Today we would like to recognize and congratulate all the girl scouts who have earned their Radio and Wireless Technology Patch.
The patch supports the goals of the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program which are to, Discover, Connect, and Take Action.
To learn more about the program, click here: http://www.arrl.org/girl-scouts-radio-patch
Girl Scouts can learn fundamentals of radio communication and wireless technology and take action in their communities to apply communications to connect people, provide safety, and explore related careers.
- Learn the fundamentals of wireless communication
- Explore radio science through hands-on learning with Amateur Radio
- Use radio communication to talk around the world and for public service and safety
- Learn how wireless technology is used in everyday life and in careers
As part of this program, Girl Scouts will have the opportunity to learn about Amateur Radio (also known as “ham” radio) and do hands-on activities with Amateur Radio. They can also learn about broadcast radio, emergency and public service communications, and explore ways wireless technologies are used in everyday life and in the workplace.
They will be encouraged to take on activities that engage, educate, and empower them and kindle an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects and careers.
The program supports the Girl Scout Leadership Development Program by enabling the following goals for girls:
- Discover— Explore the natural world to learn about radio communications and wireless technologies.
- Connect — Use knowledge of wireless technology to understand its capabilities and its limitations. Be an informed citizen who understands how wireless technologies are regulated and used.
- Take Action— Make a difference in their communities by making friends through radio contacts, providing public service and emergency communications, and raising awareness of career opportunities.
Skybridge Hotspot | – High Power -> 10mW – 1.3″ OLED Screen – See your contacts and connection info! – Cross-Mo... Read more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAkcmd7ixA Read more
Portable Solar Power, Samlex Foldable Solar Panel, Off-Grid Emergency Electricity The Samlex 135 watt portable solar panel with included charge contro... Read more
Northern Florida Section Emergency Coordinator Karl Martin, K4HBN, is requesting that stations not directly involved in the Amateur Radio Emergency Se... Read more
The CHA MPAS LITE is the little brother of the CHA MPAS 2.0 – the most popular Modular Portable Antenna ... Read more
eXtreme Multiband 18m DX Read more
Antenna Analyzer Read more