The new FT5DR/E is a full-featured C4FM handheld transceiver with superior operability and new sophisticatedfunctions.
Even in a compact body (W62mm x D34mm x H100mm), the FT5DR/E provides reliable 5W RF power output andachieves loud 1W audio power that has been tuned for quality audio. Real Dual Band Operations (V+V, U+U, V+U,U+V) are available with two independent receivers. Large individual LED indicators for A band and B band present thestatus and communication modes (C4FM or Analog) of each band instantly. The new FT5DR/E supports simultaneousC4FM digital (C4FM/C4FM standby).
With rubber protection on the corner of the main body, the FT5DR/E has rugged and shock-resistant construction. Thewaterproof rating is IPX7. The comfortable size and form of the full-flat back body provides excellent grasp for theradio operator.
A high-resolution display highlights the frequency of the operational band. The color of the operating band frequencycan be selected from white, blue or red. Three (3) touch panel keys and seven (7) operation keys below the displayoffer intuitive operability.
The new TOUCH & GO operation is convenient in order to immediately start the communications on an often-usedfrequency. By pressing and holding the “PMG” key, the frequency of the current display is registered into PrimaryMemory Group. After registration, pressing the “PMG” key will display the receive status of the registeredfrequencies as bars on a graph (activity monitor). By simply touching the displayed bar, the user can instantly recallthat frequency. (TOUCH & GO Operation)
Band Scope function monitors in real time, up to 79 displayed channels that are centered around the current VFOfrequency. The center frequency can be tuned by the dial knob or by touching and moving the frequency of a displayedchannel bar.
The C4FM digital communication features which are already popular in the market, such as: Automatic Mode Select(AMS), Digital Group ID (DG-ID) operation, and Smart Navigation function are available with the new FT5DR/E.The FT5DR/E supports the WiRES-X Portable Digital Node Function as well. A portable digital node can be easilyset up with the new FT5DR/E, an internet connected laptop PC, and the optional SCU-39 cable kitPlus advanced features of the new FT5DR/E are: Wireless hands-free operation using the optional Bluetooth® headset(SSM-BT10); VOX function; Memory Auto Grouping (MAG); VFO Band Skip Function; Wide-range RX coveragewith continuous reception from 0.5MHz–999.99MHz (A Band) & 108MHz–580MHz (B Band); Built-in high-sensitivity 66channel GPS receiver; 1200/9600bps APRS Data modem; 2,200mAh High-Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack (SBR-14LI) asstandard; Voice Recording Function; Simultaneous AM/FM broadcast Reception while monitoring two frequencychannels; Micro SD Card Slot.
– Compact Design and Reliable 5W RF Power Output (Selectable 5W / 2.5W / 1W / 0.3W)
– High Visibility Full-Color TFT Touch panel Display (*The color of the operating frequency may be selected from White, Blue or Red.)
– Dual band Simultaneous Receive (V+V / U+U / V+U / U+V) & C4FM/C4FM Standby – Advanced C4FM Digital Mode with AMS (Automatic Mode Select), DG-ID feature and Smart Navigation
– 1W (1000mW) of loud audio power with C4FM clear and crisp audio quality – Rugged Construction: Robust Rubber Protection / IPX7 Rating Water Protection
– TOUCH & GO Operation with Activity Monitor
・PMG (Primary Memory Group Activity Monitor)
・CAM (CH Activity Monitor)
– VFO Band Skip Function
– Memory Auto Grouping (MAG) Function
– High Speed Band Scope Function enables monitoring up to 79ch centered on the current VFO frequency (Selectable 79 / 39 / 19ch)
– Full-Flat back body provides excellent grasp / Quick Release Holster(SHB-26BK) Included
– Built-in 66ch High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver
– Built-in Bluetooth® unit and the VOX function support wierless and easy Hands-free operation
– WIRES-X Portable Digital Node compatible
– Dual Simultaneos AM/FM Broadcast Reception and 2-channel Monitoring
– 1200/9600bps APRS® Data Communication
– Recording Function
– Micro SD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
NooElec have recently released a new LNA + filter combo called the “SAWbird+ H1 Barebones” which significantly lowers the entry bar for ne... Read more
Pairing the Chameleon Spider or Quad with Shark Ham Sticks is a great way to get a simple multiple band antenna on the air Read more
This is the third in a series of videos following my efforts to track down a source of local QRM / Radio Interference. Following the build of a succes... Read more