Icom has released a firmware update for the IC-7850/IC-7851 HF Amateur Radio transceivers. Also released is a related update to the RS-BA1 version 2 software (version 2.40).
Changes from the previous version include:
• Spectrum scope has been improved.
• Scroll mode that seamlessly changes the displayed scope range, depending on the operating frequency, has been added.
• A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE is selected has been added.
• The number of FIX EDGE memories has been expanded to four.
• The Reference level is independently memorised for each band.
• The Reference level of the Centre mode scope screen while transmitting is fixed at a set level independent of the user’s selection.
• The Scope function of the RS-BA1 has been improved.
Other improvements include:
• The transceiver’s settings have been retained after updating the firmware (not when reverting to an older version).
• While operating in Data mode, the Receive Tone Control is deactivated.
• The default setting of the CI-V USB Port is changed to “Unlink from [REMOTE].”
You can download this firmware by following this link: IC-7850/IC-7851 Firmware Update (Version 1.40).
More detailed information about the Firmware update can be downloaded here: IC-7850/IC-7851 Version 1.40 Firmware information.
RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40)
This software update can be downloaded by following this link: RS-BA1 Version 2 Control software (Version 2.40).
The update supports the improved Scope function in the IC-7610 with firmware version 1.30 and IC-7850/IC-7851 with firmware version 1.40
Please note to follow the instructions carefully when performing these updates.
“Not long ago I purchased the Cha Hybrid-Mini from Chameleon Antennas. This is the 500 watt SSB and 250w for CW version and just a bit larger th... Read more
UB640 – VL1-3 Frequency range : 7 – 50 Mhz (50 Mhz it requires kit optional) 3 elements yagi : 6-10-12-15-17-20 meters 1 elements... Read more
Different tools for different applications. The Doctor explains the differences. Read more
Description RT82 is a dual band DMR radio Frequency band:136-174 & 400-480MHz 10000 Contacts IP67 Waterproof Use Time-Division Multiple-Acces... Read more
“Many in the prepper community believe that the inexpensive Chinese radios like the Baofeng UV5R handhelds are sufficient for emergency or disas... Read more
The IC-R8600 is a new, advanced communication receiver with the capability of covering a huge range of radio spectrum from 10kHz to 3GHz as well as ha... Read more
This kit has been designed by David Bowman G0MRF and contains all the parts required to drive a PA on 2.4 GHz for QO-100. The completed board will hav... Read more