HDSDR is a freeware Software Defined Radio (SDR) program for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
Typical applications are Radio listening, Ham Radio, SWL, Radio Astronomy, NDB-hunting and Spectrum analysis.
HDSDR (former WinradHD) is an advanced version of Winrad, written by Alberto di Bene (I2PHD).
- separate large spectrum and waterfall display for input and output signals
- RF & AF spectrum and waterfall is optically zoomed to fit window width independently of FFT resolution bandwidth (RBW)
- flexible and efficient usage of the screen area from 640×480 (Netbooks) up to unlimited
- extreme low-speed waterfall – helpful for pattern noise detection or short wave condition monitoring
- AM, ECSS, FM, SSB and CW demodulation
- basic transmit (TX) functionality in modes SSB, AM, FM & CW
- I/Q modulated signal pair for the TX input signal (Microphone) is produced on the TX output
- squelch, noise reduction, noise blanker, adjustable band pass filter, anti-alias filter
- automatic notch filter and up to 10 manual adjustable notch filters
- record and playback RF, IF and AF WAV files with recording scheduler
- Frequency Manager for Eibi, Ham Bands, Radio Bands, User frequency lists
- DDE client for Ham Radio Deluxe, Orbitron, WXtrack, SatPC32 and Wisp (Howto)
- Omni-Rig support (CAT) to control additional hardware
- support for various hardware through Alberto’s (I2PHD) ExtIO DLL interface
- ExtIO frequency options for IF-Adapter, Upconverter, Downconverter, Undersampling and calibration
- All HDSDR program options can be stored and loaded per “profile”, to ease use of different receivers
- autocorrelation and cepstrum display for demodulated audio
- command line options “-as”(auto start), -fs” (full screen)
“-swapsw” (swap spectrum/waterfall display), “-p profilename” (profiles)
stable Version 2.70 (November 01, 2013).
beta Version 2.75 (November 01, 2016).
Devin, KM4ENW, asks how to ground his 2m/70cm radio in his RV. I show how to use the frame of the RV as a good counterpoise. Read more
RFinder has worked with the DMR network Brandmeister to create new usability enhancements. The new dashboard just released includes coverage maps gene... Read more
The ARRL Repeater Directory ® — introduced this week for 2015-2016 — has a newly launched companion app for Apple® iOS® devices. iPhone®, iPad®... Read more
Liquid-based antennas offer unique advantages over metal ones By Michelle Hampson A new antenna that uses saltwater and plastic instead of metal to sh... Read more
Space Weather picks up this week as we await some fast solar wind from a coronal hole to hit Earth. We have already felt the effects from two mini-sol... Read more