Download and execute the package file wsjtx-2.0.0-win32.exe, following these instructions:
- Install WSJT-X into its own directory, for example
C:\WSJTXor ` C:\WSJT\WSJTX`, rather than the conventional location
C:\Program Files (x86)\WSJTX.
- All program files relating to WSJT-X will be stored in the chosen installation directory and its subdirectories.
- Logs and other writeable files will normally be found in the directory
|Your computer may be configured so that this directory is “invisible”. It’s there, however, and accessible. An alternative (shortcut) directory name is |
- The built-in Windows facility for time synchronization is usually not adequate. We recommend the program Meinberg NTP (see Network Time Protocol Setup for downloading and installation instructions) or Dimension 4 from Thinking Man Software. Recent versions of Windows 10 are now shipped with a more capable Internet time synchronization service that is suitable if configured appropriately.
- From this version onward WSJT-X requires the OpenSSLlibraries to be installed. Suitable libraries may already be installed on your system, if they are not you will see this error shortly after startup. To fix this you need to install the OpenSSL libraries.
- You can download a suitable OpenSSL package for fromWindows OpenSSL Packages, you need the latest Win32 v1.0.2 Lite version (Note it is the Win32 package even if you are using a 64-bit Windows operating system) which at the time of writing was Win32 OpenSSL Lite Package.
- Install the package and accept the default options, including the option to copy the OpenSSL DLLs to the Windows system directory (this is important).
|If you still get the same network error after installing the OpenSSL libraries then you also need to install the Microsoft VC++ 2013 Redistributable component. From the download page select |
|If you cannot install the OpenSSL libraries or do not have an Internet connection on the computer used to run WSJT-X 2.0, you can download the LoTW file manually. Go tohttps://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-user-activity.csv in a web browser, download the file, then move it to the WSJT-X log files directory. This directory can be opened by selectingFile | Open log directory.|
- WSJT-X expects your sound card to do its raw sampling at 48000 Hz. To ensure that this will be so when running under recent versions of Windows, open the system’s Sound control panel and select in turn the Recording and Playback tabs. Click on Properties, then Advanced, and select 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). Switch of all audio enhancement features for these devices.
- You can uninstall WSJT-X by clicking its Uninstall link in the Windows Start menu, or by using Uninstall a Program on the Windows Control Panel Programs and Features option or in Settings Apps on Windows 10.
KIRKLAND, Wash. (May 2017) – Adventure awaits with the new Icom ID-4100A VHF/UHF Dual Band Transceiver. A compact and smart design, this is the perfec... Read more
Radioddity GD-55 Plus UHF 400-480MHz Waterproof DMR Digital Radio,10W with 2800mAh Battery Mototrbo Dual Time Slot (Tier I&II)
Brief introduction for Radioddity GD-55 Plus, A Practical DMR GD-55 Plus Differentiating Factors 10W High Power IP-67 Waterproofed Mototrbo Tie... Read more
“You’ve seen these printed on QSO cards, but what do they mean. I’m talking about grid squares, a unique method of geolocation that is popular w... Read more
“Howdy Folks, I’m excited to bring you the next development version of FT8Call, version 0.5, and boy do I have some fun stuff included i... Read more
ColibriDDC Receiver: This small-size receiver is intended to receive signals covering the HF frequency band 0.09MHz to 55MHz, and also (wit... Read more
These tests show that the signal strength of a local station can be many tens of decibels weaker than from a DX station. For the last several years I... Read more