Some slight mishaps have been fixed, some radials have been re-established, and it is time to double check this bad boy, with an SWR meter. Will the DX Commander met expectations?
This is for the Classic (original) version of the DX Commander vertical antenna (40m – 2m)
This comes as a KIT which includes the 10m DX Commander telescopic pole, the aluminium and UHMWPE plate set, all nuts, bolts, washers, fork connectors etc and 100m DX10 Wire on a factory packed roll.
Rated for 1,500W key-down at 14MHz for 60 seconds. This is EXACTLY the same kit as the 80m product but with 100m of wire, not 200m of wire.
This Premium version includes everything you need to build this All-Band-Vertical including new Aluminium 5251 spec ground and driven plates.
All new plastic UHMWPE plates have new hole pattern for either 3, 4 or 6 equi-distance spaced elements.
- DX Commander Pole (of course)!
- 8 x Stainless hose clamps
- 80 cms 8mm id tubing
- 10 cms glue lined shrink-wrap (for creating the little end loops for fast take-down)
- Upgraded Ground plate with SO239 and flying lead
- Upgraded (150mm) Driven Radiating Plate
- 8mm nylon guy plate (NEW! Up from 6mm and also in UHMWPE)
- 5mm Mid Spreader (optional: connect your 10m and 12m elements here)
- 5mm Upper Spreader (NEW! Up from 3mm)
- 6mm Double-Eye (NEW! Connects 30m and 40m elements. See YouTube videos) Last picture in Gallery but in “natural” inert UHMWPE material
- Stainless nuts, bolts and washers with heavy fork connectors for 6 elements and 9 radial connectors (multiple radials per connector)
- 1m black shock cord
- UV stable Carabiner systems for element
- 4mm heavy duty guy line for connecting shock cord to upper spreader
- Length of 550 Paracord for guying your mast and making up element extensions with the shock-cord
Note on DX10 Wire: Due to shortage at the UK factory that will last until Mid-January 2022, we have sourced the same wire with a slightly different higher temperature rating from the same factory in the UK. It’s not quite as soft to the touch but is the same copper stranded wire. It’s pre-tinned and the same specification other than the PVC jacket and unless you have the two wires side-by-side you will probably never have noticed. We therefore reserve the right to supply EITHER DX10 or it’s alternative which is called DX10-200Buntil end January 2022.
The DX Commander vertical system is based on the same technique as a fan dipole. Effectively a number of elements present themselves to your load and self-select and achieve efficient quarter-wave performance on all bands, according to which quarter-wave elements are installed.
“Chameleon Antennas recently updated their Modular Portable Antenna System or MPAS with the goal of it being the most versatile, high performanc... Read more
Icom Mobile Antennas AH-760, Wide Frequency Heavy-Duty Moving Coil Antenna 200W PEP SSB, 125W PEP CW/DATA 1.6MHz–29.999MHz wide frequency coverage wit... Read more
Explaining Ham Radio Antenna Baluns, UNUNs and Toroids Read more
This video, released today by AE5X shows how well the RSPduo performs up against the Flex6300: Read more
ICOM IC-705 FULL POWER With The ANKER 521 Power Station Check out Anker 521 Portable Power Station Read more