In this video I’m taking a more detailed overview, showing some of the features it will do, and my overall opinion about what I think about it.
Expert Electronics MB1 PRIME (2021 Version)
The MB1 PRIME transceiver is a game-changer, it’s a transceiver and a PC in a single package. It has a classic design, developed over several decades, with the most advanced DUC/DDC SDR technologies – Direct Down Conversion (DDC) and Direct Up Conversion (DUC) and a fully-featured high-end personal computer with an Intel Core i7 processor onboard.
The main advantage of the MB1 PRIME 2021 over its predecessor has improved TX IMD3 AND all-new PC hardware:
- GIGABYTE GA-IMB370TN Industrial ITX Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-9700 3.00GHz 8-Core/8-Thread CPU (4.70GHz Turbo Freq)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
Purchase your new MB1 PRIME SDR Transceiver from GigaParts today!
- Independent RX path based on DDC(Direct Down-Conversion) architecture
- Independent TX path based on DUC(Direct Up-Conversion) architecture
- 2software RXs + SubRX for each of them (4 slices total) + independent wideband Bandscope up to 80 MHz
- ExpertSDR2 software in two styles: Desktop style and MB1 display (for integrated GUI)
- Remote controloperation, using it, you connect PTT and CW-key to the E-Coder panel. Microphone and E-Coder are connected to the remotely set up PC
- TCI interfacefor seamless connection with third-party software
- Professional TX processing moduleprovides the most advanced tuning capability for voice operation
- High-quality IPS 7″ touchscreendisplay with a 1280×800 resolution
- Supports any software applicable for Windows 10 OS
- ExtCtrlconnector to control external devices with 8 powerful keys with open collector
- COM-portfor connection of external devices, like PA, antenna switches etc.
- ALCconnector for external power amplifiers*
- Has a special XVTRconnector for VHF transverters** (SMA connector)
- 4separate programmable PTT outputs for external power amplifiers
- An opportunity to use the transceiver as a signal generator via DAC OUTconnector (SMA connector)
- An opportunity to use external filters in the middle of the RF path, using RX INand RX OUT (SMA connector)
- Monitoringdelay in CW mode is about 5-6 ms
- Input for external 10 MHz reference oscillator
- An opportunity to use the transceiver in SO2Vmode
- Full duplexor half duplex modes***
- 4 HF (UHF (SO-239) connector) and 2 VHF(N-type connector) antenna connectors
- Internal power-meter for HF and VHF bands and SWR-meter for HF band
- Recordand play on air fragments (IQ files) with a bandwidth of up to 312 kHz
- Internal ATU(Automatic Tuner Unit)
- The embedded power supply unit
* ** *** These functions are supported by the transceiver’s hardware but is not implemented in the ExpertSDR2 software. They will be supported in the future ExpertSDR2 software releases.
- Installation of digital modes software
- Installation of HAM and Contest logs
- Two CW Skimmers may be used on different bands
- The transceiver can connect to the LAN and the Internet
- Use of Internet applications (e.g., e-mail, Skype, ICQ, TV, etc.)
- Play video and audio files
- Watch TV via USB-receivers
- An opportunity to connect two external displays, keyboard, mouse
- An opportunity to connect external speakers to the PHONES jack on the front panel
- Full-function radio amateur transceiver
- Mobile contest-station
- Remote receipt point for the contests and other applications
- Spectrum analyzer with the bandwidth up to 80MHz
- Work with the external programs of digital connection types, CW Skimmer, etc.
A version of ExpertSDR2 software with adapted GUI for 7″ display was specially developed for the MB1 transceiver. At the present time software works in RX/TX mode and supports two independent receiving channels with the bandwidth up to 312 kHz. A DSP library developed by company Expert Electronics allowed improvement of receiving quality and higher the stability of the software.
“In this video I present the protection measures used in my amateur radio station to be able to connect several HF radios with several antennas.... Read more
“The Ultra Porta Paddle is a high-quality portable morse code paddle made in the USA. These paddles are a top contender for an operator to use a... Read more
TEN-TEC has created another legend within the new 539 Argonaut VI. This NEW QRP transceiver incorporates the use of TEN-TEC’s ASR design philoso... Read more
Covers More Bands than a G5RV (Shorty). Goes up Fast, Easy on Trees. All Stainless Hardware Black Marine ABS Insulator Blocks Handles a Full kW... Read more
In this video I show a article from QST magazine that is from April 1993 on how to build a 2 meter Yagi for 7 bucks. QST ARTICLE Read more
This app answers the two basic questions facing radio amateurs:- Which band shall I use ? Where shall I point my beam ? It will be of interest to an... Read more