Today we would like to recognize and congratulate all the girl scouts who have earned their Radio and Wireless Technology Patch.
The patch supports the goals of the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program which are to, Discover, Connect, and Take Action.
To learn more about the program, click here: http://www.arrl.org/girl-scouts-radio-patch
Girl Scouts can learn fundamentals of radio communication and wireless technology and take action in their communities to apply communications to connect people, provide safety, and explore related careers.
- Learn the fundamentals of wireless communication
- Explore radio science through hands-on learning with Amateur Radio
- Use radio communication to talk around the world and for public service and safety
- Learn how wireless technology is used in everyday life and in careers
As part of this program, Girl Scouts will have the opportunity to learn about Amateur Radio (also known as “ham” radio) and do hands-on activities with Amateur Radio. They can also learn about broadcast radio, emergency and public service communications, and explore ways wireless technologies are used in everyday life and in the workplace.
They will be encouraged to take on activities that engage, educate, and empower them and kindle an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects and careers.
The program supports the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program by enabling the following goals for girls:
- Discover— Explore the natural world to learn about radio communications and wireless technologies.
- Connect — Use knowledge of wireless technology to understand its capabilities and its limitations. Be an informed citizen who understands how wireless technologies are regulated and used.
- Take Action— Make a difference in their communities by making friends through radio contacts, providing public service and emergency communications, and raising awareness of career opportunities.
An important first step in ham radio is figuring out how you want to power your radio station. Reagrdless if it being at home or in the field, you nee... Read more
Today we take a look at the Xiegu XPA125B QRP Amplifier and Auto Tuner hooked up to the Icom IC-705. This amp will work with a variety of QRP rigs inc... Read more
The Chameleon CHA-MPAS 2.0 just might be the best portable Ham Radio antenna that you can get today, due to its versatile configurations and compact s... Read more
Common Mode Current can really mess with RFI and cause interference in the shack. In addition, you could also be receiving unwanted interference on th... Read more
Today I go through all of the steps and pieces for building the BuddiHex Hexbeam antenna from Buddpole. This might be the best portable ham radio ante... Read more
SDR++ It’s nice to see a new cross platform program in the scene. https://github.com/AlexandreRouma/SDRPlusPlus Read more