The Volunteer Monitor (VM) Program is a joint initiative between ARRL and the FCC to enhance compliance in the Amateur Radio Service.
To date, Volunteer Monitors during February reported 1,762 hours monitoring the HF frequencies and 2,158 hours monitoring VHF frequencies and above. The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator issued 10 Advisory Notices. An Advisory Notice is an attempt to resolve rule violation issues informally before requesting FCC intervention.
· Operators in Holdenville, Oklahoma; Luzerne, Michigan; Miami, Florida, and Merrick, New York, received Advisories concerning operation outside their license class.
· Operators in Megalia, California; Jefferson, Georgia; and Redway, California, received Advisories concerning interference to repeater systems and HF net operations.
· An operator in Mansford, Arkansas, received an Advisory regarding failure to properly identify.
· An operator in Charlottesville, Virginia, received an Advisory concerning improper bandwidth that resulted in interference.
· A desert racing association in Odessa, Texas, received a warning about the use of amateur 2-meter frequencies for racing events.
The Volunteer Monitor Coordinator had two meetings during February with FCC Enforcement Bureau personnel. — Thanks to Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, VM Program Coordinator
Ground Plane Antennas “Ground Plane Antennas” is the topic of the new (December 20) episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and l... Read more
VHF/UHF Log-Periodic Antenna Antenna, LPDA Type, VHF/UHF, 21 Elements, 50-1300 MHz, 500 W, 50 ohms, 6.66 ft. Boom Length, Type N, Female Create CLP-51... Read more
ORLANDO, Fla. — OrlaThe man has climbed the tower outside of the WKMG studios on John Young Parkway.ndo police have been called to a local TV station... Read more
Image credit: Otava Tuomi. Early last year, when the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) first pushed much of the world into lockdown, one traditional... Read more
A 5-year, $9.3 million National Science Foundation (NSF) grant will allow the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) Geophysical Institute to establish... Read more
Donald de Riggs, J88CD, on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, says that on April 13, the 42nd anniversary of the 1979 eruption of the La Soufriere v... Read more
The FCC has announced that rule changes detailed in a lengthy 2019 Report and Order governing RF exposure standards go into effect on May 3, 2021. The... Read more