antenna for KX2 ~ Unbox Test Review
- Stringing Up Antennas – ARRL’s The Doctor Is In
- Vertical Antennas tips and tricks on this weeks Q&A Wednesday! DXE
- Portable TW Antenna
- Four-square eight directions antenna system, with dummy load power indicator and high power
- The Rigid Dual boom Quad from InnovAntennas – LFA-Q – 4el for 28MHz
- Radio interference from Solar Panels – RFI
- Improved EU1KY Antenna Analyzer CEC V0.3
- Do Dipoles Have to be Straight? [ The Doctor is In Podcast ARRL ]
- Dual-band V-UHF Quad Antennas
- Chameleon Emcomm IIIP Antenna – Antenna, Portable, 160M-10M
Romania has tentatively joined the list of countries making a band at 5 MHz available to Amateur Radio. Romanian telecommunications regulator ANCOM ha... Read more
Photo:VO1NA Amateur Radio’s two newest bands came to life on Friday the 13th. Both 630 meters (472-479 kHz) and 2200 meters (135.7-137.8 kHz) bands no... Read more
The Ministry of Culture has finalized a transition date By Lizzie Plaugic Norway will shut down FM radio in the country beginning in 2017, Radio.no re... Read more
“New understanding of electromagnetism could enable ‘antennas on a chip’ A team of researchers from the University of Cambrid... Read more
To All My Fellow Hams in Celebration of Israel 67th Independance I will be using a Special Call 4X67TT, starting Tonight at 21z Looking forward to wor... Read more
Although there are ways of messaging people with the Apple Watch — either with Siri dictation, or using pre-written responses and emojis — as far as I... Read more
The Sun’s face gets a lot more active this week with two coronal holes and two active regions rotating into Earth view. This means we get two mo... Read more