Happy DJControl compact owners, you can now use it to tune your Cloud-SDR client, a new build (#20170216) has just been released and it is shipped with DJControl support.
The DJControl compact is a very cheap device from Hercules, found on many shops (for example here) for less than 70 U$. This MIDI device is USB compatible and Cloud-SDR maps the keys and jogs to SDR control. The original idea to use this device was suggested to us by Evariste F5OEO, thanks again for this suggestion.
A PDF document is available showing how to use the device with the Cloud-SDR client. The following image is an example of what is in this PDF Manual.
Cloud-SDR client is similar to many existing SDR receiving software but comes with very specific features making it unique:
- Dual channel receiver: RXA and RXB are two totally independent receivers;
- Geographic integration: Display on map beacons, ADS-B reported airliners, known HF broadcast stations or any geo-localized information coming from the SDRNode server;
- GPS compatibility: plug a GPS receiver to your computer and track your location on the map, record signals with your position for later processing (coverage mapping etc.); display the UTC time;
- Digital Terrain Elevation: See the terrain elevation around your position, or in the direction of the antenna directly on the map (requires to download the free SRTM3 files from NASA, with 90m resolution);
- MP3 audio recording: record to mp3 the demodulated streams to reduce disk requirements;
- Chat with other users connected to the SDRNode Group: when used as a remote client for the SDRNode streaming server, you can interact with other users with messages or station spotting;
- Time-domain analysis: the MSR mode enables analysis of any sub-band and displays in real time the time domain signals of the selected spectrum portion. This sub-band can also be recorded (with geographic position if GPS is connected) and processed with provided MATLAB®.
The NEMO-1 WSPR buy buoy launched by AMSAT-Argentina (AMSAT-LU) on January 30 was retrieved 12 days later by a fishing vessel. The buoy transmitted WS... Read more
“We received this ugly surprise; in detail an ICOM IC 7300 was stolen, of course, of course the freshman of the apparatus has already been repor... Read more
AMSAT has filed comments on the Federal Communications Commission’s Notice of Proposed Rulemaking which proposes to delete the 3.3 – 3.5 GHz (9 cm) am... Read more
by Lindsey O’Laughlin, Residents of White Rose Lane in Windsor Township are upset about this amateur radio tower in their neighbor’s yard... Read more
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES®) volunteers in DeSoto County, Mississippi, devoted several days in January to assisting local emergency manage... Read more
The W8S DXpedition to Swains Island in the Pacific, set to take place in mid-March, has been postponed until fall as a result of travel restrictions i... Read more