The deadline to submit nominations for these five ARRL awards that recognize educational and technological pursuits in Amateur Radio is just 2 weeks away. Nominations are also open for the League’s premier award to honor a young licensee.
- The Hiram Percy Maxim Award recognizes a radio amateur and ARRL member under age 21 whose accomplishments and contributions are of the most exemplary nature within the framework of Amateur Radio activities. Nominations for this award need to be made through your ARRL Section Manager, who will then forward the nomination to ARRL Headquarters by March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Microwave Development Award pays tribute to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who contribute to the development of the Amateur Radio microwave bands. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Service Award recognizes a licensed radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who provide Amateur Radio technical assistance or training to others. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Innovation Award is granted to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who develop and apply new technical ideas or techniques in Amateur Radio. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The Knight Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize exceptionally notable contributions by a Section Manager to the health and vitality of the ARRL. The nomination deadline is April 30, 2018.
The ARRL Board of Directors selects recipients for these awards. Winners are typically announced following the Board’s July meeting. More information about these awards is on the ARRL website, or contact Steve Ewald, WV1X, tel (860) 594-0265 at ARRL Headquarters.
“I spent the weekend camping and testing a couple of antennas: the Chameleon MPAS 2 vertical and the Wolf River Coils Silver Bullet 1000. Both a... Read more
S-Units” is the topic of the current (August 17) latest episode of the “ARRL The Doctor is In” podcast. Listen…and learn! Sponsored by DX Engi... Read more
TYT MD-380 UHF 400-480MHZ Digital Radio(DMR) ■Remote kill/stun/activate ■Priority Scan ■Voice Prompt ■Complying with digital protocol ETSI TS10... Read more
VERSATILE RADIO FOR AMATEUR AND COMMERCIAL USEThe NSTIG-8R is certified for use on commercial and amateur frequencies. The NSTIG-8R is FCC Cert... Read more
“Successful Bilateral Transatlantic 144 MHz QSO made ! Between 04 and 05 October 2016 a new record was set. PY1MHZ Marcos received in the city o... Read more
Most portable batteries pack a few thousand mAh of power into a pocket-sized package. Not this one. It’s an overgrown brute that boasts a ridiculous 1... Read more
General Features: Output Power 1.8 – 30 MHz 2K+, 6m 1K+ Device: 2x BLF189XR Auto Band Selection ICOM®; YAESU® Band data Interface CAT Connectivity LAN... Read more
BURST 2000A HF power amplifier BURST-2000A 2200 W PEP output power (SSB and CW) All HF bands, including WARC bands and 6 meters Rated input pow... Read more
FlexRadio Systems and Marcus Roskosch, DL8MRE announced today a partnership to develop, market and sell a client interface application for both iPad®... Read more
RFinder now includes the ability to make jamming reports. This is already available in RFinder Android and should be available on iOS devices by Dayto... Read more