The deadline to submit nominations for these five ARRL awards that recognize educational and technological pursuits in Amateur Radio is just 2 weeks away. Nominations are also open for the League’s premier award to honor a young licensee.
- The Hiram Percy Maxim Award recognizes a radio amateur and ARRL member under age 21 whose accomplishments and contributions are of the most exemplary nature within the framework of Amateur Radio activities. Nominations for this award need to be made through your ARRL Section Manager, who will then forward the nomination to ARRL Headquarters by March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Microwave Development Award pays tribute to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who contribute to the development of the Amateur Radio microwave bands. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Service Award recognizes a licensed radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who provide Amateur Radio technical assistance or training to others. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The ARRL Technical Innovation Award is granted to a radio amateur or group of radio amateurs who develop and apply new technical ideas or techniques in Amateur Radio. The nomination deadline is March 31, 2018.
- The Knight Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize exceptionally notable contributions by a Section Manager to the health and vitality of the ARRL. The nomination deadline is April 30, 2018.
The ARRL Board of Directors selects recipients for these awards. Winners are typically announced following the Board’s July meeting. More information about these awards is on the ARRL website, or contact Steve Ewald, WV1X, tel (860) 594-0265 at ARRL Headquarters.
Ask Dave 71 reviews the MFJ cobweb antenna, covering 20 through 10 meters. MFJ recently came out with a modification kit, adding 30 and 40 meters. Thi... Read more
RS-918 10WATT HF SDR Transceiver RX:1.8-30MHz TX:All HAM HF BANDS,Full Modes: SSB(J3E),CW,AM(RX Only),,FM, FREE-DV Features: Spectrum Dynamic Waterf... Read more
Introduction: The frequency meter capable of measuring the parameters of the frequency of the continuous carrier signal walkie-talkies , with signal... Read more
EI3KD and EI4DQ both spotted our 2m beacon from qth locator IO51 for a distance of almost 4200 km. At 15.11 Z of May 20th,2015 rs... Read more
Hot on the heels of the last post about the 5400km TEP opening on 144 MHz between Argentina and the island of Aruba, we have details of some more cont... Read more
2017 Digital Replica Edition The VHF/UHF DX Book was written in the early to mid-1990s by a team of experienced VHF/UHF DXers and equipment developers... Read more
1:1 dual core current balun Constructed using dual 240/31 cores. Stainless steel hardware. 1-61MHZ With dual cores you get great frequency range, equ... Read more
ARRL partner RFinder, the creator of a web and app-based directory of Amateur Radio repeaters worldwide, will supply all data for the 2017-2018 ARRL R... Read more
In this video we run through setting up a bluetooth CAT control for the Yaesu FT-817, using an Android Tablet, bluetooth interface, and Yaesus... Read more