The Volunteer Monitor (VM) Program is a joint initiative between ARRL and the FCC to enhance compliance in the Amateur Radio Service.
To date, Volunteer Monitors during February reported 1,762 hours monitoring the HF frequencies and 2,158 hours monitoring VHF frequencies and above. The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator issued 10 Advisory Notices. An Advisory Notice is an attempt to resolve rule violation issues informally before requesting FCC intervention.
· Operators in Holdenville, Oklahoma; Luzerne, Michigan; Miami, Florida, and Merrick, New York, received Advisories concerning operation outside their license class.
· Operators in Megalia, California; Jefferson, Georgia; and Redway, California, received Advisories concerning interference to repeater systems and HF net operations.
· An operator in Mansford, Arkansas, received an Advisory regarding failure to properly identify.
· An operator in Charlottesville, Virginia, received an Advisory concerning improper bandwidth that resulted in interference.
· A desert racing association in Odessa, Texas, received a warning about the use of amateur 2-meter frequencies for racing events.
The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator had two meetings during February with FCC Enforcement Bureau personnel. — Thanks to Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, VM Program Coordinator
A slightly different form of hybrid is the Chameleon Emcomm II.The Emcomm II is a portable antenna, which can also be very good to use as a base stati... Read more
“Today we take a look at the Mobilinkd TNC3. The TNC3 uses the KISS protocol to feed packet data to your phone or computer over bluetooth. Its a... Read more
The unmatched integration of four different functions: Cutting – insulation stripping – twisting – crimping. The quick reloading of connector sleeves... Read more
The TEN-TEC Rebel model 506 transceiver is designed with the purpose of providing Ham Radio operators a platform for developing and writing code using... Read more
“We are sorry to announce that Icom has discontinued the IC-7851 HF All Band Transceiver. Since its launch six years ago, the IC-7851 has been I... Read more
A judge in the Massachusetts Land Court has ruled that the Zoning Board of Appeals in the City of Framingham “erred” in revoking a building permit for... Read more