Icom has released a firmware update for the IC-7850/IC-7851 HF Amateur Radio transceivers. Also released is a related update to the RS-BA1 version 2 software (version 2.40).
Changes from the previous version include:
• Spectrum scope has been improved.
• Scroll mode that seamlessly changes the displayed scope range, depending on the operating frequency, has been added.
• A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE is selected has been added.
• The number of FIX EDGE memories has been expanded to four.
• The Reference level is independently memorised for each band.
• The Reference level of the Centre mode scope screen while transmitting is fixed at a set level independent of the user’s selection.
• The Scope function of the RS-BA1 has been improved.
Other improvements include:
• The transceiver’s settings have been retained after updating the firmware (not when reverting to an older version).
• While operating in Data mode, the Receive Tone Control is deactivated.
• The default setting of the CI-V USB Port is changed to “Unlink from [REMOTE].”
You can download this firmware by following this link: IC-7850/IC-7851 Firmware Update (Version 1.40).
More detailed information about the Firmware update can be downloaded here: IC-7850/IC-7851 Version 1.40 Firmware information.
RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40)
This software update can be downloaded by following this link: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40).
The update supports the improved Scope function in the IC-7610 with firmware version 1.30 and IC-7850/IC-7851 with firmware version 1.40
Please note to follow the instructions carefully when performing these updates.
Cushcraft The Cushcraft R6000 is a 6 through 20 meter, no ground radial antenna. It includes manyof the features of the R8, R7 and R5 antennas.... Read more
Compatible digital radio protocols and networks DMR (BrandMeister, DMRplus, DMR-MARC, Phoenix, XLX, TGIF) D-STAR® (DCS, REF/DPlus, XRF/DExtra, XLX) Sy... Read more
“This video took me a few months to put together while testing it in different environments and locations. Today we are looking at the HamBuilde... Read more