The ID-31E UHF digital D-STAR handportable provides a great jumping on point into the fabulous world of D-STAR Digital Amateur Radio. This radio will allow you to communicate digitally with other enthusiasts across the worldwide network of connected repeaters and internet gateway. Or if you prefer, you can just use it as a regular conventional analogue radio.
The radio will be programmed with the latest list of digital and analogue repeaters by the engineers at Icom UK. This will allow you to find nearby repeaters with the DV/FM repeater search function. You will also have the opportunity to share pictures and text using the RS-MS1A application. Data can be sent quicker in the DV Fast Data mode.An integrated GPS receiver shows your current location and altitude on the display, and offers location reporting and automatic reply functions in the DV mode.
The GPS log can be saved in a microSD card.When you use it outdoors the ID-31E PLUS has a robust, lightweight waterproof body, perfect for the demands of operating in poor weather conditions.Ian Lockyer, Marketing Manager of Icom UK said, ‘The ID-31E PLUS provides a great stepping on point for those interested in digital Amateur radio. So if you want to join the largest digital Amateur radio network in the world look no further than this radio.’A special black with golden trim version of the ID-31E PLUS UHF Digital Transceiver is now available from all Icom Amateur radio dealers with a retail price of £299.94 inc.VAT. This will be followed in April with a quantity of silver trim versions which will then become the main selling model.
UHF D-STAR Digital Transceiver
The ID-31E PLUS UHF digital D-STAR handportable provides a great jumping on point into the fabulous world of D-STAR Digital Amateur Radio. This radio will allow you to communicate digitally with other enthusiasts across the worldwide network of connected repeaters and internet gateway. Or if you prefer, you can just use it as a regular conventional analogue radio.
Just select the destination repeater in “To” and a nearby repeater in “From”, and you are ready to call other D-STAR stations. Minimum action required with the simple user interface and DR (D-STAR Repeater) function.
Share Pictures and Text Messages
Pictures and text messages on an Android device can be transmitted over D-STAR network using the RS-MS1A application. Data can be sent quicker in the DV Fast Data mode.
IPX7 Waterproof, Compact, Lightweight and Tough
With Icom’s pioneering IPX7 waterproofing and pro-grade construction, the ID-31E PLUS is perfect for your shack or playing in harsh outdoor environments.
D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
The D-STAR (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) DV mode is the world’s leading amateur radio digital format. The ID-31E PLUS makes D-STAR calls with digital clarity through a worldwide connected repeater network, or over an Internet gateway, as well as conventional FM calls.
DV/FM Repeater Search Function
The DV/FM near repeater search function assists you in accessing nearby repeaters, even in areas you are visiting for the first time. This function searches for nearby repeaters using the repeater memories with GPS position information. * To use the near repeater search function, the exact position data of the repeater is required. The ID-31E PLUS will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories preprogrammed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be entered or exact.
Integrated GPS Receiver
Shows your current location and altitude on display, and offers location reporting and automatic reply functions in the DV mode. GPS log can be saved in a microSD card.
Access Point Mode
The Access Point mode enables another D-STAR transceiver to make D-STAR gateway calls through an ID-31E PLUS connected to the Internet.
By connecting the ID-31E PL
US to the Internet through a Windows® PC or Android™ device, the Terminal mode enables you to use a D-STAR repeater to make D-STAR gateway calls.
Note for the terminal mode and Access point mode
• Before operating in the Terminal mode or the Access Point mode, BE SURE to check your local regulations or laws. • An optional free download software, RS-MS3W is required to be installed in a PC. An optional free download application, RS-MS3A is required to be installed in the Android™ device. • You need an Internet connection with an IPv4 Global IP address. If you use a cellular system, you need an IPv4 Global IP address assigned to your Windows® or Android™ device. • When operating in the Access Point mode, you need two call signs. One for the Access Point transceiver and one for the Remote D-STAR transceiver. • For the Access point or Terminal mode operation, you must register your MY and Access point call signs with a Gateway repeater/server that has the RS-RP3C installed.
• Voice Recorder function
• Transmit and repeat voice memory (60 sec. × 1 memory.)
• 200 GPS memory channels (including altitude data)
• CI-V commands added, such as the GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
• GPS transmitting mode and low-speed data communication can be used at the same time (DV mode)
• GPS data output
• Call sign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
• Enhanced D-PRS functions
• Skip settings for scanning
• Direct transmission of DTMF code
• 5 W maximum output power and five selectable transmit power levels
• A total of 1302 memory channels, including 750 D-STAR repeater memories
• Speech function announces frequency, mode and call sign
• microSD card slot
About 5 years ago, M2 Antenna Systems introduced a high power solid state amplifier for 6 meters (model 6M-1000) capable of a full kilowatt of output.... Read more
BaoFeng DM-5R DMR Digital Radio VHF/UHF 136-174/400-480Mhz 2000mAH High Capacity Battery High Power/Low power 21CM Dual Band Antenna 8-Level Stepped F... Read more
Yaesu FTM-100DR Item Description Dual Band Analog/Digital Mobile Transceiver Detailed Description FTM-100DR 2M/70 cm Dual-Band C4... Read more
Yaesu FTM-3207DR and FT-2980R will be available late summer / early fall! Yaesu FT-2980R 80W FM 2M Mobile Transceiver As its model name suggests, the... Read more
Best GMRS Handheld Radio 2021 – GMRS Radio Comparison Read more
JK Mid-Tri-40 2 Elements on 40M / 3 Elements on 20M/ 4 Elements on 15M / 5 Elements on 10M / 26 Foot Boom
The JK Mid-Tri has been designed for Hams looking for a Mid level, cost effective but high quality Tribander antenna. This Tri-Bander’s... Read more
FT8 is a mode in the WSJT-X software developed by Dr Joe Taylor K1JT. In this video I show how to get started and make contacts with FT8, introduction... Read more
“Dear WSJT-X and MAP65 Users, We are pleased to announce that a public Release Candidate WSJT-X 2.5.0-rc4 is now ready for download by beta testers. O... Read more