Happy DJControl compact owners, you can now use it to tune your Cloud-SDR client, a new build (#20170216) has just been released and it is shipped with DJControl support.
The DJControl compact is a very cheap device from Hercules, found on many shops (for example here) for less than 70 U$. This MIDI device is USB compatible and Cloud-SDR maps the keys and jogs to SDR control. The original idea to use this device was suggested to us by Evariste F5OEO, thanks again for this suggestion.
A PDF document is available showing how to use the device with the Cloud-SDR client. The following image is an example of what is in this PDF Manual.
Cloud-SDR client is similar to many existing SDR receiving software but comes with very specific features making it unique:
- Dual channel receiver: RXA and RXB are two totally independent receivers;
- Geographic integration: Display on map beacons, ADS-B reported airliners, known HF broadcast stations or any geo-localized information coming from the SDRNode server;
- GPS compatibility: plug a GPS receiver to your computer and track your location on the map, record signals with your position for later processing (coverage mapping etc.); display the UTC time;
- Digital Terrain Elevation: See the terrain elevation around your position, or in the direction of the antenna directly on the map (requires to download the free SRTM3 files from NASA, with 90m resolution);
- MP3 audio recording: record to mp3 the demodulated streams to reduce disk requirements;
- Chat with other users connected to the SDRNode Group: when used as a remote client for the SDRNode streaming server, you can interact with other users with messages or station spotting;
- Time-domain analysis: the MSR mode enables analysis of any sub-band and displays in real time the time domain signals of the selected spectrum portion. This sub-band can also be recorded (with geographic position if GPS is connected) and processed with provided MATLAB®.
The US Coast Guard has invited comments by January 21, 2021, on a proposal to discontinue HF voice watchkeeping. The proposal appeared on No... Read more
“The Gathering” will be the theme for the 2021 Dayton Hamvention®. Hamvention General Chair Rick Allnutt, WS8G, said the theme reflects what has been... Read more
Still Time to Apply for Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialists-Radio Positions
The deadline to apply for US Department of State Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialists-Radio (IMTS-R) positions is December 1,... Read more
Rodolfo Parisio, IW2BSF, reports that a Slow-Scan Television (SSTV) transmission event from the International Space Station is currently scheduled to... Read more
Xiegu REVEALS the GSOC Controller for G90 and X5105 Read more
The Board of Trustees of the Canadian Amateur Radio Hall of Fame is pleased to announce that Maurice-André Vigneault, VE3VIG... Read more
ARRL has urged the FCC to waive its proposed $50 amateur radio application fee. The Commission proposal was made last month in a Notice of Propos... Read more
SpaceX Dragon capsule Resilience, carrying four radio amateurs, autonomously docked on November 17 at 0401 UTC with the International S... Read more
US Representative Debbie Lesko of Arizona has introduced a resolution designating April 18, 2021, as National Amateur Radio Operators Day, t... Read more
The failure of two main cables sealed the observatory’s fate By Loren Grush The world-famous Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, known for... Read more
Stations handling emergency traffic during the response to Category 5 Hurricane Iota, just off the eastern coast of Nicaragua, are requesting clear fr... Read more
The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN) will activate on Monday, November 16, at 1300 UTC, for Hurricane Iota, now a strong Category 1 storm. The HWN will begin... Read more