Happy DJControl compact owners, you can now use it to tune your Cloud-SDR client, a new build (#20170216) has just been released and it is shipped with DJControl support.
The DJControl compact is a very cheap device from Hercules, found on many shops (for example here) for less than 70 U$. This MIDI device is USB compatible and Cloud-SDR maps the keys and jogs to SDR control. The original idea to use this device was suggested to us by Evariste F5OEO, thanks again for this suggestion.
A PDF document is available showing how to use the device with the Cloud-SDR client. The following image is an example of what is in this PDF Manual.
Cloud-SDR client is similar to many existing SDR receiving software but comes with very specific features making it unique:
- Dual channel receiver: RXA and RXB are two totally independent receivers;
- Geographic integration: Display on map beacons, ADS-B reported airliners, known HF broadcast stations or any geo-localized information coming from the SDRNode server;
- GPS compatibility: plug a GPS receiver to your computer and track your location on the map, record signals with your position for later processing (coverage mapping etc.); display the UTC time;
- Digital Terrain Elevation: See the terrain elevation around your position, or in the direction of the antenna directly on the map (requires to download the free SRTM3 files from NASA, with 90m resolution);
- MP3 audio recording: record to mp3 the demodulated streams to reduce disk requirements;
- Chat with other users connected to the SDRNode Group: when used as a remote client for the SDRNode streaming server, you can interact with other users with messages or station spotting;
- Time-domain analysis: the MSR mode enables analysis of any sub-band and displays in real time the time domain signals of the selected spectrum portion. This sub-band can also be recorded (with geographic position if GPS is connected) and processed with provided MATLAB®.
1999 marked the last time a commercial Morse code message was supposedly transmitted to ships at sea. However, if you travel on the backroads to Point... Read more
The Amateur Radio Legal Defense and Assistance Committee (ARLDAC) is considering hosting a half-day workshop for attorneys at the ARRL 2022 National C... Read more
WiMo takes over the manufacture and distribution of the well-known products of InnovAntennas Europe worldwide
“InnovAntennas Ltd. and WiMo Antennas and Elektronik GmbH, Herxheim / Germany, enter into closer cooperationIn 2018, UK production of all short... Read more
“We take Icom’s IC-705 transceiver on a ride with the Harley-Davidson Road King Limited and review it along with Icom’s AL-705 Magne... Read more
The IEEE Committee on Man and Radiation (COMAR) has issued an invitation to its webinar, “RF Exposure in the Time of Conspiracies.” The 1-hour event i... Read more
Beginning May 20, 2021, all amateur examination applicants will be required to provide an FCC Registration Number (FRN) to the Volunteer Examiners (VE... Read more
Members of the Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC) will activate the historic NSS call sign on Saturday, May 8, during the 2021 Armed Forces Day Cross-Ba... Read more
Goodbye Trio of Sunspots Hello Fast Solar Wind | Solar Storm Forecast 05.02.2021 Read more
A back-country hiker was rescued from Great Smoky Mountains National Park with assistance from amateur radio after she became exhausted on the trail a... Read more
A closer look at the Icom AH-705. A QRP antenna tuner for the IC-705 Trasnceiver. Tunable 50Ω antenna and long wire antenna designed for field operati... Read more