The RemoteTx® ham radio remote control system is an economical way to control your amateur radio station through the Internet with a phone, tablet, Mac or PC. There are 3 main parts to the solution.
- AT STATION: A Raspberry Pi 3B / 3B+ / 4B (RPi) appliance running RemoteTx software (free download) at your station connected to your radio (USB) and the Internet (ethernet). (The RPi is NOT provided by RemoteTx.)
- REMOTE CONTROL CLIENT: A mobile phone, laptop or tablet running a compatible Internet browser with broadband or LTE cellular Internet access.
- An active RemoteTx service SUBSCRIPTION linked to the operator’s call sign. This connects the radio station and the remote operator.
- Remote control (radio control, audio and power control) is achieved by opening an Internet browser and going to:
- More Details: How It Works
Compatible Control devices include:
- Apple iPhone or iPad with Safari browser (ios 11+)
- Android phones or tablets with Chrome browser
- Windows 7+ with Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser
- Apple Mac with Chrome or Safari browsers
- Chrome OS
- Conveniently operate your station with a smartphone, tablet or laptop anywhere you have Internet access.
- Both radio control and 2 way audio are integrated in an intuitive web browser app.
No additional software such as Mumble, Skype or Teamviewer is required. (See Demos)
- Plug and Play network setup. (No special firewall configuration. Works with CGN.)
- No dedicated PC required at station.
- Low cost, widely available standard hardware (Raspberry Pi that costs about $80).
- Low Internet bandwidth requirement: About 80 kbps (0.08 M) max.
Works well on a smartphone with a cellular connection.
- Radio Power Control.
- One low cost subscription for all supported radios.
- Network traffic secured with SSL encryption.
- Global network optimization. Subscription account is placed nearest to your station’s worldwide location to optimize network performance.
- CW Text Keyer (Icom 7300 / Elecraft K3 /KX2/KX3) (See Screenshots)
- Works with FT8 and digital modes. See: FT8 Guides
Flex Radio’s Power Genius – HF Amplifier Read more
Yaesu FT-450 Reviewed by Rick Lindquist, N1RL ARRL Contributing Editor The FT-450 is Yaesu’s latest entry in the HF/50 MHz transceiver field. It’s a s... Read more
DESCRIPTION Rugged Portable DC Power Management System with built-in High-Efficiency Battery Charger! > High contrast OLED display > Power manag... Read more
YAESU SMB-201 With so many diverse ways to enjoy Amateur Radio such as WIRES-X and packet operation, transceivers are now having to deal with increase... Read more
The Alpha 9500 is no ordinary linear amplifier. The Alpha 9500 is the culmination of over 40 years of design and engineering. The Alpha 9500 is an adv... Read more
Heavy Duty, Super Accurate (Under 1 Degree Resolution) Tower Mounted Ring Rotator for Rohn 45 / 55 Towers – NEW FOR 2015! o you want to g... Read more