In this video I’m taking a more detailed overview, showing some of the features it will do, and my overall opinion about what I think about it.
Expert Electronics MB1 PRIME (2021 Version)
The MB1 PRIME transceiver is a game-changer, it’s a transceiver and a PC in a single package. It has a classic design, developed over several decades, with the most advanced DUC/DDC SDR technologies – Direct Down Conversion (DDC) and Direct Up Conversion (DUC) and a fully-featured high-end personal computer with an Intel Core i7 processor onboard.
The main advantage of the MB1 PRIME 2021 over its predecessor has improved TX IMD3 AND all-new PC hardware:
- GIGABYTE GA-IMB370TN Industrial ITX Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-9700 3.00GHz 8-Core/8-Thread CPU (4.70GHz Turbo Freq)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
Purchase your new MB1 PRIME SDR Transceiver from GigaParts today!
- Independent RX path based on DDC(Direct Down-Conversion) architecture
- Independent TX path based on DUC(Direct Up-Conversion) architecture
- 2software RXs + SubRX for each of them (4 slices total) + independent wideband Bandscope up to 80 MHz
- ExpertSDR2 software in two styles: Desktop style and MB1 display (for integrated GUI)
- Remote controloperation, using it, you connect PTT and CW-key to the E-Coder panel. Microphone and E-Coder are connected to the remotely set up PC
- TCI interfacefor seamless connection with third-party software
- Professional TX processing moduleprovides the most advanced tuning capability for voice operation
- High-quality IPS 7″ touchscreendisplay with a 1280×800 resolution
- Supports any software applicable for Windows 10 OS
- ExtCtrlconnector to control external devices with 8 powerful keys with open collector
- COM-portfor connection of external devices, like PA, antenna switches etc.
- ALCconnector for external power amplifiers*
- Has a special XVTRconnector for VHF transverters** (SMA connector)
- 4separate programmable PTT outputs for external power amplifiers
- An opportunity to use the transceiver as a signal generator via DAC OUTconnector (SMA connector)
- An opportunity to use external filters in the middle of the RF path, using RX INand RX OUT (SMA connector)
- Monitoringdelay in CW mode is about 5-6 ms
- Input for external 10 MHz reference oscillator
- An opportunity to use the transceiver in SO2Vmode
- Full duplexor half duplex modes***
- 4 HF (UHF (SO-239) connector) and 2 VHF(N-type connector) antenna connectors
- Internal power-meter for HF and VHF bands and SWR-meter for HF band
- Recordand play on air fragments (IQ files) with a bandwidth of up to 312 kHz
- Internal ATU(Automatic Tuner Unit)
- The embedded power supply unit
* ** *** These functions are supported by the transceiver’s hardware but is not implemented in the ExpertSDR2 software. They will be supported in the future ExpertSDR2 software releases.
- Installation of digital modes software
- Installation of HAM and Contest logs
- Two CW Skimmers may be used on different bands
- The transceiver can connect to the LAN and the Internet
- Use of Internet applications (e.g., e-mail, Skype, ICQ, TV, etc.)
- Play video and audio files
- Watch TV via USB-receivers
- An opportunity to connect two external displays, keyboard, mouse
- An opportunity to connect external speakers to the PHONES jack on the front panel
- Full-function radio amateur transceiver
- Mobile contest-station
- Remote receipt point for the contests and other applications
- Spectrum analyzer with the bandwidth up to 80MHz
- Work with the external programs of digital connection types, CW Skimmer, etc.
A version of ExpertSDR2 software with adapted GUI for 7″ display was specially developed for the MB1 transceiver. At the present time software works in RX/TX mode and supports two independent receiving channels with the bandwidth up to 312 kHz. A DSP library developed by company Expert Electronics allowed improvement of receiving quality and higher the stability of the software.
Vintage Tech: The Simpson 260 VOM Volt-Ohm-Milliammeter family Read more
BaofengTech has released a model called the UV-5X3, which is a Triband HT, including the 220MHz band. Let’s take a look at this radio, see how t... Read more
CableKnife claims the title of the “world’s best hand held cable stripper” and looking at the prototype, I find it difficult to disagree with t... Read more
The Heil Parametric Receive Audio System Equalizer (PRAS EQ) is a state-of-the-art audio processor that enhances the internal audio systems of amateur... Read more
“This is their brand new, up and coming line of switching mode power supplies. Very quick video. But it is the only one in the world on display... Read more
ncrease your station’s receive performance with new book Receiving Antennas for the Radio Amateur by ARRL author Eric P. Nichols, KL7AJ. Althou... Read more
Get Your Ham Radio License You are only 35 questions away from getting your Ham radio license. The questions come from a pool of questions publ... Read more