Happy DJControl compact owners, you can now use it to tune your Cloud-SDR client, a new build (#20170216) has just been released and it is shipped with DJControl support.
The DJControl compact is a very cheap device from Hercules, found on many shops (for example here) for less than 70 U$. This MIDI device is USB compatible and Cloud-SDR maps the keys and jogs to SDR control. The original idea to use this device was suggested to us by Evariste F5OEO, thanks again for this suggestion.
A PDF document is available showing how to use the device with the Cloud-SDR client. The following image is an example of what is in this PDF Manual.
Cloud-SDR client is similar to many existing SDR receiving software but comes with very specific features making it unique:
- Dual channel receiver: RXA and RXB are two totally independent receivers;
- Geographic integration: Display on map beacons, ADS-B reported airliners, known HF broadcast stations or any geo-localized information coming from the SDRNode server;
- GPS compatibility: plug a GPS receiver to your computer and track your location on the map, record signals with your position for later processing (coverage mapping etc.); display the UTC time;
- Digital Terrain Elevation: See the terrain elevation around your position, or in the direction of the antenna directly on the map (requires to download the free SRTM3 files from NASA, with 90m resolution);
- MP3 audio recording: record to mp3 the demodulated streams to reduce disk requirements;
- Chat with other users connected to the SDRNode Group: when used as a remote client for the SDRNode streaming server, you can interact with other users with messages or station spotting;
- Time-domain analysis: the MSR mode enables analysis of any sub-band and displays in real time the time domain signals of the selected spectrum portion. This sub-band can also be recorded (with geographic position if GPS is connected) and processed with provided MATLAB®.
QST Cover Plaque Award The winning article for the September 2020 QST Cover Plaque award is “Easy to Use Antenna Mast for Portable Operators” by Zach... Read more
AMSAT-OSCAR 7 (AO-7), the oldest amateur radio satellite still in operation, is nearing a return to full illumination by the sun, which should take pl... Read more
Emily YL Op M6ELM Read more
Military Auxiliary Radio System (MARS) volunteers will take part in the Department of Defense (DOD) Communications Exercise 20-4, starting on October... Read more
The FCC has granted ARRL’s request for a temporary waiver to permit amateur data transmissions at a higher symbol rate than currently permitted by sec... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) just stood down from another extended session — 71 hours of continuous operation — for Hurricane Paulette and Hurricane... Read more
The Engineering Model, the first development model, of the NANOMIRAX / CRON-1 nanosatellite carried out its environmental testing campaign at the Inte... Read more
IQ Demo Files Here you can find off air IQ recordings for you to check your SDRuno and related software settings for a variety of different situations... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) said this morning that it will continue to gather any reports from Bermuda in the wake of Hurricane Paulette, which made... Read more