The Volunteer Monitor (VM) Program is a joint initiative between ARRL and the FCC to enhance compliance in the Amateur Radio Service.
To date, Volunteer Monitors during February reported 1,762 hours monitoring the HF frequencies and 2,158 hours monitoring VHF frequencies and above. The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator issued 10 Advisory Notices. An Advisory Notice is an attempt to resolve rule violation issues informally before requesting FCC intervention.
· Operators in Holdenville, Oklahoma; Luzerne, Michigan; Miami, Florida, and Merrick, New York, received Advisories concerning operation outside their license class.
· Operators in Megalia, California; Jefferson, Georgia; and Redway, California, received Advisories concerning interference to repeater systems and HF net operations.
· An operator in Mansford, Arkansas, received an Advisory regarding failure to properly identify.
· An operator in Charlottesville, Virginia, received an Advisory concerning improper bandwidth that resulted in interference.
· A desert racing association in Odessa, Texas, received a warning about the use of amateur 2-meter frequencies for racing events.
The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator had two meetings during February with FCC Enforcement Bureau personnel. — Thanks to Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, VM Program Coordinator
XR4 is what you get when you add 6 meter coverage to the great XR3 antenna (see above) with the same single feedline and a scarcely longer 11.5... Read more
Disguised Radio Transmitter Towers Read more
The Chameleon CHA-MPAS 2.0 just might be the best portable Ham Radio antenna that you can get today, due to its versatile configurations and compact s... Read more
MFJ VNA Antenna Analyzer covers 1 to 230 MHz, 1Hz resolution. •Frequency sweep plots: SWR, Impedance, Resistance, Reactance,Phase Angle, Comple... Read more
Unboxing the lab599 Discovery TX-500 QRP transceiver! Read more
“How do we actually connect our radios to a power source? Also, should we have more than one handheld radio battery? Should we go a step further... Read more
Here we take a look at the ADSB Exchange Deluxe Dual SDR Feeder Kit for an easy installation experience. Metal case holding a Pi 4B, and two SDRs... Read more
The Secret Government Radio Signals Read more
Students from the Crop Protection Student Association at the University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez participated in a communications practice session a... Read more