“We announced the release information of IC-9700 today.
IC-9700 is the RF DIRECT SAMPLING METHOD (144/430 Mhz Belt) with high rating in HF Transceiver IC-7610 / IC-7300, a real-time spectrum scope that can be grasp at a glance at the situation within the band, For the first time as a VHF / UHF Amateur Radio Machine, a waterfall display that can be confirmed in the time series. The 1200 Mhz Belt is also standard equipped.
Please visit the link below for the release date or the desired retail price and details.
For more information, please check:
◎Icom Inc. Releases IC-9700, Supreme VHF/UHF Base Station Amateur Transceiver, including the 1200 MHz Band
Icom Inc. will begin selling the IC-9700, 144, 430, 1200 MHz all mode transceiver in January 2019 in Japan. Delivery times may vary, depending on the country or region.
Icom Inc. (Headquarters: Hirano, Osaka, Japan/President: Masataka Harima) will begin selling the IC-9700, 144, 430, 1200 MHz all mode transceiver in January 2019 in Japan. Delivery times may vary, depending on the country or region.
The IC-9700 is the first VHF/UHF transceiver introducing the RF direct sampling system for the 144 and 430 MHz bands, a real-time spectrum scope and waterfall function. The RF direct sampling system has achieved a high evaluation in Icom’s IC-7610 and IC-7300 HF transceivers, and the spectrum scope and water fall function have been indispensable tools to increase QSO opportunities, without missing weak signals. The radio has various features, such as a built-in 1200 MHz band, 4.3 inch TFT color touch screen display, full duplex with Dualwatch on separate bands, Satellite mode, D-STAR DV (Digital Voice) /DD (Digital Data) modes and Terminal/Access point modes. In addition, a newly designed power amplifier and cooling system provides stable and high-efficiency operation, even when continuously transmitting for a long time.
The IC-9700 is the perfect side-by-side companion to the IC-7300 HF radio. They are the same size and have almost identical ergonomics. Using the IC-9700 and IC-7300 creates an ideal, compact radio station covering the HF, 144, 430 and 1200 MHz bands. The IC-9700 is the one and only VHF/UHF all mode transceiver that enables a variety of VHF/UHF operation, like DX, contests, satellite/EME and D-STAR.
- RF direct sampling system (144 and 430 MHz bands)
- Triband (144, 430 and built in 1200 MHz bands) and all modes, including AM and DV/DD
- High-speed real-time spectrum scope and waterfall function
- Large 4.3 inch TFT color touch screen display
- Full duplex with Dualwatch on separate bands
- Satellite operation friendly functions
- D-STAR DV (Digital Voice) and DD (Digital Data) modes
- Receives and demodulates two signals simultaneously in the D-STAR DV mode
- Built-in gateway function application for Terminal/Access point modes
- Newly designed power amplifier providing stable and high-efficiency operation
|Item name||144 MHz + 430 MHz + 1200 MHz <SSB / CW / RTTY / AM / FM / DV / DD> |
50 W transceiver (for amateur radio)
|Suggested retail price||188,000 yen + tax|
|Release date||Scheduled to be released in January 2019|
|Estimated number of units to sell||5,000 vehicles / year (domestic and overseas)|
Icom Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Osaka-shi Hirano Ward, president: Masataka Harima) will release the 144/430/1200 MHz all mode transceiver IC-9700 for amateur radio in January 2019.
The IC-9700 is an RF direct sampling method (144/430 MHz band) which has been highly evaluated by HF transceiver IC-7610 / IC-7300, real-time spectrum scope which can grasp the situation in the band at a glance, We adopted the waterfall indication that can be confirmed by the series for the first time as a VHF / UHF amateur radio. In addition, 1200 MHz band is standard equipment.
4.3 inch large TFT display corresponding to touch operation, simultaneous reception of two waves in different band / different modes, full duplex, dedicated satellite mode, DV (digital voice) / DD (digital data) mode of D – STAR ® , recent topic Terminal mode / access point mode etc, various functions are implemented. In addition, the newly designed power amplifier and cooling structure allow stable operation even when used for a long time.
Since the operation system and user interface inherit the equivalent of the IC – 7300, by aligning IC – 9700 and IC – 7300, it is possible to operate from HF to the 1200 MHz band in lineup. IC-9700 with innovative spec and sophisticated operability unique to V / UHF dedicated machine. DX, contest, satellite / EME communication, 1200MHz band, D-STAR ® , such as the world of V / UHF, broadly, is the industry’s one and only all mode transceiver commitment pulled to the VHF / UHF, which can be enjoyed deeply.
- Adopted RF direct sampling method aged by HF machine (144/430 MHz band).
- In addition to the 144/430 MHz band, 1200 MHz band is standard equipment as standard. It corresponds to all mode including AM, DV / DD.
- V / UHF machine first, high-speed real-time spectrum scope & waterfall display realized.
- Equipped with a 4.3-inch large TFT display compatible with touch operation.
- Supports 2 wave simultaneous reception (different band / different mode), full duplex operation.
- Satellite mode with easy operation is installed.
- It corresponds to D-STAR ® DV (digital voice) and DD (digital data) mode.
- It corresponds to simultaneous reception of two waves in DV mode.
- Built-in gateway function equivalent to RS-MS 3 A / RS-MS 3 W Operation is unnecessary with no application required.
- Newly designed power amplifier that realizes high efficiency, stable output, energy saving.
The third public test of FT8 DXpedition Mode on May 5 is being called a success. The goal of the exercise was to simulate a rare DXpedition pileup on... Read more
The unmatched integration of four different functions: Cutting – insulation stripping – twisting – crimping. The quick reloading of connector sleeves... Read more
Introducing the W8AMZ 80–6m OCF / Windom Multi-Band Antenna using a 4:1 Balun and rated for 2 KW. The SWR is generally below 1.5:1 on 6, 10, 20, 40... Read more