The deadline to submit nominations for these five ARRL awards that recognize educational and technological pursuits in Amateur Radio is just 2 weeks away. Nominations are also open for the League’s premier award to honor a young licensee.
- The Hiram Percy Maxim Award recognizes a radio amateur and ARRL member under age 21 whose accomplishments and contributions are of the most exemplary nature within the framework of Amateur Radio activities. Nominations for this award need to be made through your ARRL Section Manager, who will then forward the nomination to ARRL Headquarters by March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Microwave Development Award pays tribute to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who contribute to the development of the Amateur Radio microwave bands. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Service Award recognizes a licensed radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who provide Amateur Radio technical assistance or training to others. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Innovation Award is granted to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who develop and apply new technical ideas or techniques in Amateur Radio. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The Knight Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize exceptionally notable contributions by a Section Manager to the health and vitality of the ARRL. The nomination deadline is April 30, 2018.
The ARRL Board of Directors selects recipients for these awards. Winners are typically announced following the Board’s July meeting. More information about these awards is on the ARRL website, or contact Steve Ewald, WV1X, tel (860) 594-0265 at ARRL Headquarters.
Photo: W7RN This is a comprehensive intro to the PSK31 digital mode. It’s all of the major concepts and some demonstration crammed into a 30 min... Read more
New Black Retevis RT95Dual Band 200 Channels Mobile Car Radio Description: RT95 Mobile Radio has nice housing, stoutness & stability, advanced and... Read more
Every Amateur Radio stations needs a power supply, but not all supplies are created equal. “Power Supplies” is the topic of the latest (July 20) episo... Read more
IC-9700 As well as have three working demonstration units of the forthcoming IC-9700 VHF/UHF/1.2GHz transceiver, Icom Inc. will be unveiling other pro... Read more
Product Description The Pixie “micro-power Telegraph transceiver kit instructions This is a very small volume of a simple 40 meter band micro-po... Read more
The CD-45II handles 8.5 sq. feet mounted inside a tower, or 5 sq. ft. with mast adapter. Low temperature grease good to -30 F degrees. Bell rotator de... Read more
CloudIQ The Cloud-IQ is the latest high performance software defined receiver from RFSPACE. The Cloud-IQ offers two modes of operation.... Read more
Ameritron HF+6 1200W Solid State Amplifier 1.5-54 MHz . . . 1200 Watts PEP Output, Instant Automatic band switching, no tuning, no warm-up, SWR protec... Read more
In this video we run through setting up a bluetooth CAT control for the Yaesu FT-817, using an Android Tablet, bluetooth interface, and Yaesus... Read more