Today we would like to recognize and congratulate all the girl scouts who have earned their Radio and Wireless Technology Patch.
The patch supports the goals of the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program which are to, Discover, Connect, and Take Action.
To learn more about the program, click here: http://www.arrl.org/girl-scouts-radio-patch
Girl Scouts can learn fundamentals of radio communication and wireless technology and take action in their communities to apply communications to connect people, provide safety, and explore related careers.
- Learn the fundamentals of wireless communication
- Explore radio science through hands-on learning with Amateur Radio
- Use radio communication to talk around the world and for public service and safety
- Learn how wireless technology is used in everyday life and in careers
As part of this program, Girl Scouts will have the opportunity to learn about Amateur Radio (also known as “ham” radio) and do hands-on activities with Amateur Radio. They can also learn about broadcast radio, emergency and public service communications, and explore ways wireless technologies are used in everyday life and in the workplace.
They will be encouraged to take on activities that engage, educate, and empower them and kindle an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects and careers.
The program supports the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program by enabling the following goals for girls:
- Discover— Explore the natural world to learn about radio communications and wireless technologies.
- Connect — Use knowledge of wireless technology to understand its capabilities and its limitations. Be an informed citizen who understands how wireless technologies are regulated and used.
- Take Action— Make a difference in their communities by making friends through radio contacts, providing public service and emergency communications, and raising awareness of career opportunities.
Switching Power Supply, 30 A At 13.8 Vdc Peak Output, Front Panel Powerpoles, Fan Cooled, Meters, 115/230 Vac Input Int. Sw., Each Read more
“This video took me a few months to put together while testing it in different environments and locations. Today we are looking at the HamBuilde... Read more
Icom has released updates for its latest range of Amateur radios. The updates are available for the IC-705, IC-7300 and IC-9700 SDR transceivers. The... Read more
X6100 is an ultra-portable shortwave transceiver. It adopts the SDR software radio platform architecture of excellent performance, which carries power... Read more
Jim Heath W6LG shows what happened to RG8X that had 1500 applied. Watch the subsequent episodes for more information about coax. Read more
“An HP model 3200B VHF Oscillator and ENI model 5100-L NMR RF Broadband Power Amplifier provide a 300 MHz signal to a half-wave dipole antenna.... Read more
“ On January 1, 2022 I will be retiring. I’ll be nearly 76 and want to spend more time at other things. EZNEC is and always has been devel... Read more
WSJT-X version 2.4.0 now is available in general release. According to co-developer Joe Taylor, K1JT, WSJT-X version 2.4.0, includes a... Read more
Icom has released a firmware update for the IC-7850/IC-7851 HF Amateur Radio transceivers. Also released is a related update to the RS-BA1 version 2 s... Read more
Win4IcomSuite is a windows control program for the Icom IC-7100, IC-7300, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850/51 and IC-9700 transceivers sup... Read more